“A Mixed Experience”

Ranked #349 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“A Mixed Experience”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

This is not a typical hotel you will be expecting consider the price you pay and the quality of the room you get. The room is not fanciful, very simple furnishing and a old toilet. I stayed with my mate and we had problem hanging our clothes because there is no cupboard. The only thing good is this hotel is near to many amenities such as 7-11, food and shopping. Its near to the nite market, if you know how to walk via short cut, and the famous Platinum Mall, City Complex to buy cheap fashion at wholesale prices, and Pantip for IT stuff. Near to the hotel is a eatery that sell excellent pork knuckle rice and wanton noodles. Service is fine by the staff. The only criticism is the hotel only provides 1 key per room, and I had to wait for my mate at the lobby when he was out with the key. This causes quite a fair bit of inconvenience.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Iligan, Philippines
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Accessible and Room rate is affordable too.I stayed here I guess three years back and the hotel was kinda old but now they have made some renovations, newly painted rooms new bathroom fixtures and the dining area has undergone renovations.It is more fresh looking with the brightly colored walls. The beds are quite alright but necessarily the coziest but you can sleep well on it.
What's good about this hotel is the vicinity. I wii not be ashamed to recommend this hotel to my friends.Once you step out of the hotel you will be greeted by a lot of vendors from food to textile. I also bump with a lot of Filipinos either doing business there, buying stuff for personal use or for business. I feel at home when I'm in Bangkok. I love the fruits and the numerous spicy dishes not to mention shopping!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Manila
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed here twice on our short vacation trip to Bangkok(One of the GREAT CITY in Asia),it is very efficient for a traveler who's for shopping, very near to Platinum Mall,Panthip plaza,Central World and most especially when you step out on the main door of this hotel,there is a great bargain and very affordable goods to buy,the breakfast they serve is a treat,very tasty!,no worries for money exchange because it is just several steps from this hotel,there is a souvenir shop just in front of this hotel,the owner is very nice they gave us a good price,over all, I would surely recommend this hotel..

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floor is much appreciated..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
manila
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I like the modern design of the rooms. The aircon is very cool. It has its own parking lot. The lobby is manned all the time. The porters and guards can get taxi for u. The people from the kitchen also smile a lot and welcome u to breakfast buffet. The rooms are clean n spacious. Restos, malls, convenience stores are all walking distance. Id love to go back here,

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank pink s
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 3 August 2013

you'll find food once you exit the hotel gate.. the room was great.. it was spacious, if you want to shrink your budget, just put 5 or 6 people into one room, and it still has some space.. the aircon are super cold.. X_X the pratunam market is only 5 steps away from the hotel.. and platinum mall is just 10 minutes walking distance..

overall, great place, great price..recommended hotel..!!

Room Tip: just browse it from the internet or hotel booking website..
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

To be honest,first house hotel is my home in Bangkok,whenever i travel to Bkk my choice of stay is First House. I've been staying here since 2004 and i'm one of that customer who has seen the transformation of a well equipped hotel to a budget hotel. FF is now refurbished with a new look but i would say it was better before. The breakfast is always the same (for the last 8yrs!!) and honestly they provide good meals compared to the other hotels. The cleaning staffs r very good and honest,left some valuables most if the time in my room and it was always untouched. The bell boys r friendly and it feels like home because everybody there knows me well and treats me good! The location is ideal for the shopaholics! I can say that FF is one of the best budget hotel in Bkk and it worth staying here!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Rahat316
Makati City
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Pros:
- near the shopping stalls/boutiques/malls in Pratunam
- near 7-11 stores so getting some food and stuff is not a problem
- bidet in the toilet
- breakfast was okay

Cons:
- we had difficulty communicating with the front desk using the English language
- the beds were not soft
- there's only 1 card key and they won't lend you another card key (a friend of mine in the other room has no key because her roomate who has gone shopping has brought it and the front desk won't give her a copy nor even open the room for her)
- lots of big rats running around outside the place (when I mean big the rats were as big as grown cats)
- no windows
- you can hear the noises outside the room

I've read some reviews that they've lost some valuables, we're fortunate that we didn't lose anything.

If you're on a budget while traveling to BKK well I suggest you find another budget hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SocTy

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels