“Budget Stay Hotel”

Unico Express Hotel
Ranked #805 of 894 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I've stayed in this hotel 2 times and all i can say its a budget hotel with nice and clean rooms. the breakfast is good (according to a budget hotel), the location is very convenient if you have the intention to spend most of ur time in Sukhumvit. Most of the Arabian and Indian restuarants are located few blocks away. U can go to the shopping areas of Pratunum by boat as the boat yard is just beside the hotel. The staff behavior is not good though as they lack in understanding English but one guy in the recieption was very helpful.
My suggesstion to the travelers is: u can stay in this hotel with the mindset of avg expectation of services with the oppostunity to enjoy the night life of Bkk nearby.
I will come back to this hotel only when i'll be travelling with my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the main wing and big rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 November 2013

They do renovation at the moment. I can recommend the Superior rooms. They are all new and clean. It is worth it to spent 5 Euros more a night. The staff is friendly. Don't take a Taxi from the Hotel to the Airport, it is a rip off. they don't have a free shuttle service to Nana Station. If you don't mind walking, the Hotel is ok. At night it is complicated, as many Taxi driver don't know how to get there, because it is a one way street.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

The old saying is your get what you pay for and the Unico Express is a good example of that. I did wonder why their pictures on the website were all from the outside and of local attraction more than of the rooms.

I was very surprised and hopeful when I was dropped off out the front, very nice reception area and very friendly staff......all 20 of them. The check in was straight forward and the staff extremely efficient and was escorted to my room with a porter carrying my bags.

This is where it goes bad. The room is shocking, small, dirty, damaged and just bad. The TV only has 10 working channels and maybe one in English and Ill be here for week with just me and the BBC! There is actually graffiti on the wall beside the bed.....never seen that before! The light beside the bed is just hanging off the wall, the lino flooring was lifted up and missing pieces.

Anyway, the location is good and the price is ok and the bed is pretty comfortable but you can do better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Gary S
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Hotel is central, reasonable rated, good and friendly staff, clean rooms and neat bathrooms rooms. What was the highlight is the good quality bed. I stayed in delux room. If I visit Bangkok, here is where I would stay.

Room Tip: Choose delux room here.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

in a nutshell, if you are used to staying in decent hotels when you travel but because of the low price you pick unico express, a bad bad decision. I stayed in this hotel 5 nights last year only because it was close to Bumrungrath hospital. Everything about this hotel is below average. You get what you pay for. I know some other decent hotels around the hospital now (around $60 per night mark). Never going to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tomal62
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I came to BKK every year , this the most terrible hotel , I has been stay so far ,
when I open the room , bathroom was dirty , and everything in room look old and dirty , the door look like someone was break in , when I inform front desk ,first in the begin was agree me move to other room in second day , and second day in the morning when I went to front desk ask move room , they told me hotel full booking , if I want move room I have to pay extra 15 USD to better room , I told them I will not pay extra money , they either clean the room they was gave to me , or move me to other room , funny thing is they have space for me to move after I told them I will not pay extra , really bad experience , never stay here again ,

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Value for the price but price is not everything, I will not go this cheap again, since it was just one night we booked in to the hotel, it was not expected, rooms were big but need refurbishing, it was nothing what they show on Agoda, the BF was OK, staff too was not that bad, when we came back there was no power and they dint have a backup generator so no elevator we dint want to climb all the way may be some 18 floors, we slept on the couch knowing there wouldn’t be AC too in the room, I wonder what happens to the elevator while on the move, are we going to be stuck there? check this before booking, overall this what you get for what you pay, if you’re on budget go for it or pay more for the TAXI and be out of town, this is not my type of hotel

Room Tip: Try to get in low floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends