Have now stayed here three times, so know what I am talking about.
- friendly and helpful staff
- location (also a bad thing, see below)
- clean rooms
- the pool is an added bonus
- location (very noisy and busy, located in a backpacker district so if this isn't your thing then stay away)
- the wifi. The wifi at this hotel is the single worst I have ever experienced, and I've stayed at some truly horrendous hostels across SE Asia. It connects easily enough but is so hideously slow that it takes 20 minutes +++ to send an iMessage. The free computers they offer in the lobby are no better and were so slow I couldn't even check into my flight on them. It's not acceptable in 2014, and misleading to advertise that they offer free wifi as it's of no use at all and we has to go to nearby restaurants to use their wifi.
- staff don't communicate with each other. I was sent email confirmation of a late checkout until 3pm yet on the day I was to checkout I received a call to my room at noon asking if I'd be checking out soon or else I'd be charged an extra night
- the "deluxe" room I paid extra for on my third stay is a bit of a joke. It was located on the second floor looking over the street and was so awfully loud that I didn't sleep a wink. You'd think that a more expensive room would be higher up and facing away from the street, not closer to it!
Overall an ok hotel but I've had my fill. My next trip to Bangkok I'll stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- （Closed for renovation until Dec 2016） Viengtai Hotel Bangkok is located within the inner city, just one block from the famous Khao Sarn Road area. Viengtai Hotel has 200 comfortable rooms equipped with modern facilities. The hotel has a restaurant, 3 banquet rooms and convention/seminar rooms which can accommodate up to 300 people. At Viengtai Hotel, guests can relax at the outdoor swimming pool. From Viengtai Hotel, visitors can reach a series of important historical places, such as the Royal Grand Palace, various temples and the National Museum. The hotel is also just a short taxi-ride away from the shopping district of Siam and the party area of Sukhumvit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Viengtai Hotel - TEMPORARILY CLOSED reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Viengtai Hotel Bangkok