“Decent Establishment”

Ranked #148 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Reston, Virginia
“Decent Establishment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is nicely decorated and located in a quiet, and somewhat unremarkable location. The nearby BTS was useful in getting to shopping and attractions. A common market is located approximately a mile from the hotel however the heat (40c) makes walking uncomfortable. The hotel bar is very low key, and almost nobody seemed to attend. The fitness center had almost everything that you would need in a workout except adequate air conditioning.

Overall this hotel is probably best for larger groups and families as they can entertain each other. Though the accommodations were completely adequate, as a solo traveler I prefer being closer to the action.

Room Tip: Be prepared to make use of BTS, it is only three stops to Siam center.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank IHG_Fan
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear BoomerPickins,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay with us. On behalf of the team we appreciate your positive comments on our service and facilities.

With regards to our location, as you mentioned, we are a very short walk from the BTS, and only two stops from Siam main intersection, as well as being only a short taxi ride away from many government, UN and NGO offices. That plus our proximity to the Airport Rail Link offers guests a great deal of convenience to get around Bangkok.

Thank you again and we hope we might still see you back with us again in the future.

Philipp Frickhinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

There are 2 building; Old and new. We chose the new one as we have been told the room is better(never got a chance to check the old one though)

The new building is located on the front of the hotel and you can hear a street noise. The old one located further backed and is taller so it should have less street noise.

The room we stayed was good and up to any standard hotels with all amenities provided. Although you have to walk and connect to the old building to get to the gym/pool, it's not too bad. If you plan on using a pool, there is a hallway near souvenir shop that allows you to cut through between old and new building without having to walk pass the lobby.

Gym: Beside it's a little old, it is quite big and has variety of machines to choose. Staff was very nice.

Free in room internet

Breakfast: Great...not too fancy but basically have everything you look for.

Location: walk able to Sky train. A little dark in the late night but not too dangerous

Parking: Very good free parking. Plenty of lot and easy to park.

Room Tip: Choose the old building which is taller and further in the back if you sensitive with street noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank T M
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear T M,

Many thanks for submitting your detailed review here, we were happy to hear of your positive experience at The Sukosol. Usually, we try to take into account our guests' preferences regarding rooms in the Siam Wing and Ayuthaya Wing, with those guests who prefer direct access to the swimming pool placed in the Siam Wing.

We do hope that you will consider us again for any future trips to Bangkok and look forward to welcoming you with more Sukosol service!

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night in February. I arrived late (about 9pm) and my first impression was that the lobby area was beautiful with lovely restaurants and bars to relax in. I had a few problems checking in - the staff could not initially find my booking which was slightly worrying despite me showing my confirmation. They kept asking me if I was sure I had a booking - I work for the company that I booked through so I was pretty sure there wasn't a problem! After about 15 minutes they eventually found the booking and I was shown to my room.

This was very large a tastefully decorated. The room was very clean as was the bathroom - my only comment would be that there was a slight drainy smell when I ran the bath away! I had a flight to catch the next day but with a few hours to kill decided to relax around the pool. This was lovely and very peaceful. I also had lunch there which was very good.

Location wise the hotel is great - very close to the skytrain and airport link so perfect for exploring.

I wouldn't particularly rush back to the hotel but if I was back in Bangkok and it was the right price it would not bother me to stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dear little_birdy150484,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, on behalf of the whole team, we were happy to read you enjoyed your stay overall. I apologise for the mix-up at check-in and I have asked the front office team to update their procedure to ensure this kind of issue does not arise again.

Hopefully we will be able to welcom you back to The Sukosol again next time you visit.

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

it is a very good hotel, with good service, but unfortunately you can't open the windows and the only "fresh air" that you have is the one from air conditioning. the location is good, near a BTS station.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Andra I,

Many thanks for submitting your review here, it always helps us improve our service to hear back from our guests. With regards to the windows in your guest room, I would like to apologize that you could not open them, but unfortunately they are kept closed for safety reasons.

We do hope that this doesn't dissuade you from returning to The Sukosol in the future.

Yokosuka, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed at the Skosol for 3 nights in March. Good service, close to BTS station. They serve delicious Breakfast with a variety of food. I will definitely stay here again when I come to Bangkok next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear scooter738,

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is very gratifying for the whole team to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we all very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Seoul
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I fairly enjoyed my stay at the Sukosol Bangkok for 3 nights. I'd definitely stay again next time if there's no better option.

<GOOD>
- Love the transportation the most! Located just across Phaya Thai BTS station and that made our trip much easier. And what greater thing is that you can reach to the hotel directly from airport by Airport Rail, just in 30 mins. No worries to be overcharged by Taxi. :D Cool and easy breezy.
- Overall atmosphere. Especially I loved it a nice relaxing patio area between two buildings.
- Breakfast: I had breakfast at a restaurant on the lobby floor of main building. It's not a large space with plenty of variety but has essentials with good quality and taste. Better to include.
- Well-trained, kind staff.
- Room and the beds were cozy and clean.
- Has both shower and bathtub in bathroom.
- Conveniences: some CVS like 7-11 are nearby. You can find food court around the buildings at the junction of Phaya Thai station. Heard nice massages and a duty free store are also located upper side within a walking distance.
- Has a giftshop and bakery cafe. Good to look around.

<BAD>
- Shower's hot & cold water blended awfully. Don't know our room only had trouble with this, but could't take a shower properly. So I used the bathtub instead. :(
- There was no clock in our room, anywhere! So we had to keep checking our watches and TV. That means you have to call the front to ask a wake-up call for alarming.
- Wished having more vegetables and fruits for breakfast buffet, even though I'm not a vegetarian at all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear adultchildren,

First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post all your feedback, it is a great benefit for us to hear from our guests. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially our convenient location and atmosphere.

We have been working on our hot water system over the past few weeks, and this may have affected your room, for which I apologize most sincerely. I will also pass on your comments to the chef, though would like to note that we do currently serve a selection of fruits, plus a number of breakfast salads.

Please do consider us again for any future trips to Bangkok, and we will strive to have only good comments next time!

Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Sukasol really is a good hotel with very attentive staff. They would always greet us with a sincere smile coming and going, even the security guard was friendly. The pool was nice but another reviewers comment that the pool bar was not well attended is accurate. One nice feature is that the hotel is at the end of the rail line from the International airport. This made it very convenient for our late night arrival. I suggest that the hotel give good instructions on how to get from the station to the hotel, we were lost for 15 minutes. Fortunately we had the hotel address written in Thai and a very helpful motorcycle rider guided us to the hotel. Having hotel addresses in Thai can be quite important in returning by taxi. This might be something the Sukasol can do on their website, I had to do screenshots to retrieve the information. There are a few places nearby for street food and restaurants. Taxi rides to the old part of the city were inexpensive. I think I preferred staying away from the low cost travelers area, I must be getting old.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BillB7206
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear BillB7206,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, it is always wonderful to hear from happy guests, especially with constructive comments. I have asked the team to put together a better map with more detailed directions for our guests to download from our website as per your suggestion.

We do hope that your positive experience encourages you to come back and visit us again.