“nice hotel, friendly staffs”

Shangri-La Hotel,Bangkok
Ranked #19 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok
“nice hotel, friendly staffs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I was stayed on 29 march 2014. It my husband birthday.I bring my two boys one and three years old so I choose two bedroom river view with connecting door.The rooms had stunning view kids excited the skytrain cross the river that can see from our room.Otherwise hotel service was excellent cause before check in we had tiny problem my hubby book two bedroom but the other room doesn't clean yet so we need to wait in room that available but not that long time just wait our 30 minutes . We got aplogilized notes , home made chocolate , two cute teddy bears from duty maneger ( Mr Tharatit Yonngfeungmon) he sent things by himself at our room.I ever waited for room in other hotel more than four hours but did't get anything or apologize word or note from staff. PS. nice chinese restaurant too anyway sorry my poor grammar☺️

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,842)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Ultimate luxury for our honeymoon. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay comfortable and make us feel special. Would go back in a heart beat to this amazing hotel. We had a lovely massage at the Chi spa and the gym facilities were amazing. The complimentary boat was handy as well. Was hard to explore Bangkok as we did not want to leave the hotel. However staff were more than helpful in guiding our day and night plans.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Banbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed in a river room with a balcony in February, the room was great and so was the bathroom, which for me I like sumptuous hotel bathrooms, ( towels could of been fluffier though). There were 2 odd things that happened during my stay, they did not dent my stay but we're odd, firstly on 2 of the 4/5 days I was staying, there a staff member came and checked my mini bar whilst I was in the room, my thought is why could this of not been done either by housekeeping when they are cleaning the room each day, or he could of checked when housekeeping were doing the room, there are plenty of electronic devices that could help in this matter, the 2nd one was on my last day housekeeping never did my room ( I was in the room for quite a bit of the day) but there were opportunities for it to be done. The staff during my stay gave excellent service and I would not hesitate in staying there again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jonathan L
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing stay at the shangrilla Bangkok , the staff was amazing , always smiling and had all the help I need from Mr. Adison from the concierge who took really good care of me and my wife , we stayed at the premier suite and we loved it and mr. Adison was always there at anytime , even when he finished his working hours at the hotel , he calls and confirm any of my booking, calling from home , shangrilla Iam defiantly coming again , because of you I booked shangrilla Malaysia , excellent services all the best

Stayed March 2014
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just returned from 2 weeks in Thailand the last 3 nights we stayed in the Krungthep Wing of the Shangri-La in Bangkok.
Lovely peaceful hotel - set in elegant surroundings.
All staff were so helpful - thank you to you all.
Location on the river was perfect - lazing around the pool watching the hustle and bustle on the river - fab!
Also very close to the sky train - perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed at the Shangri-la for only 1 night on a work holiday. The staff were so helpful, the breakfast was great and the hotel was beautiful. It's also in a great location, right next to the river and so close to the Sky train. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed here, but someone else paid for my visit so it is out of my actual price range. However, if you can pay to stay- I say do it! Great amenities. Helpful staff. Lovely health club. Easy location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com