“I would not recommend this hotel to anyone”
Review of Silom City Hotel

Silom City Hotel
Ranked #109 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 26 July 2013

BAD:
Terrible location. Taxi cabs had no idea where this hotel was, it's a hell of a long way from the nearest train station, and it's located in the middle of the busy market area.
Old room. The room we stayed in had a weird smell, the airconditioning couldn't be adjusted, and the TV outlet was busted.

GOOD:
They were nice enough to find and return my wife's wedding ring when she lost it.
They printed my tickets for me.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason A

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was perfectly happy with my stay here. The rooms are adequately furnished, as long as you're not expecting 5 star facilities. Definitely value for money therefore, although I would have appreciated the hairs being cleaned from the bath prior to my arrival. Internet connection (free) was a bit intermittent.
The equipment in the fitness suite groaned somewhat under the strain of my 30 minute workout but lasted (just).
Breakfast was well-cooked and tasty, if somewhat limited by 5 star standards. Again, I wasn't expecting otherwise.
Staff were super friendly and helpful.
Situated quirkily in the middle of the soi just past a wet market. I didn't mind that at all.
I would stay here again if I wanted somewhere cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel is perfect if you looking for a real thai experience!
we go there every year! the staff is really helpful and very nice! you really feel like home away from home =)
i also love the morning market just accross the street, its so nice to get to experience the local life! i recommend this hotel if you are looking for a friendly and well located hotel!
the food at the hotel is also very good, try the seafood fry rice noodle they are amazing!!! we going back there in November and i can't wait to eat them again! again! and again!!!
we miss that place so much! can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Travelled on 7 July to this wonderful hotel located at Silom with my girlfriend. Expected a very normal deluxe room plus Average service but we were so damn wrong. Welcome drinks were served immediately upon check in, fresh Guava Juice (great thirst quencher esp in such a hot country). Staff was so friendly and it felt like home even though we are in a foreign country, giving us loads of tourist info and recommendations on food to entertainment. Room was spacious and clean. Housekeeping staffs didn't even took the tips we left for them daily. Breakfast was great with sufficient variety mostly for the westerners and dining there simply different from other hotel experience. Bellman was also very efficient and friendly. Only bad point will probably be the lack of proper and functional gym equipments in the fitness room. Overall, I had to say this whole trip has been one of my most pleasant experience because of this hotel. Thank you Silom City Hotel!!

Room Tip: Deluxe room! definitely worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ern1314
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

My guy & me stayed here for 4 days & we loved it!!
We booked delux room through agoda with smooth check in. The room was big with very comfy bed & everything else in place, except for the air con which had water dripping off, when the staff was informed about it they immediately upgraded the room to delux balcony & we thoroughly enjoyed our stay in that room. Their buffet breakfast is really nice with different menu each day. Food ordered from their resturant is good & their room service is quick. Though I would request them to extend their restuarant timings, as the last order is taken at 9:30 pm & no food served after that & finally during check out on a notice of 5 minutes a cab was arranged for us to go to DMK airport.

Pros : Extremly courteous & helpful staff, prompt Sevices, English spoken very fluently by the staff & good food for reasonable rates.

Cons : No pool & the location is little interior but easily reachable.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Debashri B
Reviewed 19 June 2013

This is my 3rd time staying here and quite literally I feel like it is my Home in Bangkok. I was here ~2 years ago and I came back again this year for a longer stay: for the friendliness of the staff, clean and efficiently serviced rooms, a hearty morning breakfast with eggs the way you like it, a restaurant serving simple yet delicious meals, a fast and free internet service, a cozy/warm atmosphere with none of that glittery cold BIG HOTEL grandeur, a very affordable price and LASTLY - a lively local surrounding; just a few steps down you will hear Hindu Worship Ragas blaring out of a cigarette shop which would want to make you get on your knees right there and pray to Shiva - very, very spiritual.

Room Tip: I liked the 4th floor the best
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jhorell
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at Silom City Hotel. The staffs are very friendly. The buffet breakfast was great. Cleanliness is maintained. The rooms are clean and are really big. Recommended for travelers who are on a budget. Conveniently located near the Surasak and Chong Nansi BTS stations. There’s a wet market nearby, a weekend flee market, and access to a variety of street food! I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed: June 2013