“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #99 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Athens, Greece
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

This was the fourth time we’ve stayed at the Rembrandt and I was once again positively impressed with its professionalism and the impeccable service provided.
Booking was made through Agoda, check in went smoothly. We were greeted with a bowl of fruit and a plate of cookies.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable; seating area with small table, desk, flat screen TV, coffee/tea making facilities, safe, aircon, large and comfortable bed, all lighting regulated from a modern panel next to the bed, complimentary slippers, two complimentary waters daily. Cardkey, latch and spyhole. We had a room with two windows in a higher floor, the view was magnificent. Windows do not open. Housekeeping does an excellent job. Room and bathroom impeccably clean. Bathroom is beautiful, bathtub with showerhead, usual toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and body lotion), plus shower cap, comb, toothbrush with toothpaste, emery board. I liked the fact that you get two small face/hand towels besides the usual large one for the body and the one for the hair. Towels are, by the way, very soft!!! Hotel also provides bathrobes.
Breakfast good and plentiful, I liked the fact that vegetarian dishes have been added since last year and labeled as such. However, the temperature was incredibly low, I heard many people complain as to how cold it was (after all, you walk around in a T-shirt in Bangkok, not in a sweater).
There are six elevators (which function only with the insertion of your card key) and you never have to wait for anything more than a few seconds.
Pool area slightly upgraded, probably because of new (and pretty) sun-beds.
The last day, we checked out at 12:00 but since our flight left at midnight, the reception offered to keep our suitcases in safe storage till the evening. It also arranged very quickly for a taxi to the airport. The staff overall is lovely and really lives up to all you expect concerning Thai friendliness.
The distance to the MTR and Skytrain station is max. 10 minutes, but the hotel provides a complimentary shuttle service till the main road (Sukhumvit). Advantage of the hotel being located in a side street is that you have almost no noise. There are a number of massage parlors in this side street that stay open till shortly after midnight, we went to one called ‘Rambrandt’ twice and paid 200 Baht for one hour of foot massage and it was heaven. The best thing you can do when returning from an exhausting day of sight seeing is getting such a foot massage.
There’s a mini-market right opposite the hotel and a ‘Seven Eleven’ at the corner of the side street/main street. There are two restaurants on the street, as well as a 24-hour Italian restaurant and a 24-hour ‘Subway’ on the other side of the Sukhumvit.
Overall – the Rembrandt hotel offers affordable luxury right in the heart of Bangkok, it really does become an oasis of respite when you get back from the heat, the humidity and the noise. So, most definitely we’ll stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Eric H, General Manager at Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 16 February 2016
Dear Alex_Jei

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we are so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thanks again and we shall look forward to your return.

booknow@rembrandtbkk.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (732)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Good rooms, helpful staff, nice location, good breakfast menu & superb Indian restaurant on the top floor with an awesome view and food along with Indian music!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

Great base for your stay in BKK. Easy access to most of the sights, shopping, nightlife and restaurants. Service and attention are excellent. Will not search for any other hotel Rembrandt is a really good option.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Dear teddyteddy222

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

Brilliant room for the price we payed. Excellent location being close enough to the shopping areas. Great breakfast layout as well. The restaurants are to die for. Rang Mahal is a class apart Indian restaurant. Although felt that the staff could have been more helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2010

When I told people that I stay at this hotel, their reaction was always "oh the Indian restaurant there is pretty famous." From a culture perspective, the decoration is not what most East Asians are used to, especially the lobby. The rooms are pretty good though. Breakfast is Good.

Now... I always leave my important stuff in the safe and lock it--passport, receipts (for company expense), home currency, external hard drive--before going out every morning. One day I forgot to lock it and then came back to room to find the safe locked----but I couldn't open the safe with the code I always use. I was confused and asked the hotel to help, they got some security guy to come unlock it. I didn't check the things inside because I didn't think I had to. The next morning when I wanted to grab the US$100 note to exchange for Thai baht, I found that it wasn't there anymore. I was frustrated. The hotel records show that there was no one besides housekeeper and supervisor that had been in my room. Then that afternoon I realized... my home currency couldn't be found either!! And I always left it in the safe because I wouldn't use it until I have gone back home!!

So the lesson is, ALWAYS remember to lock the safe, or don't use it at all. I left things and money in there because I wanted to minimize my loss in case my wallet was stolen/dropped. I definitely never expected this. Sigh.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank asiantarheel
Eric H, Director of Sales at Rembrandt Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, 18 February 2016
Dear asiantarheel

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us here at the Rembrandt Hotel during your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to post your feedback. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Thanks again and we shall look forward to your return.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2010

I stayed at the Rembrandt for 5 nights and I must say that I slept in several hotel in Bangkok and for the service is excellent. I had the chance to stay at the executive floor which is the best so far. Express check in, efficient staff. Free wifi, the room was clean and spacious. The pool area is nice for a lunch , I do recommend the italian restaurant which is one of the best in the surrounding. I had the chance to meet the F&B manager, who's a very pleasant person and available for any questions.He recommended me to dine at the Indian restaurant at the hotel, which is one of the best in south east asia and I was not disappointed at all. Excellent food, service and location (top floor of the hotel). It was busy with an excellent indian live band. I really enjoyed my night. As I don't know about indian food, a Maitre D' came to recommend us the food and I just choose the wine. it was wonderful and excellent value for money.
I didn't use the fitness and the spa, but it looks very good like the other facilities of the hotel.
During my next stay in sukhumvit I will definetely stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Dear casastyles

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Excellent location and quite comfortable. very close to sky train stations and has very good restaurants in the vicinity. BF was good but Indian restaurant in the hotel is costly. you get better options outside.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple