“TRAVELLERS CHOICE”

Ranked #298 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“TRAVELLERS CHOICE”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It is remarkable to note that the service of the Top Level management Mr.Bob and Mr. Manop - Reception in the Customer service were excellent and listening to the customers request and obliged to render their full hearted service without any hesitation and other room maid staff are very much delighted to serve us. It is highly recommended to stay this fine hotel which is surrounded by many shopping interest place, food outlets of our choices and the heart will be placed in a very relaxed and mood was refereshingly motivated.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ZEESHAN0204

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Was too sure about going to Bangkok but happy we did. This resort is situated in the middle of a shopping Haven and even a shopping mall apart of the Hotel. Prices and the amount of things were the best here out of all our travels. Food was great and the service was great also. Rooms were clean and beds comfy. We only stayed for night and found this place was exactly what we aimed for...

Room Tip: we stayed on the 14th floor with a great view...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracey H
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My two grandchildren and i stayed here for 3 nights on our way back from Europe. Rooms was large enough for 3 single beds and room to sit. Very clean. Staff were friendly and Tour desk in the Hotel very helpful.Shopping centre attached to the hotel was fine and prices pretty good. McDonalds also attached to this Hotel.Children can feed the fish at certain hours of the day. Room included breakfast, which was more than adequate. Would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: Room can include breakfast so economical to stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Namwon, South Korea
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Indra Regent hotel for 3 days with my parents. The rooms were clean and it was pleasant to sleep there. I didn't feel like the staff was very helpful in answering questions about general touristy things. We ended up talking to an Australian man that was a lot more helpful about things around the area. The hotel DOESN'T have free wifi.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 15 February 2014

location is good and near shopping center, breakfast good but not excelent , the room can be cleaner. bathroom is very old and not repaired good.there is shopping center in this hotel with good price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
nsw
Reviewed 14 February 2014

This hotel has gone past it used date it,s not worth the money any more, I have been staying at this hotel for the last ten years and I see it sadly go do the drain its just lost the nice things that it once had that made it a good hotel, now theirs a lack of service and from now on, I would rather stay some place else and will do so. It really need a make over with new training for workers

To start with no door man to help you into the hotel or open the door for you after a day of shopping or to help you get your bags out of a taxi which is need for women
Not only that as I was walking out of the hotel I was approached by a slizey of a man offering to take me to a brothel not in the ten years before has this happen at the Inrdra, and no help in getting a taxi, the Bathroom floor not cleaned still hair on it.

The breakfast I was told it was on the 4th floor but I went to the 5th floor as I alway has I was told by the lady that this is for groups only ( deftly a lie ) I told her its not seeing early this year that's where I eaten and walk in as I been at this floor an eaten at the same place for many times and I know that it's where to have breakfast, I did notice that I was the only European that was eating there. They was not the choices that they had in the past I also seen that there is no more omelet service they and no bacon as well I was wondering about that then I looked around to see that most on the people are Muslim explanation for no bacon.

Next day I went to the 4th floor for breakfast what a surprise bacon on the menu hmmm and only Europeans sit down to eat.
Why is it they are segregated different people are we not in a world that should all sit together to eat? What kind of management is this?
I also can't understand why are they no knives on the table and only forks is it not more sensible to put both a knifes and forks what don't you Get we need to cut out food. I was told that I have to go get my one knife

This is not a four star hotel three at the best cheap hotel around the corner much better and cleaner, for a cheaper price or you can always stay at the Amani watergate which I will be staying at from now on and your be treated like your special.

Room Tip: Walk around hotel lots to see in side streets
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank darylme01
UdomIRH, General Manager at Indra Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear darylme01,
We do apologize for your disappointment with our services. Additional staff coaching will be carried out to improve our overall guest experience.
Regarding breakfast, we would like to clarify as follows:
Due to different food preferences and limited restaurant capacity, breakfast is served in two areas--Garden Terrace on 5th floor (outdoor) catering to Asian group tours and Botanica on 4th floor (indoor) catering to independent travelers. Please do not view it as segregation since the group tours have requested to the hotel to set up this way.
Our usual table set-up is both knife and fork therefore we presume the knives from your table may have been taken by another guest or forgotten to be refilled by our staff.
Thank you for your stay, we hope you would come visit us again so we have the opportunity to regain your confidence with us.
Sincerely Yours,
Udom Vanichkajorn

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I have stayed at Indra Regent Hotel 17 times. It is the best hotel in Bangkok because of the excellent position, friendly and helpful staff, great food and good value. The reception staff and the front office manager , Mr Taweesak are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. The Bell captain, Parchoom has always greeted guests with a smile,has always helped with suggestions on where to go, orgganises taxis etc.,The position of hotel is in the middle of best shopping area, outside door is 100''s of shops,massage, transport, skytrain,entertainment, Under the hotel is 3 levels of shops, also a huge eatery with McDonalds, KFC, Black Canyon and more. I usually come by myself and feel safe.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo