I almost hesitate writing this review as I usually keep this information for select friends headed for Bangkok.
I discovered La Residence Bangkok many years ago and have stayed there every trip to Bangkok since.
It is a delightful boutique hotel with amazingly reasonable prices in the heart of Bangkok. To find a suite with kitchen and view for $90-$120 dollar is quite a find. Every room is uniquely decorated as is befitting a boutique hotel but the real distinguishing character is the excellent service and staff.
I love La Residence because of its small highly personalized service and its close proximity to the BTS - Bangkok Sky Train - the night market and Jim Thompson's flagship store and factory outlet.
While it is only a few blocks from the infamous Patpong night life it is also a short distance from the Oriental and Shangri-La hotels and Bangkok water taxis.
I have recommended La Residence many times to fellow business travelers as well as friends and families who are looking for a reasonable, clean and unique accommodation in Bangkok with easy access to Bangkok and surrounding areas.
Another plus of La Residence is that it is in the same block as Somboon Seafood Bangkok arguably one of the best seafood restaurants in Asia!
There are many stunning hotels like the Oriental and Shangri-La in Bangkok if you so choose and are willing to pay the price but for frequent travelers looking for the best combination of service, price, location, and amenities few compare with La Residence.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Résidence is an intimate, yet hip boutique hotel in the heart of Bangkok. Located on Suriwongse Road next to Silom Road, it enjoys easy access to all the major shopping areas and is only minutes away from the Chao Phya River which is the best shortcut to all the famous temples via river taxis. Patpong Road, the notorious entertainment area which converts into a shopping bazaar from 1700 until 0200 is only a few blocks away. Major shopping centers as well as souvenir shops at the Silom Village are also within walking distance.Well known for its beautifully decorated rooms and delicious, authentic Thai food, La Résidence is a rare find in a city full of cliched decor and banal rooms.Each of our twenty six luxurious rooms and suites are equipped with all the amenities and charmingly furnished with lots of little personal touches and each with it's own unique theme.Best of all, rates are very reasonable coupled with impeccable service. Most of the guests are regulars who could afford 5-star hotels, but wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your La Residence Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- La Residence Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok La Residence Hotel