“Ok hotel for the price” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viengtai Hotel - TEMPORARILY CLOSED

Viengtai Hotel - TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Ranked #311 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Gold Coast, Australia
“Ok hotel for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Have now stayed here three times, so know what I am talking about.

The good:
- friendly and helpful staff
- location (also a bad thing, see below)
- clean rooms
- the pool is an added bonus

The bad:
- location (very noisy and busy, located in a backpacker district so if this isn't your thing then stay away)
- the wifi. The wifi at this hotel is the single worst I have ever experienced, and I've stayed at some truly horrendous hostels across SE Asia. It connects easily enough but is so hideously slow that it takes 20 minutes +++ to send an iMessage. The free computers they offer in the lobby are no better and were so slow I couldn't even check into my flight on them. It's not acceptable in 2014, and misleading to advertise that they offer free wifi as it's of no use at all and we has to go to nearby restaurants to use their wifi.
- staff don't communicate with each other. I was sent email confirmation of a late checkout until 3pm yet on the day I was to checkout I received a call to my room at noon asking if I'd be checking out soon or else I'd be charged an extra night
- the "deluxe" room I paid extra for on my third stay is a bit of a joke. It was located on the second floor looking over the street and was so awfully loud that I didn't sleep a wink. You'd think that a more expensive room would be higher up and facing away from the street, not closer to it!

Overall an ok hotel but I've had my fill. My next trip to Bangkok I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Viengtai, General Manager at Viengtai Hotel - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear s4172249

At Viengtai Hotel we are committed to creating memorable experiences for our valued guests and it is certainly a pleasure Viengtai got to welcome you at least 3 times. In the meantime I do truly regret to hear your feedback on the services both external and internal where guest opinion keeps us on our toes. I do apologize for any inconveniences caused and would like to assure you that your recent experience is not the typical standard of our hotel and your feedback will be shared within the management team to ensure that we consistently deliver a professional level of service.

We have also informed wifi provider to increase stronger signal and you are absolutely right, it is 2014 a weak signal is inexcusable. I honestly hope that we can have another opportunity to host you and your family back again. Should you need assistance with reservation, Please do not hesitate to contact our reservation team at +66 2282 5434 or email them at rsvn@viengtai.co.th

Suttiruk K.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our second time in this hotel in two years. I would go back again. Good service, excellent location, right in the shopping and party centre. The rooms are decent. Not excellent but no problems at all. I would not stay for more than 2-3 days though. Very busy neighborhood.

Room Tip: Get room in the back side, not on the street front. The party going on until 04 am on the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Viengtai, General Manager at Viengtai Hotel - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Rp B

Our location is one of our most talked-about benefits for our guest. There is abundance of shopping and dining alternatives in the area. And it is so easy to get around to other parts of Bangkok both by water and by land either TUK TUK or Taxi meter. I am glad our location has served you well.

Thank you for the fabulous review. It is absolutely wonderful to have you chose us for two times and I wish that the third time is nearby. Returning guest is one of complimentary kind and we sincerely appreciate it especially coming from you Rp B.

Sutiiruk K .
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Good location - within walking distance of some nice places to eat and 10 minutes from Koh pang road.

Clean hotel and rooms. No noise from street so could sleep.

Pool is lovely. We only went in after dark but was so peaceful.

We had the breakfast one morning but it wasn't great so opted to skip it the next day. Could be improved.

Hotel staff a little hit and miss. Most extremely helpful but one seemed annoyed when I used their safety deposit boxes. As if I was wasting her time. Nothing that should put you off though.

Taxis constantly outside asking for fares. Do your research into costs and you won't get ripped off.

We paid 200 baht to the weekend market and insisted the meter was on for airport transfers.

Good hotel overall.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Kir-J

Nothing is better than guest enjoyed their clean room and be able to rest peacefully at night. I am glad our hotel provides them all to you despite locates on an intense demanding street.

Great tip on costs researching, it is very kind of you. Also appreciate your kind words on the reception team that most of them are extremely helpful. Our staffs are handpicked and trained regularly to go extra mile in delivering excellent service. I do apologize that one of them has made off beam impression while you were using safety deposit boxes.

Please let us know when you are visiting us again, we will be more than happy to arrange a nice and quiet room for you. Reach out to us at rsvn@viengtai.co.th. Look forward to having you again.

Lithgow, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the perfect hotel for people who want to stay close to the vibrant Kao San Rd.We were 5 family members who stayed in one room which was huge for 3 nights.The family rooms are positioned at the back of the hotel to lessen the noise from outside (we heard nothing).Free wifi is available although it didn't seem to work if more than 2 of us logged on at the same time.There is a lack of drawer and cupboard space but we didn't mind for 3 nights.There is a safe in the wardrobe which is always a bonus and a free bottle of water every day.The shower was great (we have stayed in places where the water goes hot and cold).We overlooked the pool which we used every day for a couple of hours to cool off from the stifling heat but there is a lack of sunlounges however. The fun begins as soon as you leave the hotel foyer.The street is full of bars, massage parlours and tailors.We had breakfast here every morning while we planned our day and our first drinks of the evening to plan our night."Susies little walkway"takes you straight through to Kao San Rd.What more could anyone ask for.My daughter has stayed at Viengtai four times now and it was my first but I can guarantee that it will be my future destination when I return to Bangkok.The price and location of Viengtai is second to none.

Room Tip: Our family room had one king bed which my grandaughter shared with her mum and aunty and two single...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Viengtai, General Manager at Viengtai Hotel - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Christine B

My feeling is over the moon receiving 5 stars rating and being trusted by your daughter for four times and this time she brought you along. Bangkok is a warm city I am gratified our pool and free bottle of water have served you well.

Our location has garnered rave reviews and I am elated that you found the proximity of eateries and nearby shops highly convenient. Your words are visibly heartening to us. My staffs, as much as I, deeply appreciate your endorsement and promise of future assistance.

Suttirak K.
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Right in the center just a street away from Khao San Road, but far enough away you don't get the noise. Friendly staff, speak great English, great foot massage place downstairs. the best bit is the pool on humid days coming back to soak is heavenly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Viengtai, General Manager at Viengtai Hotel - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Sez101

Relaxation is one of the ideas for holiday. Learning from your review Viengtai hotel not only provides accommodation but offer alternative to loosen up by getting massage or gets rid of humidity in our swimming pool is great knowledge and seem like we have reach our guest’s vacation purposes.

Further thanks for sharing such positive feedback about our warm, friendly, English efficiency staff. We also feel fortunate to be positioned in incredible location within a stone throw from eateries and night actions. It would be nicest feeling for us if you choose to return to stay at Viengtai again.

Suttirak K.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I spent one night here as part of a tour and it was great. Basic hotel, but cheap and a good location. Literally 2 mins walk to Khao San Rd which is full of bars, restaurants and market stalls.
Can be quite noisy at night though, as the bars stay open until the early hours and you can hear the music from your room. This area of Bangkok is a haven for backpackers, so probably wouldn't recommend for families. All in all, this is a good cheap basic hotel if you're seeking a bit of Bangkok nightlife. Staff were efficient and friendly and the rooms very clean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Shellyd24

Thank you for giving us your constructive feedback following your recent stay at Viengtai Hotel. I appreciate yours details observation which allows us to enhance the great location experience as well as to improve.

Locating on busy activities street has its perk. Bars, Restaurant, Market as you mentioned literally 2 minutes walk along with full function facilities inside hotel and very well looked after clean rooms to welcome you back after having the benefit of Khao San Street. I am pleased hear you received them all during your stay.

We just got into our best fruits season and it is going to be spectacular Mangoes, Durian, Rambutan, etc. I hope that you will return soon to try mouthwatering fruits season.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is a street from Khao San Road with an alleyway opposite taking seconds walking!
Excellent rooms with air con and a lovely swimming pool.
Helpful staff and tuk tuks / taxis outside - tip, taxis are much cheaper!
Plenty of restaurants and street food right outside and the ferry terminal is about 10 minutes away.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Viengtai, Manager at Viengtai Hotel - TEMPORARILY CLOSED, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear David K

5 stars rating, Wow I wanted personally to show my appreciation receiving your kind comment of support and encouragement by rating us 5 stars. Time is very precious for us these days, to be able to stay in a hotel that has all facilities and nearly everything right at door steps; wouldn’t we be the nicest choice to choose?

I am glad you’ve got to experienced the Viengtai great location either land or water transportation both within walking distance. Wish to see you enjoy effortless travelling in Bangkok again. Do let us know when you are back in town.