“If you like huge room, you will love it here”

Emporium Suites by Chatrium
Ranked #254 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I visit Bangkok quite often for work, so I have stayed here a few times. This is more like a serviced apartment than a hotel, because even their smallest room is way bigger than most hotel room. It comes equipped with everything you need like a 3-seater living area, a small dinning area near the balcony, the longest working desk I had ever seen in a hotel, lots of cupboards and drawers and many more. It has a very spacious kitchen, complete with cooker, microwave and a regular family-sized refrigerator. The décor is very down to earth, simple and nothing fanciful.

I used to love it here when I stayed with my colleagues, sharing a studio or a 2- bedroom, however as I was travelling alone this time and the huge space can be quite intimidating for me.

I still like this hotel with its lovely restaurant where I can get exceptional city view during my breakfast. I still love the convenience of having a shopping mall, cinema, food court and supermarket all in the same building, plus my office is just directly above the lobby. It sure saves me lots of time getting to work. However, when I am travelling alone, I would prefer a smaller and more luxurious hotel room, like the one I enjoyed in Sofitel (just a BTS station away). It’s just a personal preference.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Cheong C
saminee t, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Madame,

Thank you for informative review.

We are so honor to have such a nice client like yourself. If you prefer a cozy small room to add a warm feeling when you are here alone, please ask for a studio 55 sqm., this is a nice cozy corner room that have a touch of homey and stunning view. This rooms are actually popular and rather full all the times.

Saminee T.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,548)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We booked for week, loved the size of the room, elevators a little slow. Good gym and pool facility on the 7th floor. Great TV channel selection. Easy access to the BTS sky train system and loads of shopping in the Emporium shopping centre. Nothing to complain about staying at this hotel. It's just off Soi 24 and there are plenty of good restaurants down this street.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
15  Thank Gandirs
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Have just spent 5 nights in a deluxe suite. Arrived early from flight from Australia and had requested a non smoking room. Once we got to our room you could pretty much tell it was on a smoking floor. Once I rang reception, it was sorted very quickly and we were moved to a non smoking floor. Staff are out standing, from front desk to housekeeping. Nothing is to much of an effort. This is my 6th time in Bangkok and would say this was my best hotel so far. Pool area one of the best, not over shadowed like a lot of hotels in Bangkok. My only complaint is that the sun lounges are extremely uncomfortable, has a metal bar poking in your back while lying down. But this is such a small thing when service, facilities, and location out way this minor problem. Would be back, and cannot thank staff for a wonder break.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
16  Thank Muppet64
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Really enoyed our stay. We had a good view on the side that faces downtown instead of the more modern side. The breakfast buffet was great. the service was excellent. We had a studio room, not listed as a suite, but it had a full kitchen and the bedroom was huge. The location next to the maor mall Emporium was wonderful--the food court there was the largest we had ever seen with many wonderful choices. Ask for a high floor for sure. Location at a metro stop was very convenient.

Room Tip: high up on either side is great. some may prefer the side with the poark and many highrises. We di...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
17  Thank AKW52245
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Emporium suites is one of the best accommodation by far, it is situated in the main areas of Bangkok. The BTS station/ sky train is very convienent to access infact it is connected with the same building, it also features a luxury mall in the lower floors which is caters the need of every day to things ex- food court, grocery, laundry, tailor, watch/ shoe repair, department stores, xerox, printing etc.
The accessibility to gym, swimming, spa and regular yoga and aerobics classes makes the stay even more convenient.
The staff is very friendly and the rooms are always well kept. The building also has a movie theatre, classes for musical instruments and a wonderful design library.
Overall, a wonderful property to stay with family. I give it a 7 star.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
17  Thank richarajesh
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

You just made my day!

It is such a great feeling to see that you rated us a 7 star property, khob khun mak kha.

Yes, indeed. Living with us is all about lavish lifestyles. Your information is so informative.

We are also looking forward to welcome you and your family back to us.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Tried using AMEX to book online, however getting errors. Called reservation, they said AMEX couldn't be used to book online. However, it wasn't stated in the website. Told staff that i would like to charge to AMEX, they advise me to use VISA for the pre-auth payment to hold the rooms and i can use AMEX to settle the bill. When my credit card bills came, hotel have already deducted the amount. Upon check-in, i told the Front office the problem, the Front Office Manager came over and say she will look into this. When we tried to talk to her more, she replied in a very rude manner saying she already knew about this. Shut me off and walk over. Have to tell the check in person min 3 times to proceed with the check-in then they can follow up to check. They seemed to ignore what i'm saying. Ultimately, have to insist for them to do the check in then they are willing to check in. Very disappointed with the hotel service as i have booked due to good trip adviser remarks.

The FO staff told me that i will be charge 2.5% if i asked for a refund. In the first place, your reservation staff gave me the wrong information. I have just check with my bank, they say that i had incurred about $70/- due to exchange rate. This was due to Chatrium mistake. Have file a dispute with the bank, hope you will look into this issue seriously.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank LalaL24
Saminee, Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Madame,

We appreciate the efforts you have taken to give your comments on your experience during your recent stay with us. Definitely your experience regarding our service is not the standard with which Emporium Suites by Chatrium hopes to be known.

All the issues of your concern about the Early Super Saver promotion are well received and are being given full attention. Please allow me to take this opportunity to reiterate the apology made by our Front Office Manager, in her earlier response, and whom I am afraid was mistaken to be the person to have attended to you at the check in counter regarding your request to change the pre-authorization payment.

We regret about the misunderstanding on the payment policy of Early Super Saver policy and the ensuing problem as a result. As a gesture of goodwill, we have taken exception of your case and have processed the refund to your Visa card and re-charge to Amex card. Please refer to our email dated July 3, 2015 together with the refund slip.

We trust that our apology goes some way in assuring you of our commitment to responsive customer service and that your recent experience will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in your future visits to Thailand.

Meanwhile, thank you for your kind understanding.

Amnarj Wongwien
Resident Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Located on soi 24 of the busy main road of sukhumvit, this 13 year old something hotel is worthwhile exploring. Upon checkin the reception offered us for an upgrade to a junior suite feom our deluxe studio for a fee of bht1000 per nite. We politely decline as we are not here to be in the room all day. The room is a decent sized room with a mini kitchen tuck at one corner. Going through the kitchen cabinets we foumd no pots and pans.. perhaps ine have to request from the front desk. What I love was the family sized fridge!.. as I love to buy chilled foods kn my way home.

Breakfast is a big let down. Food selection is poor and mostly the same but they cudve gotten a better chef.

Just out on the streets towards your right is the ever popular thai designer Naraya. Ohh .. btw.. emporium is a midsize shopping mall of which the hotel is co ' located. The top floor (5th) house a pretty high end grocer complete with food court and a few restaurants.

Location-wise, im sorry but its not that convenient compared to soi 15-21.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travlmaestro
Saminee, Front Office Manager at Emporium Suites by Chatrium, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your informative review.

As for the issue of breakast, please accept my sincere thanks for yourr review. I will certainly pass your comment to the Food & Beverage Manager and also our General Manager, we will work on the issue.

Yes, indeed we are here in the middle of business area and plenty of lifestyles around here. Not only Naraya, we are close to many things you could imagine of to fulfil your trip such as cinema, spas, international restaurants, yoga & pilates schools, international supermarkets, salons, massage shops. On top of that we are 2 minutes walk to Benjasiri park where our guests enjoy jogging in the evening and brings their kids for fresh air.