“perfect stay for business”

Emporium Suites by Chatrium
Ranked #258 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 2 February 2014

first time staying at this hotel for a short business trip and I must say it has very high quality standards for a local establishment as I travel very often to Bangkok staying at many other business hotels.

though the hotel is a little dated, it has all the facilities of a 5 star hotel, a great service team and excellent location connected to Phrom Phong BTS station through the Emporium Mall. BTS is the way to travel around the city if you do not want to be stuck on the road for appointments.

overall it’s great value for a very comfortable stay and I will be back soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ylimeSG
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for chose to stay with us and welcome again to Emporium Suites by Chatrium.

It is totally honored to have you considered stay with us for the first time and you found your stay "a perfect stay".

Thank you for mentioned of our facilities of a 5 star hotel and a great service team and our supreme location.

For the part that you felt we are a little dated here, I will certainly pass your value comment to The Management.

It is so priceless feeling to see that you consider your stay a great value, and we are also looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The location is great being connected to the BTS (sky train). It is also connected to a large mall that has almost everything including great food and a movie theater. The swimming pool and fitness center are top notch and quite large. The only drawback is that it is quite large and not quite as personal as a smaller boutique hotel. But this is a minor concern. We enjoyed our stay and recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank KathyTravels2014

Dear Madame,

Thank you for your concise review.

The part that you mentioned of our location will totally benefit to our prospects guests. Indeed we are connected to the skytrain station and Emporium Mall. Both can be reached within 5 minutes from our guest's front door!

Thank you for compliment specially to our swimming pool and fitness area, our General Manager has pay very high attention on these areas as he awares that it is an oasis to our guests. He want to make them a cozy space for our valued guests.

I am glad that you mentioned what you feel it is the drawback, let me bring the issue to all concern and let us look into the matter to make it better.

Please visit us again if you are travel to Bangkok.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights with my partner and really enjoyed ourselves. The service was first class and gave us a really good first impression of Bangkok. Our room had a beautiful view (floor 37) and was spacious, clean, quiet, secure and simply perfect. The bed was incredibly comfortable and we slept like babies every single night.

The breakfast buffet was excellent, a good range of foods and a beautiful view of Bangkok, service in the Kitchen was again excellent.

We used the gym facilities and it basically catered for all our needs, a good selection of weights and cardio with water and towels on offer, even some Yoga classes on offer that my partner enjoyed.

My only gripe was with the slow elevators, it may seem like I'm nit picking but everyone I bumped into was mentioning it. One customer in the elevator laughed and suggested they were "the slowest elevators in Bangkok" which I had to agree with.

Location was fantastic right near the BTS station and not far from restaurants and shops, reception always answered the phone immediately and helped with all requests, concierge was fantastic too. He helped us organise a couple of tours and made it all so seamless.

Overall this is a classy establishment and if you can get a good deal online it's well worth the extra cost to stay here, really enjoyed our stay and if I return to Bangkok I will most definitely return here.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
18  Thank trickma
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for such an informative review.

I am glad to get to know that you and your loved ones were totally enjoy your stay and find our facilities and services "first class".

Anyhow, in the name of The Management and staff of Emporium Suites by Chatrium, we apologize you found slower services of our elevators. I will certainly pass your comment to managers concerned and see if there is anything we could do.

Thank you once again for mentioned about us in a positive way, wish you will stay with us again once you in town.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Just coming to the end of another month's stay at the Emporium, been coming here virtually since it opened. Why? Well, first of all I am fussy and expect high quality when staying away from home, why compromise?
The hotels by the river are nice but the area is fairly distant from the main centre of Bangkok. Sukhumvit is the area for wining, dining and shopping. However, lower Sukhumvit is definitely not a place to stay for me, and even Sois 8 and 11 are beginning to resemble middle aged versions of Khao San Road.
Emporium Suites are in a nice location with easy access, via skytrain or taxi, to just about anywhere, Thonglor (Soi 55) and Ekamai (Soi 63) are are a short ride away and have plenty of good restaurants and pubs to go to at night.
I have checked on many of the newer serviced apartments over the years, and although they have more modern facilities, they cannot compete with the size of the 1 bed apartment at the Emporium.
Room cleaning is excellent as usual and the breakfast is very good, excellent in fact if you favour the Japanese version.
If i have to critisise then the lifts at the Emporium are very slow, it should have been built with 6 lift shafts not 3.
Also I wish that when Chatrium carried out the room upgrades 2 years ago that they had spent more money on modernising the bathrooms and kitchens, the fixtures and fittings are still the original as far as I can see.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
21  Thank john m

Dear Sir,

To hear from our loyalty customer like yourself is a blessed.

Thank you for sharing, your review will be a good tool for many people.
We are grateful to have you with us.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

After two weeks traveling around SE Asia this place was heaven on earth for us, especially in the hectic and sometimes frustrating city of Bangkok. The room was great, very spacious and had the most comfortable bed we had in all of Thailand. The breakfast was included and had a wide array of choices for westerners and Asian tastes. There were also other good restaurants in the vicinity and many great streets to explore nearby.

The proximity to the BTS line was the selling point for us but the service really won us over. The concierge and bellmen were exceptionally helpful and suggested great places to see and eat. We booked ringside tickets to a Muay Thai fight that ended up being canceled because of the protests and the concierge was very apologetic but quick to return our money and helped us find other activities instead.

Getting there: It seems relatively easy to take public transportation from the airport to the hotel--if you don't have luggage. The airport line connects to the city line and then connects to the BTS, so you never have to leave any stations but the problem is that you cannot buy a ticket for your entire ride, you have to buy three individual tickets at each station. This was extremely frustrating and the fact that the BTS resembles Tokyo in that you have to pack in like sardines from the Siam Station, so with luggage it was not a comfortable trip. This obviously has nothing to do with the hotel, I just want to forewarn anyone who isn't familiar with Bangkok's transportation system. So I would suggest taking a cab to the hotel and then from there the BTS station is right out the door and you can zip around the city at your leisure.

Overall I would absolutely recommend this hotel and if we ever make it back to Bangkok then we will definitely being staying at Emporium Suites.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
23  Thank kristinak83
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear Madame,

I am appreciated the time you took to review us, your writing is very informative.

It was indeed a pleasure to had both of you as our guests. I will certainly pass your special mentioned of our bellmen and Concierge team, they would be delighted to hear, I am sure.

Thank you once again, especially the mentioning that you are definitely recommend us to others and already thinking of us if you would return to Bangkok.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

The hotel location is unrivalled: near the main Sukhumvit Road, Phrom Phong BTS, Emporium Shopping Mall, etc. The staff was courteous and friendly. The pool was quite nice. HOWEVER, the room I got (on 29th Floor) has ants crawling near the kitchen counter and sink area. That night I was too tired to deal with that. But the following night, while I was taking a shower, a big live cockroach was crawling near me at the edge of the bathtub! Afterwards, I also discovered ants on the wall near my bed. That was the last straw for me. I called to complain to the hotel manager, who promptly upgraded me to another room on the 28th Floor. No matter how good the staff service was, it could not make up for the hotel's lack of maintenance. The hotel is a bit dated now (close to 20 years I think). Given this price range, there are several brand new hotels around the block. If I hadn't pre-paid for the following night, I probably would have checked out the next day already.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ayutthaya88

Dear Sir,

Thank you for mentioning of our superb location, courtesy of our staff and our beautiful pool area.

In the same time, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced in respect to the presence of ants and cockroach in the room.

At Emporium Suites by Chatrium, we take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction. We have taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again.

We deeply value your relationship with us and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or assistance regards your reservation in the near future, please do reach me at saminee.tha@chatrium

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Centrally located, and connecting to the BTS (Phrom Phong) and mall/cinema, our stay was very pleasant and stress free. We were in town for errands, doctors' visits and shopping and all were a breeze while staying here. Also easy to connect/transfer to the subway (Asoke) and train (Hua Lamphong) from here as well.

Rooms were very clean, comfortable and staff were professional and prompt. We felt we got great value from the accommodation, wi-fi, breakfast, fitness room, pool and property in general.

The bedding was fantastic and we slept very well all 4 nights. Breakfast was good and great service at breakfast as well as check in and check out.

TIP: The hotel spa, Thann, offers 15% discounts for hotel guests, but 30% off if bookings are before 2pm. I am a bit particular when splurging at spas and i was very pleased with all aspects of the spa and treatments.

Stayed: January 2014
21  Thank opoverseas
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for the time you took to review us.

I am glad that you and your loved ones enjoyed our facilities, location and services. Your review would be very useful for people who look to stay with us.

May I just correct the information of off peak period at our spa, Thann Spa. Special offers from Mondays to Thursdays, before 2 p.m. all treatments are automatically discount 20% (not 30%).

I am glad that you were pleased with treatments with spas and quality of our spa.