This is my "go-to" lodging in Bangkok. While it's not the best value for money, the friendly and accommodating staff more than make up for the flaws. It's one of the best places for business travelers visiting Bangkok. They've upgraded to a new Internet provider (DoCoMo), and that has made a BIG difference ... breakfast is simple but adequate ... the pool is nice ... but what does it for me is the friendliness and attentiveness of the staff ... they always make me feel welcome and like I'm returning HOME ... good news for a weary business traveler in search of a place to call home between assignments.
The location is PERFECT. It's close to Bangkok's financial/business and diplomatic districts (Embassies of Australia, France are within walking distance, and the US, UK Vietnamese, Pakistan Embassies are all within a short train - BTS - ride). There are now several decent restaurants within a short walk ... and loads more within a 15 minute walk on/around/Silom ... the main business district. The hotel has a shuttle to one of the nearest BTS stations (Saladang), and is within walking distance to another (ChongNonsi).
The street in which it's located provides foreigners with a taste of typical Bangkokian life ... with a local market just down the street, and delightful residential neighborhoods one can explore by foot. It's also very close to a few Big Box stores and department stores and Western-style supermarkets in case you need to do some shopping ... and the shuttle drop-off point is Silom Complex ... where you can find loads of stores, restaurants, coffee shops, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- These modern and superbly appointed serviced residences are nestled in a private garden, just minutes from the business district of Silom and Sathorn Road. Ideal for corporate housing and interim accommodation, each residence is designed for the discerning individual with contemporary designs and modern technological conveniences. Within walking distance to many business, cultural and tourist destinations, there is also convenient access or easy walk to Lumpini subway station will get you around Bangkok efficiently. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Somerset Park Suanplu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Somerset Park Suanplu Bangkok
- Somerset Park Suanplu Hotel Bangkok