“Not worth it”

Ranked #657 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Lawrenceville, Georgia
“Not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Bathrooms are dirty with old plumbing. Restaurant is slow and the servers do not speak English. Did not even have basic ingredient , that is Tofu. Internet code can only be used on one device per room even if you are booked two people.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Semolina12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel twice as part of a group tour. The pool and breakfast are great but the rooms and wifi availability could be improved. The location is great for train and metro connections. China town is only a short walk away. The bathrooms in particular could do with a good scrub. We were only given one wifi code between two, so only one of us could be online at a time. Overall I was satisfied with my stay but you can find cheaper equivalent accommodation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Canmore, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I spent five wonderful weeks in SE Asia, and this was my only truly bad experience! There was nothing really wrong with the room, other than the fact it was filthy, or the breakfast, but the staff are awful. The only smile I experienced there was from the bellman when I tipped him. (Unusual for Thailand). WIFI didn't work. When we arrived we were told there were no rooms for us, so we had to walk to another of their properties across the street. Once there, we were sent back to the Bangkok Centre, who had miraculously "found" our reservation. Nobody offered to help with baggage. The front desk staff were hostile and rude. When I returned to my room the next morning, I found that the housekeeping staff had left my door wide open for anyone to come in and pillage my belongings. I had a beer from the minibar which was advertised at 80 Baht, but when I paid for it the next day, it was now 100 baht. I could go on with more tales of misery, but I think you have my opinion by now! This place needs a shake up, starting with the management, who obviously don't care!

Room Tip: I doubt if they have a good room!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank CanmoreFunkyDude

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Victoria, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here a couple nights cause it was a meeting place for a tour we were taking. The hotel itself is not bad. It's old, but who cares your in Bangkok! To me it just didn't compare to the place we stayed literally across the street that was pretty much brand new and the same price called The Centra Hotel. Which had the absolute best breakfast buffet I've ever had!! Great selection of Thai and Western that was great and FRESH!!! The Bangkok Centre Hotel seems to be the main hotel for all these tour groups so I assumed it would be the same. WRONG!! Worst food, you could tell it wasn't fresh, wasn't much to select from, internet never worked, I know it's Thailand but you'd think they would have someone that serves in the restaurant of a main hotel for tour groups who are generally Westerners, or from English speaking countries that could understand at least a couple words. Got nothing but blank looks and wrong orders. And it's not like I caught them on a bad day cause we spent one night there, then toured for a couple weeks then stayed there again (Not by choice! Part of Tour) for a connection on our tour before we headed south. Same thing happened. Like I said before the hotel itself isn't that bad, we weren't expecting much travelling to Thailand. We stayed in home stays, villages, all sorts of places, so it's not like I was looking for luxury. There's just better places than this. This place just seems to be a cash grab for tour groups. Over priced, bad service, but because the tour groups meet there they know that you will spend money. I travelled all over Thailand, North and South. This was one of the worst hotels I stayed in. Go across the street to the Centra, spend the extra $10, you'll thank me.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here :)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lee M
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed here twice two different time on my trip in Thailand. This was a hotel offered by our tour nothing that we booked on our own.

There is nothing special about this hotel the only decent thing is that is right infront of the Metro system. Its a short ride to the main train station and maybe 15mins to downtown and the shopping centers. Also roughly a 15 min walk into China town.

My biggest complaint is two different stays and two different quality of rooms. Our first room the shower curtain was covered in mold. The room was very dated. Our beds were super hard and had plastic covers on them which were so loud every time you moved around.
Our second stay our room was like a 180. It was brighter and cleaner. The layout of the room was way nicer and the bed was comfy.
Both rooms did offer a blow dyer, safe and fridge. Also they both have a tv with cable.

The breakfast that is offered is not bad but nothing special at the same time. The hotel does have WIFI. It was free for us but I'm pretty sure otherwise you may have to pay for WIFI otherwise. The front desk staff were very helpful and spoke very good english. Also the hotel does have a pool aswell.

I wouldn't stay here again. There are alot nicer places around Bangkok to stay.

Room Tip: We careful what you book. Seems like different floors offer different quality rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank raspberryd
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

A very good three star hotel very near the metro station, easy and cheap access to all over the city. I'm staying here as part of a group (G Adventures) and arrived a day early and booked in. Staff very nice and helpful, room very clean and spacious. The swimming pool is more like a paddling pool but I highly recommend this hotel for location, price, cleanliness and staff
April 2014

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Helenbirrell
norfolk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

i stayed in this hotel for 1 night as a start point for a tour.
on arrival after a very long 16 hour flight, i was pleased to be informed my room was ready despite arriving at only 9am. the room and bathroom were basic, not great amount of space but was fine for one night. the room is quite dull but the bed comfortable.
lobby area clean and spacious, staff happy to help.
excellent location with easy access to public transport to see other areas of the city.
a nice stay. thank you