Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok
US$104
US$89
Agoda.com
9,134 results
All reviewskrungthep winghorizon clubthe riverriverside loungechi spakrung thep wingthe main hotelbalcony roomthai restaurantdinner cruiseevening cocktailsour honeymoonbreakfast buffetfive star hotelwonderful hotelsky train stationnight market
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Perfectly situated on the river, beautiful room, personable service, delicious food, great gymnasium, the spa was sensational and is highly recommended, the evening river cruise was the perfect finale - very romantic and the buffet was first class. There is a fantastic lady singer each evening on the ground floor whilst enjoying cocktails. Does not get any better
and the Executive Chef Matthew is fantastic!!. We dined at the hotel every evening and were
very impressed.

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a Horizon Club room - complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and canapes and drinks each evening well worth the extra money Room 2409 was perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pros:
- Package (With free breakfast at Next2 Cafe, more choices, more people, OR Breakfast at Club Horizon, exclusively for club members or guest staying at krungthep wing. Lesser people , lesser food choice, more exclusively. Hi Tea Buffet included, cock tail buffet included.

- Staff were very helpful and friendly.
- Staff speak excellent English.
- We were surprised that there were cookies delivered into our room on a daily basis.
- Breakfast selection were fantastic and perhaps one of the best among all the other 5 stars hotel that I have stayed before
- Room were spacious and clean
- Television channels were great, we enjoyed it
- Standing shower with temperature gauge were good, however, the water heat up very slowly, it takes around 2 minutes or more to heat up.
- Location were good, beside BTS
- Tasty food at riverside lounge for cocktail buffet and hi tea buffet

Negative Points:
(A) Internet Connection
My internet connection wasnt strong, sometimes I have encountered difficulties in connecting my internet.

My Suggestion:
It would be good to have login system, just like most 5 stars hotels does. Therefore, only guests able to login and not anyone else.

(B) Service Standard Gap:
Incident 1:
When we went to club horizon lounge to have our breakfast, your female waitress asked us what other dish would you want ? She should have just direct us to the menu that was placed on the table, as we were not aware of what other dish choice we can choose from.
When a couple sat beside us 15 minutes later, your male waiter showed them the menu and explain to them the dishes choice. Therefore, I think there is a standard gap whereby inconsistencies of standard do happens.

Incident 2:
When we dine in at the riverside lounge for cocktail buffet, your male waiter asked us what drinks we would want. We were not aware what are the choices available again. We just thought that was the norm, after eating there for 2 consecutive days.

Until on the 24 May , when we went to have our cocktail buffet, the same male waiter asked us what drinks we would want, showed us the menu. For the first time he showed the menu to us to select drinks. When I looked around, I saw a gentlemen in suit walking around and asking guests how was the food and everything so far. My guess would be the gentlemen could have be a higher position personnel. Hence, the staff became more "awake" and more meticulous.

(C) Things not functioning in Room
When I went into my room , my left light on the desk was not working. For two consecutive days, nothing was done to fix the spoilt light bulb. Until I came down to the lobby to inform your staff on the third day that my light bulb was spoilt. I have difficulties doing my work as the room was quite dim.

(D) Dining
I have enjoyed the chocolate and fruits at the riverside lounge. However, to my amazed, I have discovered that flies were stopping at the fruits. Upon seeing that, I felt very disgusted as I have eaten some of them together with the chocolate that was not covered.

My suggestion would be to have something transparent to cover the fruits and chocolate, to prevent flies from invading it.

In conclusion, I have somehow enjoyed the stay at Shangri La Bangkok. However, for the price and the reputation of the hotel, I could have expected more, and some of the negative points which includes the bulb spoilt could have been eliminated by thoroughly checking by your staff, in ensuring that everything works, before guests are assigned to that room. I hope that you would look into my suggestions and thank you for taking your time in reading my comments.

Room Tip: Choose a room with balcony
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ben10tan
Shangri-La_Bangkok, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear dede1217_Singapore,

Thank you for visiting Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok.

We appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to read that we have disappointed you with our club service and the working order of your room. Please accept our sincere apologies on this occasion.

Once again, thank you for your review. Your comment and suggestions are very much appreciated as it forms the foundation of our service improvement process.

Please contact me directly should you have any other valuable feedback for our improvement at ed.brea@shangri-la.com.

In the meantime, wishing you safe travels.

J. Edward Brea

Reviewed 15 June 2014

You're made to feel like royalty as soon as you arrive at the hotel.
The hotel, rooms and view were beautiful and very luxurious.
The best thing about the hotel is the servie, they were accomodating and when they knew it was our honeymoon we had free cake, cocktails and flowers in our room. Would definitely reccommend to anyone staying in Bangkok.
Comfy bed, good location, great breakfast reception.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2014

An intergenerational holiday for parents, children and grandchildren at the Shangrila was a memorable experience for all. We had been guests at the hotel many times and were curious to see if the experience would be as wonderful for our four grandchildren, aged 5 to 8 years. We were delighted with the attention they received. A teddy bear was placed on each single bed added to our rooms. An interconnecting room was provided at our request. Check-in was superb, as usual. Each child received a flower lei on arrival, along with their welcome drink. Children were more than welcome at all of the venues and their requests were given respectful attention at afternoon tea, evening canapés and breakfasts. By the third day of our visit the children's names and individual beverage preferences were know by staff. The pool was popular with the whole family and the attentiveness of lifeguards was appreciated. A special event was organised on the Sunday and children were personally invited to attend a magic show.
It is important to note that the four children were very well behaved and this may well have contributed to the amazing friendliness and attentiveness of staff. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for.a family holiday. There were genuine tears of sorrow on the faces of our grandchildren as we left the hotel, with six hotel staff there to wave us goodbye. This is a holiday that we are all still talking about.

Room Tip: Choose a river view room with balcony to maximise your experience. Interconnecting rooms for a family are a plus.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 598ruths
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I do not speak English very well,
try to write, in the subway on the way to work. because I'm so boring now:)
At a reasonable price you can appreciate the beautiful scenery of the river in Bangkok, and a great breakfast, a luxury hotel with friendly service was so good.
Hotel and near the BTS does not have the inconvenience of traffic, Sathorn Pier is close to the tourist attractions are easy to move.

I didn't go to dinner buffet and shalathip. So sad ...

When staying in shangri la hotel, everything is possible.

To be close Robinson Dpartment store,
Hotel holds many massage shops on the way... and
Is very close to ASIATIQUE(It's night market)
I want go again "Shanfgri-La"

Concludes longer:)
Bye~

Room Tip: High floor , Riverview
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com