Bangkok Centre Hotel
US$157
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
All reviewsthe main train stationhua lampongkoh san roadexploring bangkoknoodleslong flightsiam
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed here in April as part of a G Adventures tour and found the Hotel to offer almost everything I needed.

A reasonably easy journey by taxi or by train/metro from the airport (metro station is right outside). Also a short 5 minute walk to the train station.

Most of the city is easily accessible by tuk tuk from here, but would suggest walking a little further from the hotel to negotiate a better price!

Rooms were basic, but clean, with TV, Air conditioning etc. Breakfast was included and had a great variety of cereals, fresh fruit and some cooked options. We also had lunch here and had a really tasty and reasonably priced meal (obviously not as cheap as outside the hotel!)

My only gripe was that on arriving too early to check in, there was no wifi in public areas, so had to wait 4 hour to get into my room and use wifi to contact other people in my group!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here on the 7th august as part of an organised trip by G Adventures. Staff are pleasant and rooms are standard. Free wifi which was great.

Buffet breakfast was a mix of continental and Asian variety. Fruit, cereal, toast, rice, noodle dishes, eggs etc.

There was a pool but i didn't use it / see it!

I was there for a night and it was nice enough.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here the last day of our trip, when we arrived in BK by nighttrain. I am not a fussy traveller, but this hotel irritated the daylights out of me. When we arrived at the hotel it was overcrowded with people and luggage . We arrived quite early in the morning, so we asked for our luggage to be attended to/locked away. Instead they dumped all the luggage in a corner of the lobby, where it stayed without anyone monitoring it. So I decided to take out all my valuables and walk around through Bangkok with quite a heavy daypack. Hoping no one would take my bag while I was away. Every corner of the gigantic lobby was filled with luggage, so it would have been easy for any thief to walk in, take a few bags and leave.
I returned to the hotel in a tuk tuk, and a staffmember in front of the hotel started shouting at me and pointing at their "taxi desk". After repeating his "message" three times I got the idea that he wanted me to make use of their "system" of transportation. Which one of my travelmates did, again, at a ridiculous price.
After I returned and checked in (incredible attitude form the woman at reception, turning away from me to make it clear that I had been dealt with), I returned to reception for a Wifi code. I was told that this came at a price of 300 bath, about 8 dollars?! Any other hotel where I stayed, in Laos and Thailand (even Bangkok) the Wifi was complimentary. So why they should charge such a ridiculous amount is beyond me. The amount paid came to a total of 321 Bath. By this time I didn't even bother to ask anymore, since I wanted to get to my room and rest.
I then asked if they could borrow me an AC adapter for my Macbook, since I had forgotten mine in another hotel. This happened to me before, and most hotels have a drawer full of these things because of people as stupid as me;) The manager's smirk and arrogance was so obvious it could not be avoided. He made the phonecall, but I already knew that he was just doing this because there was no avoiding it.

I hardly slept a wink, like the other members of my group. The mattresses of the beds were wrapped in three thick layers of plastic, making the mattress about as comfortable as a stretch of concrete.

The next morning when I came out of the elevator (it took ten minutes before it arrived, then it had to stop at every floor) the same staff member that started shouting at me when I arrived at the hotel now started shouting at me again. It seemed he wanted me to check out. Again, he kept on doing this and I chose to ignore him.

I must say, it was kind of a bizarre experience. Especially if I compare it to all the other hotels I stayed at in Laos en Thailand. People were extremely friendly and service was great. It seems that the management of this hotel think that it is perfectly normal to rip off and be rude to tourists because it happens in so many major cities in the world. I am just glad I know Thailand is not like this. This hotel just gives Bangkok a bad name.

The hotel is very close to the railway station. However, there are no decent restaurants in the area. So if you want to have lunch or dinner, you should walk off the premises, and find a tuktuk!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Such a worst hotel I've ever been. Commodity is poor & old. Smell in room is too terrible. Staffs are not friendly & helpful. I highly do not recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Bangkok the first time cuz It could create the bad impression & experience about Thailand for you though it's not.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Location is good, close to train station and not far from China town, can also get a short taxi ride to khaosan road. Hotel has nice bathroom but I found the beds quite firm, compared to really cheap hostels it really isn't worth paying the extra unless you want the security of a hotel.

Stayed: July 2014