“Great hotel for 2 day stay in Bangkok”

Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #103 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Brussels, Belgium
“Great hotel for 2 day stay in Bangkok”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed in the Rembrant Hotel Bangkok for 2 nights in April. First impressions were great, the lobby was beautiful and the staff welcoming and friendly. We had paid for an early check in as our flight arrived at 5am and this all ran very smoothly. The room was clean and spacious with a lovely big bathroom.

We used the gym on the first day which was small but had all the equipment you need for quicj workout. Although I did not use the pool, I did take a look and it seemed clean.

Breakfast was great, and the lobby bar had a nice atmosphere.

Getting a taxi from the hotel was easy, the staff would get one for you, write the details (including the Registtration number of the vehicle) on a little card for you with the details of the hotel incase you were struggling to get back. Although the location was a little bit far from any main attractions, it was within walking distance of the shopping malls such as Siam and Central world and BBK.

Overall the hotel was pleasant and great for a short stay in Bangkok, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there.

2 Thank Rebecca R
Eric H, General Manager at Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Rebecca R:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your detailed response is greatly appreciated and we strive to meet the expectations of our guests. The taxi situation in Bangkok is a challenging one, but we try to make it as painless as possible with the assistance of our associates. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

booknow@rembrandtbkk.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (749)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Its a mixed feeling about this hotel. When I first arrived and walked into the lobby, I thought this is going to be a great hotel. It seems the lobby has been renovated recently, nice and bright. However, when I get to the floor where my room was located, once stepped out of the elevator, I thought I was being transported back to a budget hotel in the 70's. When I opened the room door, what I saw was an old run down room with 70's design and furniture. Having stayed in many more modern hotels in Bangkok, it was quite a shock. The restaurant was another story. There were three to four different restaurant group together serving different cuisine. You can choose from International, Thai, to Mexican. Food was OK given it is a hotel. If your taste is for a modern hotel, then may not be your cup of tea.
The location of the hotel is about 10 minutes (walking distance) from the nearest BTS station. It is quite close to one of the newer shopping attraction in Bangkok. Overall, I would rate this hotel being average value.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Matthew C:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Our lobby is actually in its original state as we are a classic hotel aiming to appeal to nostalgia. Although we have renovated our rooms within the last few years, we are in the process of doing so again as our popularity warrants it. Thanks again for your comments and we wish you the very best.

London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Rembrandt was a good hotel for a few nights in Bangkok. The hotel location is handy for getting taxis and public transport but there's nothing you can really walk to. The facilities are good, with a fantastic pool and OK gym. Breakfast was fine with lots of choice. The hotel bar was OK but totally lacking in atmosphere as no-one seemed to drink there. Free WiFi was good.

The rooms were nice and well equipped although the decor was a bit dated. We didn't eat in any of the restaurants but they let us have a drink in the one on the too floor for a look at the great view!

To sum it up I'd say good but uninspiring, and best for people travelling on business rather than a romantic holiday.

1 Thank RLM1981
Dear RLM1981:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. We are saddened to read that we did not appeal to you as we do to so many other people. As you can see from the vast feedback that we receive, our location is considered among the best. In addition, our Lobby Bar is meant to be relaxing and classy with nightly live jazz, but not geared towards the party scene. We are sorry that we left you uninspired, but wish you the very best.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I have recently returned from a month long trip to the Middle East/South East Asia and the Far East,during that time I had the pleasure of staying at the Rembrandt in Bangkok over Sonkran and Easter.This hotel really is my "home away from home" whenever I return to Thailand and this trip reinforced that bond.Whilst other hotels paired back promotions and closed down certain facilities during the "Low Season" as a reaction to the disruption caused by recent political events in Thailand,Eric Hallin and his excellant management team went on the offensive.I found myself attending a "Beer Dinner" in the exceptional Senor Pico restaurant (already voted the best mexican restaurant by Trip Advisor) where every course was matched with an ale brewed within the U.S.A.It was a fine dining experience that only the Rembrandt could pull off due to the venue!.My three week stay was packed with memories that endear me to this hotel but a special mention must go again to the staff of the Lobby Bar led by Khun Pom and the hotel resident pianist,Billy Acordo.These are to me,the "face" of the Rembrant as it is there where you will relax with your welcome drink whilst checking in.My room and service was excellant as are all the hotel facilities.It is a large,modern hotel but provides a family friendly atmosphere that you only expect in a smaller more intimate establishment.Many thanks again Eric,I look forward to seeing you again in September.

Room Tip: Take the free upgrade to Deluxe as the rooms are on higher floors giving panoramic views of Bangkok.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank timmccloy
Dear timmccloy:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your detailed response is greatly appreciated and we thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us. You have made a lasting impression on the entire team and we anxiously await your return. Thanks again and see you later this year.

Essex
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Once again stayed at the Rembrandt Bangkok the hotel can't do enough for you,breakfast was very good and all you could ask for. The rooms-were comfortable I had a good sleep in the larger than king sized bed. When I return to Bangkok in two years time will return once again to the Rembrandt

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe123Essex
Dear Joe123Essex:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your repeat business is such a testament to the service provided by our associates and reinforces the work that we are doing. We will look forward to your return in two years time. Thanks again.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotel providing excellent service and facilities with very friendly and helpful staff. The deluxe room I stayed in provided plenty of space and was clean and comfortable. The restaurant facilities are numerous but include 2 top end restaurants in the Rang Mahal Indian and Señor Pico Mexican. The fitness facilities include a well equipped gym, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and a massage centre. Location is very close to Terminal 21 shopping centre, the Asok sky train station as well as many other pubs etc. I would happily recommend this hotel with everything considered and expect most would enjoy their experience

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank wayneE_11
Dear wayneE_11:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your detailed post is greatly appreciated and you have pointed out some of the finer things that we do here. We strive to provide our guests with amazing service and amenities, all in a very tranquil setting, which it looks as though we achieved with you. Thanks again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is the second time that my wife and I have stayed at the Rembrandt. It will not be our last. From arrival at the hotel, the staff opened the taxi door with a smile. The receptionist greeted us with a smile and had all the information from our last visit and asked if we would like a similar room to last time. Upon entering our room we were delighted to find a heart made from flower petals on our bed - really lovely touch. The room was once again excellently appointed. The staff at the Rembrandt are all the same - very friendly, extremely polite and courteous. Nothing is too much trouble. I had the pleasure of meeting Eric, the General Manager at the bar and even at the end of what was obviously a very busy day, he still found the time to talk. In fact I briefly bumped in to him the following evening and he still remembered my name. During our stay I was lucky to have a birthday and even though I didn't tell any of the staff, upon returning to our room on the said day, there was a birthday card and cake in my room - amazing. We haven't eaten in all of the restaurants but Senor Pico's is very enjoyable, the breakfast buffet is amazing and the staff in the lobby bar always greet you with a warm smile. The hotel and the staff really are a credit to themselves and I can't help feeling this comes right from the top. We cannot recommend this hotel enough.

2 Thank bashersal
Dear bashersal:

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your return to our hotel is the ultimate compliment and we very much look forward to your third visit with us. You mention our most valuable asset in your post and that is our associates. They consistently deliver amazing service that has gained us quite a reputation. Thanks again.