“one night in heaven”

Shangri-La Hotel,Bangkok
Ranked #22 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 March 2014

after 4 weeks touring Viet Nam and Cambodia we selected this hotel to relax before travelling home. we opted for the airport transfer and we were greater at the arrivals hall by a wonderful lady who escorted us to our car and assisted with our queries. from the airport we were whisked to the hotel. from the moment we entered the hotel we were made to feel welcome and unique. everyone was polite and said hotel. the room was fantastic. we had access to the horizon lounge, which i would recommend as the views are amazing. check out was swift. overall i would recommend as the location was good to the river and also the sky trains.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TirEoghainAbu

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel from February 28 to March 2. I ended up on the 25th floor and I paid extra for the Horizon Club when I booked. It was well worth it. The rooms are spacious well appointed and I had a partial river view from my room. Hotel staff was courteous and check in and check out were both a breeze. I also used the airport transfer both ways and it was superb. I also ate at the Thai restaurant and the food was up to the same high standards as everything else in the hotel.

I used the concierge to book a half day tour and it was easy, prices were fair and the tour service was likewise professional and knowledgeable. I am mainly a business traveler but this was a personal visit and first time at a Shangri-La property. I will definitely come back to the Snagri-La in Bangkok as well as look out for some of their other properties.

Room Tip: Go for the Horizion Club. The club itself serves a nice breakfast and early evening drinks. The view...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BEK132
Shangri-La_Bangkok, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel,Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear BEK132,

Thank you for choosing Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok and taking the time to review us. I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay in our Horizon Club Room. Thank you once again for your compliments and hope to welcome you again in the near future. Please contact me at ed.brea@shangri-la.com if I could be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,
J. Edward Brea

Reviewed 11 March 2014

this is a convenient experience, great and convenient location, personal and attentive service, great to walk the city, close to metro/ferry, good food, crazy bangkok, this is a good experience! I would stay here again and I would certainly recommend this hotel to friends and family!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank carli2sway

Dear carli2sway,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay in us. It is our pride and joy to read such wonderful review. We look forward to welcome you again the next time you are visiting Bangkok. If I could be of further assistance please contact me at ed.brea@shangri-la.com.

J. Edward Brea

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed at the Krungthep Wing for 5 nights and thought it was well worth the upgrade.Sitting on the balcony watching the world go by was amazing. After enjoying the complimentary cocktails and canapes in the Riverside Lounge we felt as if we didn't need to eat again!Can't wait to return to this fabulous hotel and lovely people.

Room Tip: Krungthep wing with balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jojo6676
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Ideally located this hotel is situated on the riverside within easy access to the Skytrain. We stayed in a Deluxe Riverview room on the 21st floor at the Shangri La from 29 to 31 January 2014 on a bed and breakfast basis - the views across the city and down river were amazing. The room was modern, comfortable and spacious, the bathroom had separate shower cubicle with good quality toiletries provided. The hotel was furnished to a very high standard, the gardens and infinity swimming pool was fabulous, good quality sunbeds/matresses and pool towels provided and the complimentary ice water and chilled fruit on cocktail sticks was very refreshing and much appreciated. The breakfast was amazing with a vast selection of a breakfast food to suit a variety of tastes, including fresh honey from a honeycomb freshly removed from a beehive! This was our first stay at the Shangri La hotel, the staff were super, very friendly and efficient. We would definitely return /recommend this wonderful hotel to others.

Room Tip: High floor riverside view rooms were fabulous and had a window seat where guests could enjoy the sup...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank binzy44
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This remains a great city location offering great views from the Horizon Club Floors. The hotel facility is excellent and enjoy it very time I revisit. The staff are of the highest quality and nothing is too much trouble for them.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank stevewhiting
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We returned to the Shangri-La again this year for two nights in my opinion this hotel is brillant and stylish with a great pool area. We enjoyed evening drinks by the river. The service is fantastic and nothing is too much trouble for the staff . I will certainly return there again. .

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple