“A+ location”
Review of The Sukosol

The Sukosol
Ranked #111 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Super convenient for reaching airport and also the Sky links that will take you all around the city.

The rooms were comparable to a nicer Westin in the USA. Nice and clean bathrooms and good room size.
The breakfast buffet was amazing but really expensive for Thailand. I did not include it in my roommate and ended up paying $20 for each day. You can include in your booking for $15. Even though the location is great to get to transportation for getting around, there really are no other breakfast options in walking distance ( not counting the Thai street food), there is some of that.
So, if you like to eat breakfast before you start your day/activities I recommend including in your booking so you at least save a few $. Like I said, the spread is really nice

Free wifi in the rooms

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Debbie H,

Thank you very much for letting us know how your stay was at The Sukosol. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed our location, as well as our breakfast spread!

We do recommend guests check the prices on our own website, where we offer rooms including breakfast, as well as without, so that guests have a choice depending on their needs.

On behalf of the whole team here, we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed at the Sukosol for 6 days for a work related trip and was really happy with the service, amenities and the overall experience. The staff was helpful, the breakfast and lunch buffets were fantastic and the rooms very nice! There were some oddities- like no iron in the room and then when I asked for one, I got one needed an adapter to plug in (luckily I had one) and the fact that I was locked out of my room and it took a while for someone to come and then a while for them to fix the problem (there was a problem the strip reader on the door). Service was very friendly but a little slack overall (I scrounged other tables for fresh cutlery fairly regularly at breakfast). I'd still recommend this hotel and go back when I'm back in Bangkok!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear r0yalty,

Many thanks for letting us know how your stay was, it is incredibly useful for us to hear this kind of feedback and I will make sure to pass this on to the relevant teams. I do apologize regarding the iron, it is hotel safety policy to provide one only for guests who request it, but we will make sure to include an adapter for the future.

Thank you too for your recommendation and we will hope to see you back in Bangkok soon.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I made a last minute decision to stay here for my last night in Bangkok and am very glad I did. From the moment we entered the beautiful hotel lobby, we were greeted by helpful and friendly staff who made check in seamless and hassle-free. The room was clean and modern, and the breakfast spread was good. The hotel has a swimming pool and steam room and sauna, and is extremely conveniently located no more than a 3 minute walk from the BTS sky train and Airport link Phya Thai Station. The hotel offer a free shuttle to the Airport Link station which was helpful with our luggage.
The hotel staff were very accommodating around our request for a late check-out and as such, given it's excellent location in Bangkok, we would be very happy to return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Husein88,

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit your comments on your stay, we appreciate your feedback and are pleased that we were able to make your stay enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to The Sukosol soon, hopefully for a longer stay!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

It was indeed a pleasant stay at the Sukosol Hotel during my last visit in May.
The people there were very nice and friendly, and most of all, helpful too. The room is spacious and tidy.
The breakfast at the cafe was very good as well.
Sure will stay at the Sukosol next round.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan W
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Alan W,

Many thanks for your kind words, we enjoy hearing from our guests, especially when they are so complimentary!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Bangkok and The Sukosol soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

From the very moment I received my confirmation for my reservation, I could easily tell that The Sukosol was ready to take care of me and my family. They took their time to ask me if there was any extra/special services I would need during my stay and that said a lot from the outset.

Once I arrived at the hotel for the customary check in process, they welcomed me and my entire family and address me by my name and that showed a very personable approach as opposed to saying " Sir" or " Madame". What was also very obvious was their hospitality was superb starting from the doormen all the way through front front desk staff and bellman and porters bringing our suitcase to our room. I found their smile to be very genuine and ready to assist me at any point should the need arise.

Furthermore, our room was quite elegant and nicely decorated and they even went out of their way to put extra touches by placing balloons and a happy birthday cake for my 1yr old daughter. To me, these are very small gestures but shows how much the hotel cares for my feelings and that of my family's.

Last but not least, the food be it at room service or at any of their 3 restaurants was quite simply sumptuous. I can not say enough about the quality of the food and the portions, if ordered a la carte, were very generous.

In closing, having traveled all over the world both on business and pleasure, I have found The Sukosol one of the very best in its class and the value one gets for the money he/she pays is quite phenomenal. I would come back again to The Sukosol as I know my satisfaction is guaranteed and if I need anything or have concerns, I do know that the hotel management will be attentive and see to it that I am satisfied.

Room Tip: I try to avoid rooms close to the elevator but my favorite rooms are corner rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael S

Dear Michael S,

Thank you very much for such a detailed and glowing review, it is our pleasure to make our guests visits to Bangkok as enjoyable as possible.

I will make sure to share your comments with the whole team and can assure you that we all look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel is nicely decorated and located in a quiet, and somewhat unremarkable location. The nearby BTS was useful in getting to shopping and attractions. A common market is located approximately a mile from the hotel however the heat (40c) makes walking uncomfortable. The hotel bar is very low key, and almost nobody seemed to attend. The fitness center had almost everything that you would need in a workout except adequate air conditioning.

Overall this hotel is probably best for larger groups and families as they can entertain each other. Though the accommodations were completely adequate, as a solo traveler I prefer being closer to the action.

Room Tip: Be prepared to make use of BTS, it is only three stops to Siam center.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank IHG_Fan

Dear BoomerPickins,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay with us. On behalf of the team we appreciate your positive comments on our service and facilities.

With regards to our location, as you mentioned, we are a very short walk from the BTS, and only two stops from Siam main intersection, as well as being only a short taxi ride away from many government, UN and NGO offices. That plus our proximity to the Airport Rail Link offers guests a great deal of convenience to get around Bangkok.

Thank you again and we hope we might still see you back with us again in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

There are 2 building; Old and new. We chose the new one as we have been told the room is better(never got a chance to check the old one though)

The new building is located on the front of the hotel and you can hear a street noise. The old one located further backed and is taller so it should have less street noise.

The room we stayed was good and up to any standard hotels with all amenities provided. Although you have to walk and connect to the old building to get to the gym/pool, it's not too bad. If you plan on using a pool, there is a hallway near souvenir shop that allows you to cut through between old and new building without having to walk pass the lobby.

Gym: Beside it's a little old, it is quite big and has variety of machines to choose. Staff was very nice.

Free in room internet

Breakfast: Great...not too fancy but basically have everything you look for.

Location: walk able to Sky train. A little dark in the late night but not too dangerous

Parking: Very good free parking. Plenty of lot and easy to park.

Room Tip: Choose the old building which is taller and further in the back if you sensitive with street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank T M
SukosolHotels, General Manager at The Sukosol, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear T M,

Many thanks for submitting your detailed review here, we were happy to hear of your positive experience at The Sukosol. Usually, we try to take into account our guests' preferences regarding rooms in the Siam Wing and Ayuthaya Wing, with those guests who prefer direct access to the swimming pool placed in the Siam Wing.

We do hope that you will consider us again for any future trips to Bangkok and look forward to welcoming you with more Sukosol service!