Royal President
US$156
US$138
US$176
Hotels.com
All reviewscourt wingjunior suitemain buildingtuk tukmini martfront office managerdvd playerhome away from homesukhumvit areawashing machinepleasant staybig roomlocation is greatstandard roombts stationkitchenettenana
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I just did 2 nights at the Royal President. It's down on the left of Sukhumvit, Soi 15, so it's a bit of a narrow path to walk to get to civilization, especially in the rain...but aside from that, it's a great place to stay, given the price it's going for these days. In particular, it's only about an 8 min walk to Terminal 21 (A huge shopping, food and movie mall), the BTS and the MRT. The room I had was a bit dark as I was on a low floor with no view, but it was spacious and clean, with an in-room safe and good closet space. I also loved the walk-in shower. The only negative of the room is that the bed is on rollers -- not sure why hotels still do this. Also, I had a lot of problems with web pages not loading, in spite of a server that has a decent download clock speed. So if you're working on the road, it's not utopia. For super fast internet, use Arize Hotel on Soi 16 (previous review). This time I went with Royal President just due to the price and because it was on the lower-soi side of Asok (better for traffic).

The hotel facilities are all pretty good, and the hotel is clean, the staff friendly and courteous, and the restaurant food pretty good. Overall, a decent place to stay!

Room Tip: Get a higher floor!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear tokyomike55,

Thank you very much indeed for writing such a lovely review for us on TripAdvisor.

Anyway, we are so sorry for poor internet service you experienced during your stay with us.
The internet speed (100 Mbps) is actually shared among all hotel guests using internet for various purposes at the same time i.e. video conferencing, chatting, web surfing, online gaming and so forth. All these could slow down your website connectivity at times.

tokyomike55, beds on rollers are used so our room maids can make up the beds easier and faster for our guests.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

It is a good property, but located in Soi 15 which a bit inside. The property is very lavishly constructed and has a royal feeling. Breakfast was very good. They have also served indian food in breakfast. They have less man power hence check in check out is a bit high. The rooms are big and with good interior. Worth the price charged. But I would suggest they increase their man power.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank devesh
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear devesh,

Thank you very much indeed for spending the time to write a positive review for us on TripAdvisor following your recent stay in August 2013.

On behalf of the management, your below constructive feedback regarding manpower is highly appreciated. We will be more cautiously when planning our manpower especially during the middle-east season.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again and soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I wanted a hotel for our family reunion and we took 2 junior family suites. we were give the Suites in court wing which is in a alley around 50 meters from main building the suites were well appointed and were clean. It has a nice living area with TV DVD player and many channels however channel quality was a sore point. each suite had 2 bedrooms 1 with king bed and dressers and other with a queen bed and lots of storage space both bedrooms had attached bathrooms with bath tub. They have free wifi as well. Staff was very responsive and room service is good too.

Only issue we felt was the charges which are levied on you for extra services are on higher side so negotiate in advance.

This Hotel is conveniently located at walking distance from terminal 21 mall and BTS station. very secure place with a guard on duty below the wing and must try are the massage shops next to the court wing.

Beware of the taxi guys standing outside hotel they tend to charge more or drive you towards the shops which give them commissions. best is to ask hotel desk for taxi call.

Negotiate well with the hotel travel desk we were quoted 1500 bhat for trip to safari world in a Toyota innova vehicle however we finally negotiated a more luxurious 10 seater van for 800 bhat.

Overall it is a good hotel and I will stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kamal B

Dear kamalbatra,

Thank you for posting a lovely review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciated your time and effort here. Your feedback will be used for continuous improvement of the hotel facilities and services i.e. TV channel quality.

With regards to charges on extra services i.e. sightseeing, kindly be advised that it is the outsource supplier who provides the tour services. Alternatively, our front desk is willing to provide you with tour options from other suppliers for price comparison, the guests can then negotiate directly with any of these operators for the best and agreeable deal.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again and soon.

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

I've been in the last 8 years many times in Thailand, and every time I spend between 3 to 7 days in Bkk. And my choice it's always about Royal President! The location it's great: It's an hotel near sukhumvit road, so in the best area, near the bts stops ASOK and Nana!
In that side of the street there is always a nice street market, as as well pharmacy or 7eleven or whatever you need.
About nightlife, in soy 11 there are many clubs I use to go, so you spend like 1 minute in the taxi.
The hotel has 2 parts, the building and another part separated, called court wing. The rooms are very big and you can ask for a junior suite or a suite, you get a nice bedroom with a living room and kitchen.
I like both the sides of the hotel, court wing it's cheaper, the principal building it's a little more expensive but the rooms are also better. But in both cases the rooms and also the bathroom are high quality standard. I got once also the family suite so if you are in 3 or 4 it's a very good choice.
The staff it's great, Pattana, Chol and the other women at the reception and front office are very nice and gentle and always smiling. We asked them many things and they are always very comprehensive with us ... The guys at the door are also very nice and the breakfast when I found the time to go, it's always very good and you can eat all that you want. The cleaning it's always very good and they did anytime I had the exigence to clean my room even in the evening. Me and my friends we have also many girlfriends there so they never give me a problem and they are comprehensive about that :)
I will definitely go back there as I did in the last 8 years. I also suggested the hotel to my Italian friends and all of them had a good experience and went back there already 2 times. I don't even look for another hotel, Bkk for me means Royal President.. See you soon!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Hi, i have stayed in this hotel before and i liked it however the suite looks better with a better view however that is much not of the issue. i would like to know which one is the new wing and also we are four people so if we take the junior family suite will we fit?! Cuz i think it said in the 2 rooms one of the room has a single bed! Could someone please guide me thanks!!

• Stayed: July 2013