“A cut above the rest - All the mod-cons & top notch service”
Review of Dream Bangkok

Dream Bangkok
Ranked #98 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“A cut above the rest - All the mod-cons & top notch service”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed at Dream for four nights and it was sensational.
Customer service 10/10 was sensational and were always there to help.

Food - 10/10 Breakfast buffet had everything from cereals, fruit, toast, juice, western and thai foods and a good old omelette stand. Pool menu had a great choice of snacks including burgers, pizza, pasta etc.

Location - So close to the action on sukhumvit road, and a 3-5 min walk to Nana BTS. Easy access to bars and clubs. Secure with security guards present all around the area

WIFI - 12/10 I love a good hotel with WIFI and Dream didnt disappoint. In my room, pool, lobby, bar, restaurant very quick speeds that dont drop out.

Pool - Big enough and on rooftop. Sun beds and bar at your disposal.

Cannot fault. Will definitely stay here again

MJ

Room Tip: Book through the hotel and mention you want to cut out the booking sites
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Matt J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I travel to BKK 6-10 times a year, and I have for the last 18 months almost always stayed in Dream Hotel Bangkok, and I have always left with a feeling that I was looking forward to come back. Not so after my last stay.
As I already was in BKK, I booked the room by walking in and talking directly to the reception. Everything went smooth, and a room was booked, and they took all necessary information from me, and I signed a normal "checkin form" with my credit card number and signature.
When I then came back 12 days later to check in, they could not find my booking, and the hotel was "full". After I explained how I had booked the room, the reception girl said, "oh yes, I remember that, it was me who helped you with that."
After she talked to her boss, and whoever else on the phone, I was finally given a room to the standard that I wanted.
The room was ok, but as I was made aware of in the morning, right underneath the gym!

The breakfast is something that I look forward to in Dream Hotel, as it is excellent! And although the food was as good as always, the staff was not as attentive as they usually are. And because you don't fill your coffee/tee yourself, it's the staff walking around filling the cup for u, I was sitting and waiting to get my cup filled again. I was trying to make them aware, trying to get one of them to look towards my table. But finally I just got up and collected it myself.

It's small things to some, but when you pay good money, as you do in Dream, I expect a certain standard.

Sorry to say that after this last experience, I will be looking on some other hotel to stay at. With the wast amount of good hotels on BKK, I feel that Dream did not deliver what I expected this time, and then it's time to move on.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We chose this hotel because of its central location, being close to the subway and skytrain lines as well as the nearby night markets.
The rooms are clean, quiet and staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast is amazing at this place with a massive choice of foods both asian and western with a nice dining area so for somewhere affordable to stay for a few nights in bangkok its not a bad choice. There are of course better hotels for that kind of budget but most of those hotels are well away from the main city area. This hotel is parked in Sukhumvit which is one of the more interesting places to be in Bangkok.The only downside to this hotel is the wifi can be a little unreliable particularly at peak times but apart from that a good experience

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Dream price for dream - service, upgrade to suite, pool, five mins stroll to Health Land by the quieter back streets of Sukhumvit.

Delighted that my friend proposed I stay here and helped me to book. I had a great stay, upgraded to a suite - #520. The staff were friendly and polite, the suite big and bright and clean, fresh fruits were topped up every day, newspapers, two flatscreen TVs and DVD players, comfy sofa and work table, and Aigner toiletries a nice touch. It felt like a home away from home with all the creature comforts and convenience. A great rooftop pool and a gym that was small but had what I needed to get my usual workout. My trip turned into a work-filled holiday, so I was really glad that I was in the best part of Sukhumvit (in my option), walking to Terminal 21 was a mere 10 mins, walking to Health Land for my daily massage was a mere 5 min stroll, and back to the care and quick service of the team at Dream.

Thank you!

Room Tip: The newer block with the rooftop pool and gym. Corner suite #520 was wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Am_I_Impressed
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Nice, quiet little hotel located in a very convenient place. The staff are friendly and the hotel room was clean and well laid out. Only frustrating thing was that the room was not lit enough - could do with a better lamp/light. Having said that, the blue light around the room and beds is a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Very nice hotel in a quiet location off the Sukhumvit Road. Near train stations and of course there's always the Tuk Tuk's around. Very reasonable rates for such a nice hotel , quite small but very friendly staff and helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 10 days and the service and quality of the hotel was excellent. Everyone from the manager to the Bar staff were so friendly and professional and looked after us very well. I have stayed at this hotel 2 times in the last 6 months and I will keep on coming back....Thank you everyone at the Dream Hotel Bangkok for everything!!!!

John

Room Tip: 9th Floor is a Nice Suite and very affordable and Comfortable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family