“Perfect Stay”

Emporium Suites by Chatrium
Ranked #275 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 December 2013

After a 24 hour journey we could not have stayed in a better hotel! Everything we needed was there! It was in a perfect position on a main street just down the road from a main shopping centre, but we did not feel we were right in the centre of it!
We had a large room with an amazing view of Bangkok! The facilities within the room were great. A fully equipped kitchen, a large bathroom with bath! The bed was very comfortable, everything was very clean.
We unfortunately only stayed one night, but made full use of the swimming pool which was of a good size and had plenty of sun beds around the pool to relax.
The buffet breakfast was interesting. It had to cater for many nationalities so some foods were quite random, but on the whole we all managed to find something that we liked to eat.
All the staff were helpful when we first arrived and when we needed to leave in the morning for the next place, they organised a taxi which was difficult at the time due to the protests in the city.
I have nothing bad to say about this hotel, we fully enjoyed our say and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
23  Thank Charlw1991
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Sir,

I am very proud to learn that even your stay was just one night but feel your stay was just perfect.

I am glad that you enjoy our sevices and facilities and found our place is clean and privacy. Many of our guests mentioned this too, even the building is on the right of Sukhumvit Rd., but once you get in the room, you feel you been escaped away from a buzzy road.

I stay overnight here sometimes on my duty and I also feel the same, it was an amazing feelings. The city view in the night was to die for.

I would be thrill if you could visit us again, meanwhile have a great festive seasons.

There are newer reviews for Emporium Suites by Chatrium

Reviewed 4 December 2013

My partner and I stayed here for a couple of nights in Bangkok and we would have happily spent a lot longer. The hotel was impeccable and the staff amazing. The room had a spectacular view with balcony. The room was clean and neat with modern amenities and very spacious. A short walk to skytrain giving quick access around the city. The included Buffett breakfast was fantastic with no shortage of variety. It is everything you would expect of a 5 star hotel and more. We will definitely stay there on our trips back to Bangkok.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
23  Thank Bridie D

Dear Sir,

We couldn't thank you enough for your kind patronage. Please pass our thankfulness to your partner as well.

We are delight to hear that you love the room and enjoy the view. Not many hotels in Bangkok have rooms with spacious balcony that allow guests to enjoy fresh air up high.

We would love to have both of you back to stay with us, we can't wait to welcome such a cute couple as you and your partner.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel is just ok and probably not 5 star quality in my opinion. Room was very clean and had a nice view out our window. Breakfast was pretty good with a good selection. One poor part of the room is the tub did not drain very well while showering. The location is decent however I would suggest staying a little further west on sukhumvit road. That said the bts station is right in front of the hotel making getting to and from convenient. One thing that was really odd was when getting a taxi from the concierge it seemed that the two times we did so the driver was shady and overcharged. On one occasion refused to take us to where we wanted. Not sure I can blame the hotel but every other taxi taken in Bangkok was good except for the ones ordered by the concierge. Overall not a bad place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JSF44
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your commments.

Your saying in this review have us to look into many matters, it is good for us to take a chance to explore ourselves.

As for the taxis, I am sorry you experienced such unpleasant incident. I can confirm that taxis are out of our control. Anyhow, I'll brief to my Concierge team to look into this too.

If I can assist you in anything furether, pls. contact me saminee.tha@chatrium.com.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A couple of weeks ago I stayed at this hotel. The best about it is the location! One can access the BTS Sky Train without leaving the building, this is clearly awesome.
The pool and the gym are both very good and well maintained.
Housekeeping service is friendly and efficient, check in worked well as well.
However, the rest is not as impressive. The room seems very outdated, especially the bathroom. WIFI works well, the selection of TV channels is good. It took about 5 minutes to get hot water in the shower! Breakfast was clearly not up to the standard of a 5* property (they promote themselves as such).
Service at the pool was extremely slow, I had to ask for the menu 3 times. Ordered a drink and some spring rolls, they arrived after about 30 minutes.
My departure was very odd, I only had a medium suitcase that I brought downstairs myself. Check out took about 5 minutes although there was nobody else at the counter. The only item on the bill was my drink and snack from the pool bar as the hotel gets you to pay for your full stay when you check in (What is that all about?). Then a bell boy who literally took my suitcase for 3 meters from the door to the taxi had the courage to ask me for a tip before I even made it close to the taxi. This seems very odd, I am always the first to tip but this put me off!
In any case, as indicated above - the location is superb. It is a decent place but at best 4*, if it was not for the location then I would not stay there again as Bangkok has so many good (and better) hotels in that price range.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your informative review.

We thank you for the compliement and in the same time we are alos open for your comments for certain areas such as services at the pool. We are sincerely apologize that you have to faced such the incident.

We sees them as opportunity to rectify problems and immediately improve ourselves. We wish that our apology goes somewhere and you would consider to give us another try.

For the incident of the porter upon your departure, please allow me to explain that we take your comment seriously and had internal investigation by the Chief Security Officer. The porter simply would like to said "Have a good trip" to farewell you, but unfortunately his pronunciation was clearly was not good enough.

If there is anything I could do/explain more , pls. do contact me at saminee.tha@chatrium.com

We wish your and your loved ones a wonderful festive season.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Spotless. very well located. Friendly staff and excellent rooms. Although we booked a standard room, at the check in time, we were upgraded to higher room with huge space, a small pantry and bath. This 39th floor (3909) offered an excellent view of the city and sukumbhit. Hotel has excellent swimming pool and gym area on 7th floor with lots of green around. Kids love it. Really great place to stay.

Couple of Cons :

1. The entire hotel depends on these 3 lifts, Which are pretty slow and wait gets longer during morning breakfast hours and evening peaks.

2. Breakfast area is small and gets crowded. One has to wait if u reach there by 08-08.30.

3. Choice for vegetarian food is very limited and often vague. Needs improvement.

Room Tip: Top floors have excellent view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
26  Thank Saswat66
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you to took time to share your thoughts with us. We are more than welcome to hear our guest's ideas.

Your suggestions have already pass to persons in charge of each area and also to The Management. We will certainly review all topics and look into them.

We wish you and your family a blast festive season.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

I was fortunate to have a suite in this hotel during a business trip. And what a luck! The hotel is beautiful, the rooms are very large, tastefully decorated and the view is to die for! The rooftop pool is one of the nicest I have had the opportunity to experience. In addition, the hotel is very well located, close to the subway, shopping malls and busy streets. In this hotel you will be treated as any staff should treat their customers, perfect service, a lot of attention provided. I recommend it for your personal or pro trips!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
24  Thank Elmer P

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your compliments.

Your review is simply the reward to our team! We wil keep up the good work and make sure each of our guests had a splendid stay with us.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We came back from Pattaya and stayed in Emporium Suites for two nights. Not much to say, it is the great location, nice rooms and spectacular view. Surely it will not be the last for us. We are loyal to the brand that exceeded our expectations. We enjoyed shopping and eating at Emporium Shopping Mall which is just right next to the hotel. Thanks to the staff who are always smiling and very attentive to make our stay memorable. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: November 2013
25  Thank Huang065

Dear Sir,

Thank you for not only visited us, but also spend time in Pattaya, we thank you that you chose to come to Thailand.

We will certainly keep up the good work, we expect to serve our guests beyond their expectations.

We wish you a wonderful festive seasons ever!