Baiyoke Suite Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Peninsula Bangkok(Bangkok)
US$185
US$163
US$143
US$111
All reviewsdining tablebig roommini barstreet foodindira
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This has been my 5th long stay over a period of 8 years.
This hotel is now showing its age.
patched up bathrooms, iron burns in carpet, torn wall paper, holes in the sheets......

This poor hotel is certainly past its prime and is slowly deteriorating.
There is no free wifi and the wifi time (1.5hrsper night) that was part of our booking never eventuated.
There is a choice of 5 English Tv channels out of 64 with no mainstream news channels and very poor choice for the English speaker.

Breakfast on the 43rd floor was varied and if you want to start your day overlooking Bangkok it is a great spot

Dinner is a Buffet of many varied foods and seafood and for guests it is quite a deal for 450 baht

I cannot fault our housekeeping service. A great job was done everyday with what was available.

Shopping outside your door, BTS skyway just around the corner 10 mins from shopping central

I don't think I will be staying again as the quality of the hotel has fallen over the years

Room Tip: Try for floors at 38 - 40 they still seem to have some life left in them. The lower floors 11 and above have a huge amount of building noises audible through the walls
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My mom and I stayed here again without question because we were impressed with the location and fantastic breakfast years ago. It has gone downhill since then.

Granted, the hotel is very old, but the buffet breakfast needs a revamp. The same food every single day, and some of the dishes were either too sweet or too salty. The variety of dishes are great, although it would be better if stricter quality control was implemented.

There are only a few TV channels that are in English, and the same episodes are repeated at least twice a day.

Location is good, walking distance to the shopping spots although traffic there gets crazy.

I cannot believe that until today, the hotel doesn't provide free wi-fi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Spent 2 night at this terrible hotel. Lobby & lift were warm & uncomfortable. Bath room is old & without air con, had to quickly take shower & get out. Only gave one access card so air con will be off while we were out shopping went en get back suite was warm & stuffy. The gym is a joke, with no air con or even fan to cool down. Gym instructor cold & unfriendly. Area surrounding the hotel are filling w stalls selling all kind of clothing, totally chaotic & hard to walk. Advice never ever stay here over price like crazy

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Been there 8 times. The reception people know me. My favorite hotel in Bangkok City as its close to the Garments Shopping and also heart of Bangkok. The lady at the reception Mrs Pravina always allots me a good room. The hotel is old but all rooms are Suites. The room size is giant say about 550 Sq Ft. Never ever had a complaint. I visit twice a year.

Room Tip: Any Executive Suite above 25 Floors
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Where do I start. When my Wife and I got to this hotel we thought we had booked a nice Executive Suite, that's a laugh! The room was one of the worse I have ever stayed in, I've stayed in better rooms in run down Blackpool, and that's saying something!
It was the most dark and dismal room you could imagine, the bed was rock hard & I mean rock hard! The bathroom was terrible, there was a big crack in the sink which had, had a bad repair job on it. The aircon unit, how can I explain about it, while wanting to keep cool at night, it was like having someone living next door to you who like to start his Santa pod dragster up every hour through the night! And then there were the cockroaches, which I didn't tell my wife about until we had left the hotel, otherwise she would of been out of there without packing!
The only good thing about the hotel was the food, it was good.

Room Tip: Don't stay there!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple