I stayed at the Royal Benja recently in room 2408 for a few nights as a friend was staying there also.
- huge room
- very clean
- 5min walk from Nana BTS station
- comfy bed
- great shower
- close to restaurants, a Foodland supermarket, 7-Eleven etc.
- booked a double bed, got a twin room
- internet mostly slow and unreliable @ 100 baht/hr or 300 baht/day
- breakfast nothing special
- 'mini-bar' was an empty fridge
- no real amenities in the room, got a pad/pencil, a few bathroom things and that was it... no robes, no iron, no info in the room about local area etc
- kettle provided but no cups (two glasses...), coffee sachets or teabags... (even the dodgiest guesthouses/hostels i've stayed at give you a lousy teabag or two!!!)
- room service very poor options for vegetarians/vegans, nothing special in general
- near a red-light area so not especially pleasant at night
- extremely unfriendly and rude woman behind the desk when i checked out. Just barked '25 baht' at me for a room to room phone call. No 'thanks for coming, hope you enjoyed your stay' etc. Didn't even make eye contact and behaved as though I was annoying her or interrupting her day. Very poor customer service, door guys were ok.
I suspect perhaps the hotel is cutting corners because of fewer tourists currently visiting the city etc. This has the potential to be a fantastic hotel, but it is certainly not 'luxury'. I won't stay here again unless desperate.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Benja Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Benja Bangkok
- Hotel Royal Benja