Century Park Hotel
US$260
US$195
Travelocity
1,819 results
All reviewsvictory monumentstayed here for nightsnice hotelminute walkfloating marketgrand palacetuk tuktour deskmini barshort staybreakfast buffetsky train stationnice poollong flightstreet foodpool area isthe river
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 May 2011

We were dissapointed with the Century Park Hotel after reading good reviews here.

The rooms - look very dated with horrble green carpet and curtains that look like they were from the 1970s. Our bedsheets had holes in them and we found cockroaches in the bathroom. Cockroaches aside the bathroom was in fairness, quite nice.

Location - A bit out of the way of the main attractions. Should we return to BK I would recommend staying down sukhumvit road as that seemed more lively. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the skytrain. Personally I would recommend taxis as we were only paying about 70-100 baht per trip around the city.

Staff - My main grievance was that I booked a boat ride via the concierge and ended up paying twice what I would have paid if I booked at the pier (despite being told I wouldn't get it any cheaper). I complained but got nowhere with this. I'd strongly recommend not booking any excursions through the concierge. The other staff I spoke to were friendly and helpful.

Other facilities - the bar is very nice and the restaurant also looks nice but we did not eat there. They have a small gym and a pool.

In summary I wish we paid a bit more for a more upscale hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank huwy77
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Spent 4 nights at Century Park Hotel and found it to be quite clean with nice rooms, outdoor rooftop pool and a really nice buffet breakfast. The hotel is near the Victory Monument and so is a bit far away from things like the Grand Palace etc. However there is a Skytrain stop at Victory Monument that is a great help, very efficient and makes it easy to get to MBK, Siam Square etc.

Staff were not overly helpful or particularly. We caught the hotel 'courtesy bus' to the shopping centres one day and got taken to one of the ever-present 'gem' stores before we were allowed to get dropped at our destination. I had expected better from a hotel service and from then on we used the skytrain and subway system to get around.

We also found it was cheaper to walk out onto the street to get a taxi, rather than one organised by the hotel. Ones from the hotel always seemed to cost nearly double, but of course I can't be sure that this is the fault of the hotel. It's a shame that the hotel doesn't supply free or even reasonably priced wifi in rooms, there's an internet cafe on the corner that's much cheaper than hotel rates.

On the plus side, we really enjoyed staying in an area of Bangkok that was not full of tourists and walking through the nearby park to dinner, watching Thai people doing the exercise routines. Great views too. All in all, not a bad choice, probably better value and definitely better service to be found elsewhere.

Reviewed 16 April 2011

This was our first visit to thailand on a 3 centre holiday. We found the hotel to be an excellent base from which to explore Bangkok! We were on the 21st floor with great views from our room. The room was kept imacculately clean and the bed was very comfortable. The main areas of the hotel were also very clean and while the hotel was quite busy it never felt anything other than calm and relaxing. Good spread for breakfast and we stopped for a sandwich and Ice cream in the lobby which was lovely. The pool area was very pretty but you can't escape traffic fumes or noise anywhere in Bangkok and here was no exception. Close proximity to the sky train was a big plus and I highly recommend it's use. Clean, efficient and fantastically easy to navigate even for tourists!!! The only issue with the hotel was service. Everyone was polite and efficient - but with that many guests it was impersonal. Would definately stay again if we come back to Bangkok. Would just like to recommend condoms and cabbages and vertigo as excellent ( if very different) dining options. The view from vertigo (59th floor banyan tree hotel) is awesome and my favourite memory of Bangkok!

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Dont want a budget hotel but want a good deal. Then you may want to consider this. 5-10 minute walk from Victory monument BTS skytrain. Hotel rooms looking a little dated but for the price were good. Breakfast adequate although not sure about a salad bar at 8am. Reception, lobby and restaurant areas very well maintained and attractive.
Outside the hotel is a bargain of a massage parlour. (real one) called the Bangkok health massage. Foot massage 100 baht for 1 hr & thai for 200 baht. Had both and would thoroughly recommend these. Although not on the river, a real doddle to get to places on the BTS hence not an issue being in this area. In the area there are the usual 7/11's and stalls selling clothes etc. Siam square with it's multitude of restaurants is about 5 min & 3 BTS stops away and has every shop and restaurant you could want.

Reviewed 1 April 2011

We booked this hotel as part of a 3 centred holiday package. The hotel was not in an area that had other hotels around it. Most of the time we were out sightseeing so this did not bother me at all. The hotel had an outdoor pool and a spa. Both my husband and I had a thai massage. The spa rooms were pretty dated and we laid on the same sheets as other people which I was not too happy about. The massage was very good and good value for money. The hotel rooms were spacious and clean. Beds were very large and comfortable and pillows were supportive and comfortable too. There was no noise despite them doing some renovation works to an adjacent apartment block. The hotel was in easy walking distance of the sky train. You passed streets of shops and stalls on the way. There are alsoconvenience stors close by that are open till late. If I went back to Bangkok I would stay in this hotel again. There was enough to chose from regarding the breakfast buffet. Fruits, cereals, juices, meats and cooked breakfast available.

Room Tip: Within walking distance to sky train.