Shangri-La Hotel Bangkok
US$182
US$176
Orbitz.com
9,242 results
All reviewskrungthep winghorizon clubthe riverriverside loungechi spakrung thep wingthe main hotelbalcony roomthai restaurantdinner cruiseevening cocktailsour honeymoonbreakfast buffetfive star hotelwonderful hotelsky train stationnight market
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Large and very nice hotel. We had a river view room which was not massive but satisfactory. We were offered a free upgrade to a balcony river view but as it was on the smoking floor we declined. Staff were helpful, breakfast included was excellent with plenty of choice. the gym was great with staff who were very happy to provide advice and help.

The hotel is right on the river and it is possible to rent a long tail boat which will pick you up at the hotel dock or to get the public boat which is a short walk outside of the hotel.

This was a really enjoyable hotel.

Room Tip: get a river view or a balcony river view but check it is no smoking if you don't smoke
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I love staying at this hotel.The staff are friendly and good fun.The horizon club lounge is superb.Breakfasts on the river are out of this world with one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever experienced and its consistent.I was fantasizing about the ham glazed in Maple syrup that is usually at the buffet but it wasnt to be, there was plain old garden variety baked ham with a honey sauce and that filled the gap.The thai Restaurant which I had taken some friends to a few weeks before (and it was superb) was good again very very high quality food and service.We caught a taxi to a newish thai restaurant 30 km away on the river and the doorman briefed the driver thoroughly on where to go and the drive was faultless, which is saying something in Bangkok.
The concierge booked us some theatre tickets in at the Paragon shopping centre and that went smoothly also.I mentioned on a Shangri la review that I filled out previous to this review that the only thing I missed was the toilet washers/sprayers that are common through out thailand and I received a note from Mr Ed Brea the GM that I can have one installed if I ask for my next stay. Now that is service.
Thank you to all the staff you make the Shangri La shine and I look forward to my next stay

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lindsay56
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

An old yet fabulously comfortable hotel with brilliant views over the river ( atleast from my room). A tall hotel yet dwarfed by new properties like the lebua at state tower which is just round the corner. Did not get to try the multiple dining options. The breakfast selection was tasty & large. Overall I would stay there again. V

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We had a river facing room at the Shangri La. It was fabulous! At any time of the day or night there was always something to watch on the river. The room itself was great with a huge bath and separate shower. The staff fell over themselves trying to be helpful. It was most impressive!

Room Tip: Get a river view on one of the corners. Some rooms look down on the railway. You don't want that.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

We were at Shangri-La Bangkok on Nov 2012. It was just amazing , such a beautiful hotel with smiley face at every turn.

We were upgraded to room 1418 since it was our honeymoon, lovely room with a fantastic view of the river from balcony and bathroom as well.

Great breakfast by the river.

Loved the pool which just had the right temperature always , which was very welcoming.

Last year Nov , we realized that we missed Shangri-La Bangkok so much that we decided to go back to celebrate our first year wedding anniversary and as expected it was a great stay !

This year we are all set for another visit in coming September and looking forward to it eagerly..

We missed you so much Shangri-La Bangkok..!
Looking forward to landing our foot in your paradise real soon.

Regards,