The Sukosol Hotel
US$222
US$145
US$130
1,965 results
All reviewssiam city hotellin faphaya thai btsairport linkold wingking powerfamily roomvictory monumentbts stationstar hotelbreakfast buffetswimming poolchecking indeluxe roomhotel staffsiam paragonstreet food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I fairly enjoyed my stay at the Sukosol Bangkok for 3 nights. I'd definitely stay again next time if there's no better option.

<GOOD>
- Love the transportation the most! Located just across Phaya Thai BTS station and that made our trip much easier. And what greater thing is that you can reach to the hotel directly from airport by Airport Rail, just in 30 mins. No worries to be overcharged by Taxi. :D Cool and easy breezy.
- Overall atmosphere. Especially I loved it a nice relaxing patio area between two buildings.
- Breakfast: I had breakfast at a restaurant on the lobby floor of main building. It's not a large space with plenty of variety but has essentials with good quality and taste. Better to include.
- Well-trained, kind staff.
- Room and the beds were cozy and clean.
- Has both shower and bathtub in bathroom.
- Conveniences: some CVS like 7-11 are nearby. You can find food court around the buildings at the junction of Phaya Thai station. Heard nice massages and a duty free store are also located upper side within a walking distance.
- Has a giftshop and bakery cafe. Good to look around.

<BAD>
- Shower's hot & cold water blended awfully. Don't know our room only had trouble with this, but could't take a shower properly. So I used the bathtub instead. :(
- There was no clock in our room, anywhere! So we had to keep checking our watches and TV. That means you have to call the front to ask a wake-up call for alarming.
- Wished having more vegetables and fruits for breakfast buffet, even though I'm not a vegetarian at all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear adultchildren,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post all your feedback, it is a great benefit for us to hear from our guests. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially our convenient location and atmosphere.

We have been working on our hot water system over the past few weeks, and this may have affected your room, for which I apologize most sincerely. I will also pass on your comments to the chef, though would like to note that we do currently serve a selection of fruits, plus a number of breakfast salads.

Please do consider us again for any future trips to Bangkok, and we will strive to have only good comments next time!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Sukasol really is a good hotel with very attentive staff. They would always greet us with a sincere smile coming and going, even the security guard was friendly. The pool was nice but another reviewers comment that the pool bar was not well attended is accurate. One nice feature is that the hotel is at the end of the rail line from the International airport. This made it very convenient for our late night arrival. I suggest that the hotel give good instructions on how to get from the station to the hotel, we were lost for 15 minutes. Fortunately we had the hotel address written in Thai and a very helpful motorcycle rider guided us to the hotel. Having hotel addresses in Thai can be quite important in returning by taxi. This might be something the Sukasol can do on their website, I had to do screenshots to retrieve the information. There are a few places nearby for street food and restaurants. Taxi rides to the old part of the city were inexpensive. I think I preferred staying away from the low cost travelers area, I must be getting old.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BillB7206
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear BillB7206,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, it is always wonderful to hear from happy guests, especially with constructive comments. I have asked the team to put together a better map with more detailed directions for our guests to download from our website as per your suggestion.

We do hope that your positive experience encourages you to come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights, mostly just using it as a place to base ourselves. However, the bits we experienced were very good.

The pool was very nice, an elevated 'water longer' area had three bubble producing pointers which were nice to lie in. Plenty of towels etc.

Room itself was a decent size and clean. Comfortable bed and good shower.

I was also impressed by Harry on reception. Despite arriving in a wreck (the AC broke on our overnight train and we struggled to get a non-rip off price from the train station) he and the rest of the staff treated us well. Impressively Harry remembered my name the next day (the hotel has a lot of rooms). He was also helpful with tips for visiting sites, etc. Thanks Harry!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear FlyMeFarAway,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your stay, I will make sure to pass them on to the team, especially Harry. It was also nice to hear you enjoyed our pool with it's jacuzzi beds as well as your room.

We hope to see you back for more Sukosol service soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I made my reservation through booking.com and check in was fast. My husband and I were attended to one Japanese lady (Azumi or Ayuki or something like that..), she was friendly and even shared with us information on taxi service etc.

No complaint on the cleanliness of the room. No cigarette smell. Even breakfast was satisfying! (They served bacon / pork, so this hotel may not be suitable for Moslim..)

As for its location, it is about 3-5 minutes walk from BTS Phaya Thai. But if it rains, then you may need to bring along umbrella because you need to cross the one main street to get there.. But worry not, the policemen are always there to assist you while you are crossing the heavy traffic... 7-Eleven is just next door... And although its location is next to a busy road, but the plus point is our room was so quiet! Do request for room NOT facing the road if you are a light sleeper!

It took us about 20-30minutes to walk to Pratunam market. My husband and I do enjoy walking if the weather is not too hot. We skipped the walking when it was hot. On some occasions, we even took taxi / tuk-tuk to go Pratunam because the sun was scorching hot!

If you are looking for comfortable, clean and elegant room, with fine dining experience, The Sukosol definitely suits you! Personally, I will stay here again in the future.... It is near to BTS, near to 7-Eleven, but I just need to bring my umbrella!

(Sometimes the heavy traffic scares me and it takes great courage to cross the busy road!)

Room Tip: High floors for view, and not facing the road if you are a light sleeper!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shobra1

Dear Shobra1,

Thank you for your kind comments on your stay with us, it will be a pleasure to share them with the team. Only a few of our guests walk to nearby Pratunam for the shopping, but it actually is quite close, if you don't mind Bangkok's heat!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had a short stay here and it’s a good-looking hotel with pleasant staff. Fast check-in and check-out, large modern rooms. It also has a OK sized swimming pool with sunbeds, and acutely three sunbeds inside the pool as well. One withdraw was the lack of service by the pool..... All the staff were hanging around in air-coned Spa, so didn't get to order any drinks or anything while we were there.
Easy to get to, Airport express train to the end station and a 5-10 min walk. Also connected to the BTS, which makes it easy to get around in BKK.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear vTRAVELv,

Many thanks for taking time to submit your review, which I have shared with the team. We were very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us overall.

I have already discussed your comments regarding pool service with my operations team, and they will ensure that there is a member of staff with guests at the pool going forward.