“Poor”

New World City Hotel
Ranked #505 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We spent in this hotel two nights. We extremely overpaid. The condition was below average. Food average. Location was ok - quite close to center. All the furnitures were old. Shower was destroyed. We don't recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adam Z

Reviewed 11 October 2012

The hotel is basic and clean, the Muslim staff is friendly. I stayed in this hotel a few times over the years. I came back late from the airport without an advance booking. I went to the reception and asked for a single room without ABF. I was surpriced by there quote, it is way overpriced if your are a walk in. If you check internet sites, its half price.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank RieksLok
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Cheap and cheerful. Pretty basic but clean and friendly staff. The adjoining massage parlor (out of reception not the one in the connecting hotel) was great value for a Thai massage (a must do!).

Close to Khao San road markets and the Grand palace. Good selection of restaurants in the neighbourhood. A little tricky trying to find it as it's down a small side street.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HenriJane
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We booked a triple deluxe room. We never actually stayed a full night. We only stayed for a nap but having woken up after a long flight and being tired, all of us found odd little bugs crawling on our clothes, our phones and on the sheets.

WE CRINGED. Not only were there bugs, it was very very dusty, old, smelled musky, hadn't been updated and the bathroom was really average.

For the price that we paid we managed to get a much nicer and cleaner room at the Khaosan Park Resort around the corner on Khaosan Road.

When we compained about the cleanliness and standard of the rooms, the staff were quick to show us around other available rooms. We checked them out but they were the same. On one of the beds, I saw two small bugs and when I pointed them out, the hotel manager simply killed them by smearing his finger over them and staining the sheets. Then he said that they had been dealt with- are you kidding me? He killed two bugs on the sheets of one of the beds and expected us to be happy with the standard of the room. I was shocked.

Thankfully we managed to get a full refund and moved as quickly as we could.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank kli62306
Reviewed 4 September 2012

A good, clean and friendly hotel - can't complain! Near Kohsan road so good for people who want to go out but also a short taxi ride away from the attractions in Bangkok with plenty of places to eat nearby!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I stayed here as part of an Intrepid tour so I cant comment on the cost. I suspect their main clients are all the tour groups that use this hotel rather than the independent travelers.

The hotel itself is very old, the rooms are small and the beds are very soft. The breakfast buffet was pretty terrible. Eat elsewhere if you have the time.
The staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel is located within 5 minutes walk to the local tourist strip.
The roof has a nice little view over the area and there are convenience stores and restaurants next door which is very handy.

Would I recommend this hotel? No. There are cleaner and newer places to chose from.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Benicio
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I had booked into this hotel for the weekend of the 10th of August but due to unforeseen events had to cancel my stay so this review has to do with how generous and kind the staff were. I had an item being delivered to this hotel on the evening of the 11th but I had returned to Ireland. I was dealing with them over the phone and by email. Their receptionist was very helpful and from there I was dealing with Mirium, the Reservation manager. They were extremely helpful and pleasant while dealing with me. If I am ever to return to Bangkok I will be sure to stay there I am certain as much time, effort and care is put into the running of the hotel as it is dealing with the public. Thanks to all in New World City for their time and help.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business