“Feel like at home”

Ranked #393 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Brest
“Feel like at home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

We had a very pleasant stay in this hotel.
The rooms were very clean and had a very original decoration as if you were invited to someone’s place.
The staff was very kind and efficient especially a with my wife (she was pregnant of 6month).
Location was really good as well, close to the sky train, and silom touristic and commercial places.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

I made La Residence Inn a home base while exploring Thailand and the rest of SE Asia. I fell in love with Bangkok though, and bounced back after spending time in Lao, Cambodia and Vietnam. I always returned to La Residence Inn.

The location is perfect. It's pushed a bit away from the touristy areas, but close enough to walk to them. The street is quiet and peaceful, a nice shift from the loud bars and crowded streets. The hotel is small, but the rooms are elegant, funky, clean and have everything a traveler needs. The lobby is welcoming and they have a library of CD's you can watch for free. When I was there they had wi-fi, which was great. They also serve a wonderful breakfast.

What made this place so outstanding was the service. I have stayed at 5-star hotels that didn't even come close to the service here. I felt well taken care of by the staff and they went out of their way to help me navigate Bangkok, take care of visa issues and generally made me feel like I was a guest not just in their inn, but also their beautiful city.

One incident stands out: I bounced back to Bangkok while traveling, and didn't book my return stays as I wasn't sure if and when I'd be back, so every time I left, the staff had no idea if I'd return. I had checked out to spend a month in Vietnam, and later found I lost a pair of sweat pants. I didn't think much of it, they were cheap and easily replaced. A month later I returned to La Residence Inn. I had booked my room the day before. When I checked in, there on the bed were my freshly washed and folded sweat pants. I had left them behind and they saved them for me on the chance I might return.

I can't recommend this place enough. I hope to return to Bangkok some day, and this is place I'll stay. I have feeling the staff will recognize me, and if they don't, I have no doubt they'll still treat me like a long-lost friend.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled solo
Aberdeen
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2010

We chose a suite at la Residence to give us more space with 2 young children and somewhere to sit once they had gone to bed! The suite provided excellent value for money, was clean and fairly well equipped. Don't expect the trimmings of a hotel chain here - this is a small hotel but the staff were helpful, the breakfasts adequate and the location good for a short visit to Bangkok!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
Geneva Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2009

This small hotel gives excellent value for money. It is at walking distance from the Sky train and from animated places in Bangkok, anyway taxi's are cheap (compared to European standards). The hotel is well maintained, we had a huge room, almost an appartment, very clean and quiet. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly, In one word, an excellent address where I would certainly go back next time in Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GuyGenevaSwitzerland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2009

This is a nice little hotel. It's pretty close to the metro. Small and less expensive than the big hotel chains. Really nice people running this place. They helped us out quite a bit. Very clean and very comfortable. Would definately stay here again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2009

We stayed at La Residence twice during our travels in Thailand. The hotel was quiet and safe. We even felt comfortable giving our 13 and 9 year old kids their own room. THe rooms were funky and stylish and very quiet. There were plenty of free movies to choose from and a great breakfast included every morning. The staff was incredibly helpful. We would definitely stay again. Also - be sure to try Somboon Seafood, a fabulous restaurant just a few blocks away.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mommywashington
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

I recently spent four nights at La Residence and was very pleased with my stay. The room was clean, quiet and nicely decorated. The staff was friendly and helpful, and I enjoyed the breakfast. The only downside was that the location is not very convenient to areas of interest to tourists, but the neighbourhood is quiet and has some nice restaurants within walking distance. The nearest sky train station is about 10-15 minutes by foot; the nearest ferry station is about 25-30 minutes by foot, so it's possible to get around without relying too heavily on taxis or tuk tuks.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo