“Why do I have to pay”

Ranked #352 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Kempton Park, South Africa
“Why do I have to pay”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay at First House, the staff where very polite, same like the 1st time I paid them a visit in 2007, rooms clean etc, My problem with this hotel and a few others is this. I booked with a reputable travel agency in South Africa, (Flight Centre). We paid all monies due, but when we arrived at the hotel, they made me feel like a scam artist, although they had received all documentation etc. from Flight Centre The manager insisted I have to pay the full amount upfront with a promise he will refund me my money, he did. My question is, WHY DID I HAVE TO PAY AGAIN. Now I ask any hotel manager to please answer me

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
18 Thank pcroukamp

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My first visit to Bangkok my friend booked this hotel. The room is spacious and clean. But at night a bit quite and avoid walking in the dark alley. Overall is good and comfortable but not suitable for the business traveler who looking for quite and luxury type.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephy C
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 3 February 2014

the location is really convenient to have shopping and food hunting. the interior of the room really attracted and they have provide drinking water in bottle but didn't provide a cup... they didn't provide hair dryer, thermo, shampoo also... by the way, they provide the price is quite fair to stay at the area.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank yeelengtang
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 10 January 2014

A good decent hotel... Very centrally located.... Close to Big C... Main market.... And other Malls... Staff is very helpful... Clean place.... Has a close by money exchange counter n taxi hire services.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank AnandTalreja
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Paid S$60/ night w breakfast on agoda . Hotel was relatively renovated and decent , good location behind glow hotel just above Pratunam shopping paradise . Don't expect much luxury as this is a budget hotel , at night might be dark when walking in e street from main road to e hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Krtng
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 January 2014

2 of us girls went for 6D5N in the start of December 2013, we booked the modern superior room. Was skeptical due to reviews. Searched via hotelclub and told the online assistance our special requests and she said she would email the hotel but it was subject to availability. So, just to make sure, we emailed the hotel too, via the hotel website and their manager was friendly and said she would help us(subject to availability) with our special requests.

The cab fare was 250baht + 25 toll from the airport but more expensive when you are leaving, its more convenient to book from the concierge guy outside the hotel. When we arrived at the hotel, which was quite late, ard 11pm, we were pleasantly surprised with our room as it was spacious, clean and just awesome cuz we were expecting problems and all after reading previous reviews. I guess our room was just one of the lucky ones. the wall color was orange, which is more pleasant to the eye as I walked past the other rooms, that looked smaller and uglier(red and green).

Good points:
Clean room, wooden floor(which is cleaner than carpeted ones, believe me!), clean toilet, hot water, working fridge, hairdryer, toiletries provided but I suggest you bring your own favourite shampoo/soap/conditioner or buy at 7/11 just downstairs. big bottle of water given everyday, good tv which many channels, clean sheets and pillow, spacious room to put all your shopping, GREAT LOCATION! its super near macdonalds, 2 seven eleven stores and just a bridge away from pratunam mall! A street away from every other mall around pratunam, super convenient you hv no idea! :)

Bad points: noisy corridor (rarely). But our room wasn't near the lift, so I think that helped!, slow and small lift, the staff at front desk could be friendlier but it was fine... Hard bed but it wasnt difficult to fall asleep.They don't change your sheets even though we stayed for 5Nights, but that's what u get for budget! cant expect them to change all the time!

Tips: local calls from hotel phone is 15baht/min. Good for calling your tour guide. If the cab driver doesn't know where your hotel is, just say its in Pratunam SOI SEK KAU( soi19 in thai.. learnt that from a cab driver :D)

I hope you'll enjoy your trip like how we did! My experience with this hotel was AWESOME :D

Room Tip: High floor, non - smoking, one of the corner/end rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Izzz14
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 December 2013

even the hotel area in crowded place, but it's not noisy. the room clean, and every morning the staff clean your room perfectly. the room gives you complete toiletries, many channels for TV, midsize refrigerator not the small one, simple but comfy bed, simple interior, and give you namecard of the hotel in Thai and English, so if you get lost, you can bring it and show to the local where your hotel is. the breakfast was good. from cereal to friedrice and also pork. but the AC too cold.

one step ahead from hotel entrance, you can shopping all the girl stuffs. it's really heaven if you come to bangkok to shop. because this hotel in Pratunam Market area. the market open from 6 AM till 5 PM only. but at night you can go to Platinum Mall to shop art-craft things made by local designer.
across the street of hotel, you can find cheap food that was tasty from morning till night.
near hotel there was 711, McDonalds, and Shibuya Mall.
it's really heaven to shop, eat, from early morning to midnight.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends