“Theft @ Hotel, Expensive Watches Stolen”

Marvel Hotel Bangkok
Ranked #441 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I checked in thru MakeMytrip at Marvel, Bangkok on 22nd April. I purchased 2 watches from Bangkok worth 40,000 INR and placed it in my luggage. The watches were there in my luggage till last day, but when I reached airport and checked my luggage, I could not find my GUESS and COACH watches which were pretty expensive. Later I realized that the theft might have happened when the hotel staff suggested to check out at 12 noon and kept my luggage in store.

I returned at 4 PM to take my luggage from hotel store and went straight to airport. When I opened my luggage just after entering the airport, the watches were missing. Pathetic Staff, dishonest management...

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Couldn't find anything good other than the polite staff that too at the reception desk. The small room felt more like a dungeon, with bad smell coming from the AC, low inventory for breakfast, literally bent my neck to take a shower (I am 5'10), even not allowed to feed hot milk (3 OZ) in the seemingly all inclusive breakfast to our baby boy, moreover, were asked to pay 80 baht for 3OZ milk at the breakfast along with water. The only motive to stay here is the location, and proximity to the BTS metro.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The management of this hotel is very dishonest and sleazy. I stayed at this hotel in February 2014 and gave my credit card to hold a deposit for the total cost of my stay. I booked it through Expedia and the terms are that I was supposed to pay the hotel directly in cash(THB). The night before my checking out I paid cash and the two girls at the reservation desk (housekeeping supervisor and the evening manager) said the credit card will be refunded promptly. It is now 2 months and no refund back to the credit card. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Joel A
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I think this place is pretty good for its price and you can easily take a taxi to different sightseeing areas. The staff is not that friendly even at check in - they're very quiet and don't seem to address the client as friendly as they should.

The kitchen staff during breakfast is very friendly and they have a multi-cuisine breakfast which was good.

Room Tip: it's in the middle of a busy street so I think it doesn't really matter which direction faci...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This hotel is adequate. The front of house staff are polite and helpful and those that have a better command of English are far more helpful than others. The rooms are basic,clean and comfortable but the bathrooms are sadly in need of refurbishment. Water to the basin was variable when on cold, but I have to say the shower was excellent.
It is fairly heavily frequented by tour parties and our experience of that is that they can be inconsiderate of others, being totally wrapped up in their own needs, this particularly applying to Indian tourists.
The breakfasts are interesting, presenting Thai and Indian cooking with a selection of fruit and a slight shot at some European breakfasts. I enjoyed the spicy Thai breakfasts for a change along with some Indian curry. Makes a change from home.
Location wise, it is near to train and busses, both of which we used and they get you about the city and provide a different experience. The downside of this location is that restaurants are restricted, there is better to be had further afield.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was our second time staying here. The staff both in reception and restaurant are very efficient and helpful. The rooms are very clean with tea and coffee making facilities,downside bathroom too small. The wifi did not work well in the room and TV very old with not a good choice of channels. The breakfast still favored the Indian or Asian clientele who I have to say out number every one else. The Swimming pool area very disappointing wish we had looked at this on our last visit but weather was not good. There are not enough sunbeds round the pool and it is so narrow. If you get a deal it is still good value but a bit far away from the Skye Train.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The hotel was booked for me at a very short notice and I arrived there late evening on 7th March. Check-in was smooth and the staff at the reception was friendly. The whole process of check-in took about 10 minutes.

Before departure, I had read some reviews, based on which I was expecting to find a very small room, but to my surprise the room size was fairly decent. The room was clean, the carpet did not seem too old, and the sheets on the bed were spotless.

The facilities in the room included a mini-bar, a complimentary tea / coffee maker, complimentary bottled water, a TV (not flat-screen), and a decent sized working table.

On the down side, the bathroom was small. However, it was clean. The only other issue I had was that I could not connect to the wi-fi throughout my stay despite having been given the password.

The breakfast buffet was fairly decent and had a good selection of cereals, juices, breads, fruits, Indian & Thai dishes, and eggs to order.

Overall, A good, value-for money hotel in the Sukhumvit area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business