“very good”

Ranked #133 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Rome, Italy
“very good”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

we stayed there for 3 nights at january...beautiful,spacious hotel,spotlesly clean,very nice service all around,and excellent breakfast:)
our room was very good,bed is just hard enaugh&huge,shower is excellent,wifi available all around hotel...
if ever in Bangkok again love to stay there!

1 Thank Carloeu
Sirikul K, PR Director at Mandarin Hotel Managed by Centre Point, responded to this review, 2 February 2016
Dear Carloeu
Thank you very much for sharing your generous feedback on TripAdvisor. Your feedback is valuable for us and we already passed this comment to our team. They are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We wll try our best to maintain our quality and the things cherished by our guests.
Once again thank you for staying with us, we are looking forward to being of service to you again in the near future.
PR Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Oslo
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 11 days in November 2013

Nice renovated hotel with classy look rooms with Japanese style toilet is a welcome luxury!
The room have a microwave and a medium size refrigerator and free WiFi.
Breakfast is a buffet with lots of warm food, egg, bacon, fish, chicken, pork, pancake, vegetables and desserts.
24 hours room service available- fast and yummy.
House keeping is Okay but they nock on the door even if the Do not Disturb sign, is on the Door
There is a smal gym and very nice swimming pool.
Close bye you have loots of different dinning places, cafes and shops. The Tube / underground is close bye.

Hotel staff is very polite and helpful

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaDexx
Sirikul K, Pr Director at Mandarin Hotel Managed by Centre Point, responded to this review, 2 February 2016
Dear MaDexx
Thank you very much for taking your valuable time to write your kind feedback on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to know that you had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed the breakfast the room and the location of the hotel. Meanwhile we are so sorry for the inconvenience that occured to you due to our hosekeeping staff which we had already notified them for this matter. Our staff will do their best to fulfill all your needs to make your next stay most memorable. Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention which will help us to improve our services and operation.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Hotel again in the near future.
Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights from January 7, 2014. The hotel is a refreshing treat for us who stayed in budget hotels during our Indochina trip, and the hotel definitely exceeds our expectations.

1. Service is excellent, everyone is friendly and attentive. From the staff who helped us with our luggage to the staff in the check-in counter, they were all great. They all have wonderful smiles and will surely make you feel home. Because we need to leave the hotel early on our last day (Jan 9), they even gave us boxes containing our packed breakfasts which is as good as the ones they are serving in the buffet table.
2. The room is very clean and new. Linens were crisp and the bed is not too soft nor not too hard, just the right comfort. Everything works great, from the TV with many English channels to the nice toilet seat that lets you control how you want your bottom to be washed :).
3. The bathroom including the toiletries were nice and very clean.

I will surely stay again at this hotel when I visit Bangkok again. Definitely, I am recommending this place to everyone.

3 Thank spikeLP
Sirikul K, PR Director at Mandarin Hotel Managed by Centre Point, responded to this review, 8 February 2016
Dear spikeLP
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor. Feedback from our guests are always valuable for us. It's great to know that you had a nice stay here at the Mandarin Hotel and that you enjoyed the room, the bathroom,the food and the services provided by our staff. We had already passed your kind comment to our staff to ensure that your next stay with us will be most memorable. Our staff will do their best to fulfill your needs for your next stay. Once again thank you very much for staying with us, we really appreciate your recommendation.
We look forward to welcoming you to Mandarin Hotel again in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The biggest problem with this hotel is its management.
Its very brand new, so its would get 8/10 on its hardware other than :
1) You climb 5+10 steps walked 300 meter before you reach the reception.
No one would bother to help you as you read further in my report later
2) I booked a deluxe room which Agoda indicated 30 SM. Its at most 25 SM in my assessment.
3) Most people commented that its clean. I feel they have confused the words clean and new. No doubt, its very new, no more than 3-4 months I think.

Why is it so bad ? Thanks to the staff and I attribute this to the poor management
1) No one would help you when you step in. The bell boys would continue with their chatters.
2) On my last day, the bell boy demanded me to pay 500 THB for a taxi (not hotel limousine) he I need his help to halt one to the airport. I knew its a scam. I walked out and in the end paid only 280 including toll fees to the airport. Why did the hotel allow this to happen.
3) There are always only one or at most two staffs at the receptionist. I paid special attention to this after reading comments from many reviews. I used their counter service twice. The staff is slow. Don't expect a smile or thankyou.
4) I called at least three times to the house keeping and guest service hotline at about midnight.
No one answered (its three times each to two lines). Really strange to me after staying in all sorts of hotel last 30 years. But I overheard a man screaming for the same complain, no one answered his call when he wanted something on my check in. Even if they are busy, shouldn't they return call to my room.
5) On the second night, I called again about 8 pm. I was more fortunate, my calls were answered. But I had to make 5 (FIVE) calls before the extra pillow I wanted was delvered to me about one hour later.
6) They didn't replenish amenities throughout my four days of stay there.
I didn't ask for change of bedsheet or pillows case. But usually hotel does it after two nights everywhere.
7) They provided used slippers (disposable type) in the room. I said that because its spoiled and stained. I happen to see the chambermaid on my way out of the room. I requested for a new pairs. She acknowledged but she did not do it.

The only commendable thing besides being new is they provide very decent breakfast.

Was not a choice place. they are currently charging quite low like 60 USD including breakfast.
That's acceptable rate. If they start to charge like 80-100 USD, you better go for other alternative. Its not a four stars hotel really with the cracks I highlighted.

14 Thank Haoqingren
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Finish of the hotel is faultless. Public areas excellent. Bedroom a little small and disappointed the wardrobes/doors were basically shiny laminate wood. As other reviews, bathroom was top notch - with nice thick towels and HOT water. Toilet seat bit OTT but even the seat can warm your bottom if you want (not sure what happens if the electric failed....)
Bed also very comfortable and good quality bedlinen. Slippers but NO bathrobes, which I would have expected from this grade hotel. Also in the room was a microwave(?) and an (empty) refrigerator(?).
HOWEVER - it is away from the bustle and there are no laces to eat withing walking distance - hotel restaurant looked good but dead and empty.

What really annoyed me was at the start of our three night stay I aid for our rooms in advance by debit card. They then asked for 2000baht Deposit - why i do not know and did not get an answer, as there wasn't even a mini bar in the room. They would not take a debit card for this and said it had to be a credit card or cash, which I reluctantly did, although I felt like just finding another hotel.
They also did not refresh tea/coffee supply.

Would I return there? No. I will go back to my usual place - the Parc Plazza in Soi18. Wssn't what I expected form the Mandarin.

Room Tip: We were not bothered with the view (although booked with 'City View). Our room on second floor...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Graham P
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Lovely hotel in a good location to all amenities.

Rooms done to a good standard which includes safe deposit box, tv with a good variety of Chanel's, beds very comfortable and a bathroom done to a high spec the electric toilet is truly amazing. Restaurant very clean and well staffed. Good food served that caters for all.

I believe this hotel and been closed but now re opened. Exceptionally good for the money paid.

Staff receptive and friendly. My only comment is that the swimming pool is in the shade all day so for sun bathers it may not be for you however, if your like me and run out of the sun then this is ideal. But I should imagine the hotel is not maximised for this reason I wonder if management / company have any plans to change this as I think it would be well worth the investment in the long run. Everything else is perfect.

Check in was fast and efficient, we were even allowed to check in earlier because the room was ready. Thank you staff.

Room Tip: In walking distance to night markets and Silom area so not far out. The roads outside the hotel is t...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1971JohnM
Sirikul K, PR Director at Mandarin Hotel Managed by Centre Point, responded to this review, 12 February 2016
Dear 1971JohnM
Thank you very much for sharing your generous comment on TripAdvisor. It 's great to know that you had a nice stay and that you enjoyed the location, room, restaurant and services, provided by our staff. Regarding the issue concerning the sunlight at the pool, in the winter, the sunshine around the pool will be from 12.00 noon to 14.00 hrs. In the summer, the sun will shine longer, lasting from the morning to late afternoon. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your kind understanding. We really appreciate your comments and suggestions.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Finland
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Our last night in Thailand we preferred this hotel.
Nice and very clean. A bit far from the shopping (2-3 km) but tuk tuks take you easy to and from.

The hotel staff is very helpful and polite. Proffessional.
The breakfast was nice.

The hotel rooms have even an "electronic" toilett :-)

The choise of the hotel, was because it was near to the metro station and easy to reach the Skyline as well as the Expresstrain to the airport. But I guess there are many others as good as this ones.

Room Tip: Be aware for taxidrivers that do not understand were you should travel. We wanted taxi to the metro...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sirikul K, Executive Assistant Manager at Mandarin Hotel Managed by Centre Point, responded to this review, 16 February 2016
Dear ghwoman50
Thank you very much for sharing your kind feedback with us. We are very happy to know that you had a nice stay and you enjoyed the room, the breakfast, the location and the services, provided by our staff. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated. We have already passed your comments to all our team to ensure that your next stay with us will be more memorable.
Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Executive Assistant Manager