“Another great experience”

Ranked #422 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
uk
“Another great experience”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

By now I have lost track of how many times I have stayed here … I come to Bangkok three times a year and have been using the Royal President for a few years now.
Some of the fixtures and fittings are a bit old but that's the only negative thing you can say about the place. The staff really make this a great place to stay - a large proportion of them know me well now and on my last visit one even remembered how I like my eggs done :)

I have reviewed this place at least three times before but as the manager asked me yesterday to review it again, I am happy to do so.

I love this place - even the jolly lady that cleans my room gave me a hug on the morning I departed - I almost feel part of the family.

For the new visitor, the hotel is in a great location, near plenty of shops and the BTS sky train by which you can access most places in Bangkok.

3 Thank UkJohnm
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear UkJohnm,

It was indeed our great pleasure to serve you again during your time in Bangkok. We appreciate you coming back to stay with us. Thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed your stay and interactions with our staff members. We appreciate all of your feedback and are looking forward to your return!

Hotel Manager - Royal President Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I have used Royal President many times over the last 4 years for business travel. The location is close to everything, with a good gym, good dining, WIFI in room, reasonable cost. Excellent reception staff and conference facilities. Only negative is the lack of non-smoking separate bedroom apartments.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street front have much more light than those at the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Mark L,

Thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent and repeated visit to us here in Bangkok.

We believe in providing great service and our dedication is to maintain and constantly improve the guest experience. From your rating I can see that you were not fully satisfied with your stay this time and I wish we could have fully lived up to your expectations.

I believe that your review speaks for itself and within the Royal President Hotel team we have gone through the pros and cons in your detailed feedback. By the way; great to hear that you liked our hotel location, gym, dining facilities, WiFi in room, value for money, hospitality of staff and our conference facilities.

You have got a point about smoking/non-smoking rooms and in-room lighting, it is always good to specify what you expect, so we know and you are satisfied with the choice. Every need and request is unique, depending on the specific trip. We love to hear what our customers are expecting from us, and then enjoy adding an extra dimension to the trip by creating a unique experience.

Should you ever come our way again, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly and I will personally make sure we make you feel at home away from home.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I have stayed at the Royal President Hotel on many occasions -most recently in December 2013 thru January 2014 -
It is a very good hotel -- conveniently located with excellent service - The staff is most helpful and the atmosphere is friendly- The Front Office is particularly helpful and courteous - The Room Service and
Housekeeping is very good - Some of the facilities are a bit old but the excellence of the staff more than off sets that - I very strongly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good experience in Bangkok- -- few other hotels in Bangkok ( and I have stayed in several over the years ) give the high quality that the The Royal President provides -

Room Tip: Rooms in the Court Wing are quieter but rooms in the Main Wing are more convenient
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Edward B,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It is lovely to hear that you enjoyed our hotel location, atmosphere, and hospitality. I am more pleased to know that all the team here thoroughly looked after you.

I very much hope that we will have the pleasure of your company again in the future.

Warmest regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Location is very good in Sukhumvit 15. Originally I booked Junior Suite room at Court Wing which a bit walk from hotel reception and restaurant. They have special offer to pay a bit more to stay at Deluxe Suite at the Main Wing. I like the Deluxe Suite very much. The small swimming pool where you can relax. All staff are helpful and professional especially Front Desk.
I will come back !!

Room Tip: Ask for Deluxe Suite.
Dear William E,

Thank you very much indeed for spending the time to write a review for us on TripAdvisor.

It means so much to us that you feel the Royal President Hotel was a good part of your trip to Bangkok. We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and appreciate you commenting on your friendly interactions with our staff. We are looking forward to welcoming you back later this year!

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I went to Bangkok with my family in december last year. As soon as I reached airport I call hotel for pickup. they sent the limo for us. They charged me 1200 THB for it. The service at hotel is good. Its near to a metro station so we can take the transit. Breakfast is good . over all its a very nice hotel and value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear AkshayaDelhi,

Thank you for your review. We have always believed that travelling with a group of family is a stressful endeovour, and if we are able to provide customer service that would lessen some of that stress, then we are on the right track. We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stay at this hotel on a regular basis when in Bangkok. It's just off the main sukhumvit road 10 min walk to very busy street where the lady can shop till they drop. Can only comment on delux rooms they are a little dated but very clear and a good size. House keeping are first class. All staff very helpful and will have a laugh and joke with you. Swimming pool is small but again spotless as is the gym. Breakfast is fine a large selection on view. To be honest this hotel is better than some 5* I've been too.

Room Tip: Go for the delux in D block
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Deno198,

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely review about your stay at The Royal President Hotel. I am very pleased to know your overall experience with us was memorable and that you enjoyed our hotel location. It is our sincere pleasure to provide hotel services and amenities in every way. Your kind compliments about our staff means everything to us and we are motivated that you felt the warmth of our hospitality. I will most certainly share your kind words with the team. We hope to welcome you back on many more occasions.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had stayed at the Royal President before but had not done so in a few years. I was pleased to see that the Park wing rooms had been redone, both as to upholstery and tile in the bathroom. A small negative is that the king bed was actually two twins pushed together. The staff, as always, was very friendly and helpful. I was glad to see that you can request, and get, a nonsmoking room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
HM_RP, General Manager at Royal President, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear nkped,

Thank you very much indeed for your nice feedback. We are so delighted to learn that you enjoyed your repeated stay at the Royal President Hotel and that you appreciated our hospitality. Surely, we will pass your compliments to our employees.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon.