“A very good hotel.”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #149 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I spent 3 nights at the Century Park in April. The hotel is only half an hour from the airport and we had no problems with its location. The Victory Monument monorail station is only around a 20 minute walk away and you can get just about anywhere for 200 Baht in a Tuk Tuk from the hotel. We (rather foolishly) even walked from the MBK centre all the way back to the hotel one day so it is possible. It took over an hour though. The Siam Paragon is worth a look with its top of the range sports cars, clothes and watches and is walking distance from the MBK. MBK is excellent for bargains of all sorts.

The hotel is spotlessly clean. We were on the 17th floor facing the opposite direction to the Temple as I had read horror stories about the noise. We heard virtually no traffic noise from up there. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are spacious. You can get a double bed on the side not facing the temple by the way.

Breakfast was the best we had in the three hotels in Thailand. A very large selection to suit everyone. From sushi to waffles with maple syrup to the traditional cooked breakfast.

We used the swimming pool once and it was the coldest one I went in in Thailand but that can be quite refreshing after an hours walk from the MBK!

If you go out of the hotel and turn right you will find a Tourist Information shop called Theo Express Travel Service run by a lady called Tong Tong. We booked all our tours with her and saved heaps of money. She charged us the child rate of 1,800 Baht for each of our snorkelling/kayaking trips in Samui and Phuket instead of 3,200 Baht. So we paid 36 pounds each trip. The brochure prices ranged between 65 and 85 pounds! She is very helpful and well worth a visit. We did the city and 3 temples tour and Wat Po was amazing.

All in all a very good hotel which I would definitely stay at again. The location is really not a problem as there is a vibrant night market right outside the hotel on a sunday and part of the fun of Bangkok is going in tuk tuks anyway. For 200 Baht (4 pounds) to get as far as Pat Pong you can't grumble.

Room Tip: Anywhere on a high floor and not on the temple side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Hobbit_On_Tour537

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I researched and read most of the reviews because it was our first time in Thailand. I wanted a good location for me and my sister.
And I found it relatively good! They took care of our "requests." And I would recommend the travel agency on the ground floor. They are authorized. Outside travel agencies are cheaper maybe but I wouldn't risk it.

The hotel itself is just walking distance to 7-eleven and massage spas. And also, there's a mall called Indra. I got all of my souvenirs from there. They gave good prices! Specially if you buy by bulk. 5 magnets cost 100 baht while in sophisticated malls it's 60 per magnet! Imagine the difference.

Anyway, I'd like to stay in Century park hotel again. Safe for first time travelers like me.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Klowee N
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for the first time in March 2014 for 3 nights. The hotel is modern with smart, good sized, well equiped rooms. It was clean and the staff were attentive and friendly. Breakfast was an open buffet with plenty of choice for everyone.

It is located in the business district and hence suffers from traffic noise constantly, it is also not too convenient for tourist attractions. It takes about 10 mins to walk to the BST at Victoria Monument. In my experience i found taxis didnt want to cross the city during peak hours upto about 9pm.

I was happy with my stay, but would advise guests to find a hotel closer to areas of interest to you, or you could spend a lot of money on travel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank simograll
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is great we are on the 10 th floor with a good view looking towards the victory monument which is where the sky train station is it can range between 10 and 15 min to walk along the pavement to it depending on time of day there had been a lot of negative comments about the breakfast I myself found the breakfast very good and my other half says I'm a fussy git( and I will b going down in the morning again as I am still here) there was a great choice ranging from pastries to cereals to cooked breakfasts to fresh fruit and sushi

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jimmyblair
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Staff , rooms, gym and pool are fantastic, buffet breakfast awesome variety.
If you are looking for Thai seafood hit the small restaurant around corner. Kuang seafood beautiful fresh food and cheap.
Getting around town was easy with a tuk tuk costing 150B to go anywhere just about.
Would come back again.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank MyTwinsAbroad
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights. When we arrived we were sat down and given a drink whilst they sorted our room. They were friendly and our luggage was taken to our room, which was very nice on the 18th floor.Pool was great for a break from site seeing. Breakfast was great with a wide selection of both Western and Thai style foods.
The location is central with it only being a short walk to Victory Monument sky train which was excellent for getting around given Bangkok's traffic is terrible!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChenoJoe
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This was one of the best hotels we found on our visit to six Thai cities. The room was clean and spacious, the room service was very good, and the hotel staff exceptionally friendly and helpful, from the reception desk to the doormen. It is close to the Sky Train, which means easy access to public transportation, and in a neighborhood with several restaurants and convenience stores. The food at this hotel is excellent, and the breakfast buffet was the best we found at any Thai hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple