“NSW Australia wonderful service once again!”
Review of Indra Regent Hotel

Indra Regent Hotel
Ranked #303 of 871 Hotels in Bangkok
Goulburn, Australia
“NSW Australia wonderful service once again!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stay at the Indra on a regular basis and cannot speak high enough of the front end manager
Mr Bob and his staff. They are always friendly and helpful NOTHING is too much trouble for any of them. We are looking forward to returning to this great hotel again in November.
Andrew,Wendy and Jacob
Australia

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2013

After being told how wonderful this hotel was I was not happy at all.The reception staff where not friendly.The room was discusting with mould in the toilet,showers and the floor was filthy.Great location if you want to shop and the guy at the pool bar was wonderful.Not up to standard if you ask me and the new owner needs to put alot into this hotel to bring it up to scratch.I for one will never stay there again. Don't get me wrong I am far from a snob as I camp and caravan on a regular basis but I expect friendly staff and cleanliness

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear jaywaypacific,
Thank you for your recent stay at Indra Regent Hotel.
We sincerely apologize that due to full occupancy during June our housekeeping may not up to par. Rest assured your feedback has been brought to the attention of our reception and housekeeping staff to improve their service.
We do hope to have a chance to show you our improvement on your next visit to Bangkok!
Udom V.

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Central Coast
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The General Manager is a charming Gentleman who is trying his very best to run this hotel on an obvious shoe string. This is the perfect hotel for shopping in Pratanum but needs money spent on upgrading immediately.Staff have been cut from 400 to 183 and that is reflected in the miserable welcome at reception. No free internet access. Toiletries have been reduced greatly. Cleaning is not suitable to Australian standards but used to be and the hotel was largely used by Aussies. Now it is like visiting India.This was now our tenth visit so we noticed a huge decline. We stayed for two weeks. High time that the Owners of this Grand Hotel spent money bringing it back to it's former glory and appreciated staff that they do have who are working very hard. The Reception staff are are a huge let-down to the hotel.Bleach will rid the bathroom tiles of mould and mildew on the walls and bath safety mat and the disgusting plastic shower curtains need to be binned and replaced with washable nylon ones at least. The towels are sadly not suitable for washing one's dogs.I can see how some staff are trying so hard to keep the hotel going but the owners must wake-up as there is new competition in town!

Room Tip: We had two rooms in our party and both were well below standard.
1 Thank RRetiredCentralCoast
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
Dear Retiredcentralcoast,
Thank you very much for your support over the years and for your valued comments.
It was my pleasure talking to you at breakfast during your stay but quite surprised to receive this negative feedback as you seemed contented with my explanation and your bathroom issues were resolved right away.
Your quoting of staff numbers at our hotel is not accurate. Staff number fluctuates depending on occupancy between 200 to 500 staffs during the past 40 years, in line with other 4 star hotels of the same caliber.
I would also like to explain that due to environment-friendly green initiative, we have downsized toiletries to basic items with extras being available on request only. Our housekeeping did provide extra amenities according to your request throughout your stay.
As for your comment regarding reception staff letting you down, I am sorry they were unable to grant your family complimentary Sala Thai dinners due to your booking through an agent did not include this offer. Due to your long stay, I was able to assist in granting a complimentary late check-out for both of your rooms.
If there is anything else I can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to send me an email at gm@indrahotel.com.
llondon
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We paid 600 baht for 24 hour Internet access, only to find out when we got to our room that the wireless Internet only worked in certain parts of the room. When calling the front desk I was told that the Internet didn't work well o. The upper floors and that the 600 baht I paid was non refundable.

When I explained that I would expect that to have been explained to me especially when I was asked to provided my room number when buying the access, the hotel representative started to raise his voice down the phone to me - not the type of customer friendly approach I would expect for someone working in the hospitality industry.

Avoid at all costs.......

1 Thank gumbiestar
Dear gumbiestar,
Kindly accept my apology for your disappointment with our WiFi policy. Our hotel WiFi is outsourced to an outside company therefore charge is nonrefundable. However please be informed that should your in-room WiFi signal is weak, you may access WiFi at hotel public areas such as the lobby and 4th floor. For guests requiring a short amount of time on the internet, we suggest becoming a Facebook fan of Indra Regent Hotel which allows complimentary internet usage at our Business Center.
It concerns me that you feel you have not been provided with the information about our WiFi policy in an appropriate manner. Our front office manager who spoke to you deals with many queries and I have never received a negative comment prior to this one.
Thanks for drawing this matter to my attention and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The hotel is ideally located to delight those who travel to Bangkok with shopping in mind.
The hotel is well aged, maintained to a reasonable standard and provides for the needs of a short stay.
My only disappointment was the musky smells in the hallways.
A good basic hotel for a short stay.

Celbridge, Kildare, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights at the start and end of our holiday and found it an extremely comfortable stay, rooms were clean and staff were friendly. One minor nit was no wifi in the room.

There is a pool in the hotel - very clean and great in the heat of Bangkok

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reviewed 21 June 2013

A friend recommended Indra Regent, I booked this hotel still worried what we would get but boy was i glad we booked this hotel. Friendly staff, great location. Our room was clean and we couldn't be happier. We have booked Indra Regent again for our next trip in December 2013!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple