It's our second time staying in a Somerset Serviced Apartment. Our first time was just great and Somerset has just become a wonderful option for us in every city that we will visit in.
Location was somewhat far from being accessible. When you're in a city like Bangkok, you would want to be walking distance the nearest BTS or MRT. However, I find that this is an acceptable trade for the extra space that you're getting. Besides, I also like staying in a quiet location. As mentioned in other reviews, Somerset also provides a tuktuk service to the Sala Daeng BTS station every 30 minutes (from 930pm to 630pm). There was a time that the Tuktuk was late by 15 minutes but mainly because it was rush hour and nothing can be done about it.
Although the rooms were far from being immaculate, it was clean, chic, comfortable and very homey. It's very good value and it's really like a home away from home.
But like our homes, it should be refreshed once in a while and I think Somerset Park Suanplu is due for one:
- some of the walls can use a paint job
- some of the units may need to be "aired" once in a while if not being occupied for more than a week; it was evident that our unit (room 1601) has not been occupied for quite some time because of the smell.
- the sink should also be checked
- the bed also didn't fit the headboard that I wonder if there was a bigger bed before
- CRT television???
The breakfast spread was great. There's a variety to choose from: Asian and Western which caters to the taste of most guests. However, quality for the Asian line-up was a hit or miss which made me think if they have different chefs every day. In the five days that we were there, we enjoyed day 1 and day 5.
In terms of service, everyone was courteous and helpful. The housekeeping team needs to pay more attention though on items that needs to be replenished.
If you're staying in Bangkok for more than 3 days, I suggest that you try Somerset Park Suanplu. Although it's far from the busy streets of Bangkok, it's what you would want in a home --- a place where you can recharge after a day of exploring a buzzing city like Bangkok. Plus, did I tell you it's a good value for money?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These modern and superbly appointed serviced residences are nestled in a private garden, just minutes from the business district of Silom and Sathorn Road. Ideal for corporate housing and interim accommodation, each residence is designed for the discerning individual with contemporary designs and modern technological conveniences. Within walking distance to many business, cultural and tourist destinations, there is also convenient access or easy walk to Lumpini subway station will get you around Bangkok efficiently. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Somerset Park Suanplu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Park Suanplu Bangkok
- Somerset Park Suanplu Hotel Bangkok