“Service & Security insufficient”

Baiyoke Suite Hotel
Ranked #708 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
pattaya
“Service & Security insufficient”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I've got an unexpected call forwarded at 4 am without any announcement from the Receptionist who is calling and what was the subject. After I woke up and could recognize what happened I found that the call was even not for me and I didn't know the caller. He just called the wrong baiyoke Hotel what can happen with a generic Surname like mine. Every complaint about that behaviour wasn't recognized or even noticed fro the SV/Manager. I just heard that this is the Standard to forward calls when they are sure the caller is the right one.

Also the rooms weren't very clean and had an old carpet, some mold in the bathroom was visible in teh corners too and the windows could be cleaned one day again. At the end it isn't a Suite Hotel because my living room haven't had a kitchen to cook something myself. The furniture was still available but no cooker, wash-bowl or dishes were inside.

The good things of the Hotel is the location close to a BTS station and the view (had a room in 35 floor). The Skybar might be good had the night time, unfortunately I arrived late and left next day. The breakfast/lunch buffet in the Skybar was nothing special but acceptable.

The price of approx. 1500THB/night is OK for these location but next time I prefer a cheaper Hotel more in the suburb which is much cleaner and the Service is a little better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank volksen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Really feeling sorry to book this hotel by mistake.I have spoiled the family vacations and money by booking this hotel by mistake.Will never dare to book this hotel again as the front desk manager behaved in a v v rude manner,ac's were non functional/noisy.broken sanitary fittings,staff travels with food and other things with you in guests lifts.

Room Tip: Would never suggest any one to stay in this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank PCHADHA123456

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Despite reading all the negative reviews here i went on to stay at Baiyoke Suite as my agent in Bkk convinced me to stay there and i must say that i was surprised when i checked in! It was midnight and the guy at the reception was sober and cooperative,the room was big and clean! The only problem i faced was there were no hand shower in the toilet, the bed was tidy and all the amenities were well placed. The next morning when i went to the front desk i found out one particular lady to be bit rude with another customer,apart from that incident my stay in Baiyoke suite was ok!

• Stayed July 2013
Lipa City, Philippines
Reviewed 1 August 2013

It took time before we reached this hotel from our flight coming from Malaysia - it is not due to the distance of the airport to the hotel but the very busy streets surrounding it. The hotel sits amidst narrow streets lined up with shops even during the night for its night market, just got stuck in traffic. We were told by the driver that our stop has come to an end without knowing that we are already in front of the hotel. We had trouble bringing our haul of baggage because you have to climb down the steep steps carrying your baggage instead of using a ramp to let your baggage be pulled through. Good thing that concierge is available to take your baggage up to your room once you have your room assignment. The lobby set up is pretty good with a striking appeal. The place has four operational and well -maintained elevators to accommodate their guests bringing us up to the 33rd floor where we had our room.

Upon entering our room, I noticed that the room has low ceiling. Further inwards, I smelled some nasty odor, reeked like of some childs' pee. When we settled our things, i decided to spray the place with our cologne but later on, the scent was replaced again with the nasty smell. True enough, when searching the living room, i saw a used diaper in the open trash bin. I felt vindicated and a bit annoyed because it seems that the place was not thoroughly checked and cleaned before some one else is allowed to occupy the room. What I did next was to check the sheets, good thing they are clean, but I'm not sure of the cleanliness of some other stuff. I got a bit confused of the presence of the single bed in the living room, well, of course, for additional accommodation. The bathroom is cramped. We had a good view on the 33rd floor. The actual bedroom has its separate air conditioning system but was not doing its job well. It took at least 30 mins for the air con to cool the bedroom. there was the presence of another door in the living room which we are unsure of its purpose which is kept locked just like the balcony probably for safety reasons. The twin bed we used was aged and sagged in the area most often for bearing weight.

What is unforgettable here was that the next day of my stay, i realized that I had numerous rashes on my trunk. It was a bit scary for me because it was the first time that I had that number of rashes on my skin. I just hope they get rid of those whatever bit me.

The place has a very good potential to be elevated to an even higher rating for hotels as long as they rip out or change the carpets and do building maintenance tasks for the overall aesthetics. So much from all of this, the hotel deserves a compliment from the gym instructor who is cautious of the activities of guests not only in the gym but also near the pool area, I'm giving it a five for its variety and well-prepared sumptuous food that caters well for the vegetarians and the non vegetarians alike and for the courageous chef who cooks the food on the balcony of the 43rd floor.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Maria M
Kolkata, India
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We selected this Hotel only due to its location & proximity to the market places. Expectation levels were not high about the particular Hotel. We stayed from 19th July - 21st July 2013. My feedback on this Hotel as under

1. Excellent location specially for Indian travellers as major marketing places like Indra Square, Platinum Mall, Prantip Plaza, BIG C are all within the proximity.
2. Check In is a problem. Counter Staffs are not that well versed in English resulting in delay in check in. Security deposit of THB 1000 is kept at the time of check in
3. Room is with one ed room & one living room. Very old & worn out state of the rooms. Toilet facilities needs to be looked at & renovated. Only advantage is if it is in the higher floors, you get to see good views of the city. Evening time with all lights on gives a nice view of Bangkok.
4. Breakfast spread is good & most importantly it is in the top most floor, i.e, 43rd Floor & the view is excellent from here.
5. The area is very crowded with all small shops in & around the Hotel.
6. Check out is pathetic & it takes quiet a long time to clear formalities & refund the deposit amount. People rushing for flights might face problems due to this delay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Anit1980
Robertsganj
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stayed here, 2 couples. Hotel is best for shopping around and with plenty of Indian restaurants. Hotel rooms are big and nice and clean. Didn't find anything wrong. Lift is good and fast with no waiting, as written in some other reviews. Best part is the location of hotel.

The only thing negative in this hotel is that the staff is very rude, even the reception desk staff is rude enough to upset anybody's mood on a vacation. They should really improve in this.

Swimming pool is good size and the attendant was the only soft speaking good person in the entire hotel.

Room Tip: Seems like all rooms are the same. Just avoid rooms near elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jalanji_1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 July 2013

In Praturam, the famous clothes wholesale district of Bangkok, there are three Baiyoke Hotel belong to Baiyoke Group, which name Baiyoke Sky, the highest hotel in Bangkok, Baiyoke Suite Hotel and Baiyoke Boutique. I been stayed Sky and Boutique, Mid July to Bangkok was first time check-in to Baiyoke Suite, a three star hotel. The 43 floor Baiyoke Suite Hotel mostly are the executive suite, which provide utmost comfort and convenience. What I like is the room fully equipped with modern facilities, like 2 sets of tv, one in bedroom and one in living room,all with cable system. Other facilities included safe deposit box, slippers, hair dryer, weight scale. free tea/coffee and bottle water and a mini bar. And the international buffer lunch and BBQ seafood buffer dinner have 50% discount which worth to try. Unfortunately the front desk lack efficiency.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo