Although the lobby of this hotel is in need of a refurb, we loved our 3 nt stay. We paid the money (about A$200 p/nt) for an executive floor suite which was really lovely, with its own garden terrace and expansive views over the river and beyond. The river provides a constantly changing view of various types of boats plying their trade. The suite featured a comfortable lounge/office and dining/kitchen areas plus a spacious king bed room with ensuite. It also had an extra powder room off the kit/dine. Up there it was very quiet and secluded, and we enjoyed the exec. floor breakfasts and evening cocktails. As I said the Lobby is a bit tired but the rest of the hotel has character and warmth. There is a half-hourly free shuttle boat up the river, which then can connect to regular river ferries to go further afield. I strongly recommend the evening International Buffet at the Terrace Restaurant - the food is sensational for around $50 or $60 for 2 with a drink or two. Loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside is located on the eastern bank of the city's legendary Chao Phraya River. This Thai contemporary deluxe hotel sits on an expansive 3.5 acre plot with an impressive 220 metres of exclusive river frontage. The Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside offers magnificent panoramic views of the river and the Bangkok city skyline. Situated close to Bangkok's Central Business District (CBD) the hotel enjoys easy access to all business, entertainment and shopping zones by BTS SkyTrain, Chao Phraya Express Boat and the inner city Bangkok Expressway. Asiatique, the region's largest night bazaar, is just a leisurely five minute away but guests may also take advantage of the hotel's complimentary Tuk-Tuk shuttle service. The hotel provides frequent, complimentary shuttle boat services to the nearby Saphan Taksin SkyTrain station. The 525 well-appointed Thai-deco inspired guest rooms and spacious suites are furnished tastefully and equipped to meet the needs of today's business and leisure travellers. Choose from a broad selection of luxury room types - from comfortable Deluxe Rooms, Grand Deluxe Rooms and Plaza Suites to spacious Terrace Suites. The hotel's Presidential Suite, with terrace and outdoor Jacuzzi, represents the ultimate in riverside accommodation. Dedicated non-smoking floors as well as 'special needs' accessible guest rooms for the elderly and for the physically challenged are also available. For a memorable culinary experience, guests may choose from one of the hotel's four outstanding, individual restaurants. Lighter snacks and refreshments are available by the outdoor pool and in the lobby lounge. The hotel's Massira Wellness & Spa offers a wide range of massage, beauty and wellness treatments for local and international guests. The Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside is one of the city's most popular MICE venues for business and social gatherings. The 22 function rooms are fully-equipped and the two spacious ballrooms together accommodate up to 1,000 guests in banquet style. The stand-alone Menam Seminar & Convention Hall, which seats up to 600 guests theatre-style, is also a popular choice for social and business events. The hotel's ongoing commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility, energy management and environmental conservation has been recognised locally and internationally with many awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Plaza Bangkok Menam Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Menam Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Ramada Hotel Bangkok
- Plaza Menam Riverside Ramada