“Awesome experience”
Review of Century Park Hotel

Century Park Hotel
Ranked #144 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We loved our stay at the Century Park Hotel. The staff were friendly, and helpful on every request. Breakfasts were the best we had of any of the hotels we stayed at in Thailand. The only minor issue is the location of the hotel, should you wish to be in the midst of the buzz and happening spots around Bangkok. Ofcourse there is an option of a cab, which the hotel staff will gladly assist you with, or a 15 to 20 minute walk to the SkyTrain station. The room we stayed in was amazing. Clean, spectacular view(17th floor), and peaceful. This was our home away from home, and we would gladly stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick a room higher than the 7th floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MokoniP
There are newer reviews for Century Park Hotel

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights before heading to Kata. The staff are excellent very friendly and professional. breakfast was included and was good value - the coffee was excellent. Food and drink expensive but there are lots of place es within a 5 min walk where you can enjoy the gorgeous Thai food. Room was clean tho basic with a hand held shower which was a pain to use!! Good hotel for a stop off but not a place I would want to stay for ,oknger

Room Tip: Front of hotel has great views of the bustling Bangkok
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jackie B
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I spent 3 nights at the Century Park in April. The hotel is only half an hour from the airport and we had no problems with its location. The Victory Monument monorail station is only around a 20 minute walk away and you can get just about anywhere for 200 Baht in a Tuk Tuk from the hotel. We (rather foolishly) even walked from the MBK centre all the way back to the hotel one day so it is possible. It took over an hour though. The Siam Paragon is worth a look with its top of the range sports cars, clothes and watches and is walking distance from the MBK. MBK is excellent for bargains of all sorts.

The hotel is spotlessly clean. We were on the 17th floor facing the opposite direction to the Temple as I had read horror stories about the noise. We heard virtually no traffic noise from up there. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are spacious. You can get a double bed on the side not facing the temple by the way.

Breakfast was the best we had in the three hotels in Thailand. A very large selection to suit everyone. From sushi to waffles with maple syrup to the traditional cooked breakfast.

We used the swimming pool once and it was the coldest one I went in in Thailand but that can be quite refreshing after an hours walk from the MBK!

If you go out of the hotel and turn right you will find a Tourist Information shop called Theo Express Travel Service run by a lady called Tong Tong. We booked all our tours with her and saved heaps of money. She charged us the child rate of 1,800 Baht for each of our snorkelling/kayaking trips in Samui and Phuket instead of 3,200 Baht. So we paid 36 pounds each trip. The brochure prices ranged between 65 and 85 pounds! She is very helpful and well worth a visit. We did the city and 3 temples tour and Wat Po was amazing.

All in all a very good hotel which I would definitely stay at again. The location is really not a problem as there is a vibrant night market right outside the hotel on a sunday and part of the fun of Bangkok is going in tuk tuks anyway. For 200 Baht (4 pounds) to get as far as Pat Pong you can't grumble.

Room Tip: Anywhere on a high floor and not on the temple side.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Hobbit_On_Tour537
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I researched and read most of the reviews because it was our first time in Thailand. I wanted a good location for me and my sister.
And I found it relatively good! They took care of our "requests." And I would recommend the travel agency on the ground floor. They are authorized. Outside travel agencies are cheaper maybe but I wouldn't risk it.

The hotel itself is just walking distance to 7-eleven and massage spas. And also, there's a mall called Indra. I got all of my souvenirs from there. They gave good prices! Specially if you buy by bulk. 5 magnets cost 100 baht while in sophisticated malls it's 60 per magnet! Imagine the difference.

Anyway, I'd like to stay in Century park hotel again. Safe for first time travelers like me.

Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank Klowee N
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for the first time in March 2014 for 3 nights. The hotel is modern with smart, good sized, well equiped rooms. It was clean and the staff were attentive and friendly. Breakfast was an open buffet with plenty of choice for everyone.

It is located in the business district and hence suffers from traffic noise constantly, it is also not too convenient for tourist attractions. It takes about 10 mins to walk to the BST at Victoria Monument. In my experience i found taxis didnt want to cross the city during peak hours upto about 9pm.

I was happy with my stay, but would advise guests to find a hotel closer to areas of interest to you, or you could spend a lot of money on travel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank simograll
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel is great we are on the 10 th floor with a good view looking towards the victory monument which is where the sky train station is it can range between 10 and 15 min to walk along the pavement to it depending on time of day there had been a lot of negative comments about the breakfast I myself found the breakfast very good and my other half says I'm a fussy git( and I will b going down in the morning again as I am still here) there was a great choice ranging from pastries to cereals to cooked breakfasts to fresh fruit and sushi

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank jimmyblair
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Staff , rooms, gym and pool are fantastic, buffet breakfast awesome variety.
If you are looking for Thai seafood hit the small restaurant around corner. Kuang seafood beautiful fresh food and cheap.
Getting around town was easy with a tuk tuk costing 150B to go anywhere just about.
Would come back again.