I stayed here for three weeks in May in a superior room on the eighth floor. No real complaints about the room it was a decent size and everything (apart from the radio) worked. The walk-in shower had a head that couldn't be moved, but otherwise did the job. My biggest complaint was with the A/C which couldn't be adjusted low enough, so it was either too cold with it on or too hot with it off. The TV had a reasonable selection, but with no film or music and only one sport channel could be improved.
Wi-Fi is available in the rooms, but I mostly used one of the three PC's in the lobby area for guest use. There is also someone on hand to book tours/taxi's answer questions who is not quite a concierge but better than nothing. I should also mention at this point that all the staff were friendly and helpful during my stay.
The buffet breakfast was good value and had a decent selection of both hot and cold food and drinks. The only criticism was that it didn't change much on a daily basis, a bit more variety would have been welcome.
I never saw the restaurant open in the evening, but food could be ordered and eaten in the cafe (lobby area), by the pool/bar or in your room. I only visited the pool/spa/bar on the fourteenth floor once and wasn't tempted to go back, but others may appreciate it.
There are a few places to eat within walking distance, but it's not in a very touristy area and mostly I walked to the nearby MRT station and went elsewhere. Also it's worth mentioning that the hotel is behind a row of shops so is not actually visible from the road. There are large blue signs which direct you to the entrance and exit so look out for those.
Overall I would recommend staying here, despite it's faults as it does enough things right to be seriously considered for those travelling on a budget.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable Modern Hotel located in the heart of the city & within walking distance of shopping & entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Pinnacle Lumpinee Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel And Spa
- Pinnacle Lumpinee Hotel Bangkok
- Pinnacle Lumpinee Bangkok