“Excellent Hotel!”

Ranked #22 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Excellent Hotel!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel from February 28 to March 2. I ended up on the 25th floor and I paid extra for the Horizon Club when I booked. It was well worth it. The rooms are spacious well appointed and I had a partial river view from my room. Hotel staff was courteous and check in and check out were both a breeze. I also used the airport transfer both ways and it was superb. I also ate at the Thai restaurant and the food was up to the same high standards as everything else in the hotel.

I used the concierge to book a half day tour and it was easy, prices were fair and the tour service was likewise professional and knowledgeable. I am mainly a business traveler but this was a personal visit and first time at a Shangri-La property. I will definitely come back to the Snagri-La in Bangkok as well as look out for some of their other properties.

Room Tip: Go for the Horizion Club. The club itself serves a nice breakfast and early evening drinks. The view...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank BEK132
Shangri-La_Bangkok, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel,Bangkok, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear BEK132,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok and taking the time to review us. I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay in our Horizon Club Room. Thank you once again for your compliments and hope to welcome you again in the near future. Please contact me at ed.brea@shangri-la.com if I could be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,
J. Edward Brea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,872)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 March 2014

this is a convenient experience, great and convenient location, personal and attentive service, great to walk the city, close to metro/ferry, good food, crazy bangkok, this is a good experience! I would stay here again and I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank carli2sway
Dear carli2sway,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay in us. It is our pride and joy to read such wonderful review. We look forward to welcome you again the next time you are visiting Bangkok. If I could be of further assistance please contact me at ed.brea@shangri-la.com.

J. Edward Brea
Warrington
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Krungthep Wing for 5 nights and thought it was well worth the upgrade.Sitting on the balcony watching the world go by was amazing. After enjoying the complimentary cocktails and canapes in the Riverside Lounge we felt as if we didn't need to eat again!Can't wait to return to this fabulous hotel and lovely people.

Room Tip: Krungthep wing with balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank Jojo6676
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Ideally located this hotel is situated on the riverside within easy access to the Skytrain. We stayed in a Deluxe Riverview room on the 21st floor at the Shangri La from 29 to 31 January 2014 on a bed and breakfast basis - the views across the city and down river were amazing. The room was modern, comfortable and spacious, the bathroom had separate shower cubicle with good quality toiletries provided. The hotel was furnished to a very high standard, the gardens and infinity swimming pool was fabulous, good quality sunbeds/matresses and pool towels provided and the complimentary ice water and chilled fruit on cocktail sticks was very refreshing and much appreciated. The breakfast was amazing with a vast selection of a breakfast food to suit a variety of tastes, including fresh honey from a honeycomb freshly removed from a beehive! This was our first stay at the Shangri La hotel, the staff were super, very friendly and efficient. We would definitely return /recommend this wonderful hotel to others.

Room Tip: High floor riverside view rooms were fabulous and had a window seat where guests could enjoy the sup...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank binzy44
Esher
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This remains a great city location offering great views from the Horizon Club Floors. The hotel facility is excellent and enjoy it very time I revisit. The staff are of the highest quality and nothing is too much trouble for them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

1 Thank stevewhiting
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We returned to the Shangri-La again this year for two nights in my opinion this hotel is brillant and stylish with a great pool area. We enjoyed evening drinks by the river. The service is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble for the staff . I will certainly return there again. .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annwillson
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My wife and I have been staying at the Shangri-La off and on for about 10 years and we never tire of it. It's one of our all-time favorite hotels.

Location: Great location, right on the river and close to so many attractions. Close to one of the Skytrain (BTS) stops. Actually, the view from the riverfront rooms is one of my favorites in the world.

Rooms: Spacious, well-laid out. Comfortable beds, nice big tv. The hotel has done a good job of renovating and keeping the amenities modern over the past 10 years.

Food: Only ate at the hotel for breakfast and the variety and food quality was very good, the only problem I found was the tiered seating. Depending on what one wants from the breakfast buffet, part of the breakfast buffet is on the ground floor and the other part was one level up, a few flight of stairs. For me, it wasn't a big deal, but for someone with limited mobility it could be a concern.

Value: For a five star property, my wife and I are always amazed at the level and quality of service we receive for the price, it's great!

Overall: One of my all-time favorite hotels and I look forward to my next stay!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple