“Great value - no frills but five star service”

La Residence Bangkok
Ranked #387 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Kathmandu, Nepal
“Great value - no frills but five star service”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Clean, well located and super friendly helpful staff and management. Check out the suites, they are well worth the extra few baht.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 September 2011

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They even lent us some travel guides for the rest of our trip, that we will give back in 3 weeks time! The room was big and very nice decorated. I would definitely recomend it to anyone visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2011
Washington DC
Reviewed 30 August 2011

This is a lovely boutique hotel. The room was very clean and had all the necessary amenities. The hotel staff, though very small, was very helpful and knowledgeable about getting around in Bangkok. Even though the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, you're not at a loss for food because of the nearby restaurants and food stalls. Hotel is not located in a particularly touristy area - if you're looking to be near a metro stop or a tourist attraction (or other hotels), this may not be the place for you. I found it to be a great deal though, especially because I spent most of the day outside of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Clean, friendly, well-managed small hotel. Rather charmless location, but 15-mins walk to Silom, skytrain and river. Few rooms are well insulated from traffic noise: room 18 (a single) seemed much the best.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank beijingduck
Brest
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We had a very pleasant stay in this hotel.
The rooms were very clean and had a very original decoration as if you were invited to someone’s place.
The staff was very kind and efficient especially a with my wife (she was pregnant of 6month).
Location was really good as well, close to the sky train, and silom touristic and commercial places.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed 15 March 2010

I made La Residence Inn a home base while exploring Thailand and the rest of SE Asia. I fell in love with Bangkok though, and bounced back after spending time in Lao, Cambodia and Vietnam. I always returned to La Residence Inn.

The location is perfect. It's pushed a bit away from the touristy areas, but close enough to walk to them. The street is quiet and peaceful, a nice shift from the loud bars and crowded streets. The hotel is small, but the rooms are elegant, funky, clean and have everything a traveler needs. The lobby is welcoming and they have a library of CD's you can watch for free. When I was there they had wi-fi, which was great. They also serve a wonderful breakfast.

What made this place so outstanding was the service. I have stayed at 5-star hotels that didn't even come close to the service here. I felt well taken care of by the staff and they went out of their way to help me navigate Bangkok, take care of visa issues and generally made me feel like I was a guest not just in their inn, but also their beautiful city.

One incident stands out: I bounced back to Bangkok while traveling, and didn't book my return stays as I wasn't sure if and when I'd be back, so every time I left, the staff had no idea if I'd return. I had checked out to spend a month in Vietnam, and later found I lost a pair of sweat pants. I didn't think much of it, they were cheap and easily replaced. A month later I returned to La Residence Inn. I had booked my room the day before. When I checked in, there on the bed were my freshly washed and folded sweat pants. I had left them behind and they saved them for me on the chance I might return.

I can't recommend this place enough. I hope to return to Bangkok some day, and this is place I'll stay. I have feeling the staff will recognize me, and if they don't, I have no doubt they'll still treat me like a long-lost friend.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled solo