“Hotel in great location”

ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai
Ranked #267 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Brisbane
“Hotel in great location”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel is in a good central location and surrounded by tourist areas. They did mix up our airport transfer so nobody was waiting and we had to call the hotel.However they did then send a car and there was no problem for the return transfer. Room was clean and comfortable enough for grade of hotel, room service was prompt, and the staff helpful. On the whole, apart from the initial hiccup, the experience was positive and we would stay here again happily.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Viengtai, General Manager at ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear TinaBribane

I was disappointed to hear airport pre-arranged transportation hadn’t been smoothly as usual. I found out later that hotel reservation did send correspondence to the airport transportation organizer. However, the organizer had forgotten to put in their schedule. Again, apologize for regrettably inconvenient caused you.

Gratefully the rest of your stay was affirmative and I am cheerful to hear. Thank you for your very kind feedback about our prompt room service and supportive staff, we constantly gratified their attention to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you and family back to Viengtai Hotel again next time. Until then we wish all the very best to you for the year ahead.

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brno, Czech Republic
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I only stayed one night in the hotel, but I would for sure recommend the hotel to the people who want to stay close to Khao San road and to enjoy the city night life. I have stayed also directly at a hotel in Khao San road, but it was extremely noisy in the night at we could not sleep till 2am. In Viengtai, you are just one street away and you will get nice big rooms, really good breakfast, wi-fi in your room and quiet nights. The only week point is the hotel pool, which does not have any view and is not worthy of going to.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dalibor K

Your familiarity of Khao San road is very comprehensive, pointed out Viengtai advantage assets bear comparison with Khao San surrounded hotels. Your comment that Viengtai just one street away from the World-famous road yet competent to provide quite rooms for guests whom rest is vital at night also convenient for party like guests.

Thank you for the fabulous review. It is truly brilliant to have you with us. I am overjoyed to hear you found so many aspects of our hotel attractive. I couldn’t be happier than seeing your Thailand next trip has Viengtai included in your accommodation list.

Polegate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

very Comfortable hotel staff were very friendly, food excellent, internet not so good slow and some times no access at all. location very good lots of bars and places to eat close to pharmacy.
Very clean
One street over from the Khao San Road good for gifts clothes etc.
The tailers is inside the hotel cheap for cashmere suits.
I stayed in this hotel in December 2012

Room Tip: try to get a quiet room that is not facing the street bankok never sleeps.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Viengtai, General Manager at ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Chartlittle

Reading your post has fascinated me, been nearly two years since your last visit Viengtai hotel though that doesn’t get us off your mind. Your gentleness rated us 5 stars, I am over the moon. I took liberty to share your comment with our staffs both reception and food & beverage which I am confident your appraisal will inspire them to keep up the good work towards the best and beyond.

I truly wish to have you back as our guest again to see the latest Bangkok changes. Please do add rsvn@viengtai.co.th in your contact list, any other time you think of us, Viengtai is all set for you.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is in one of Bangkok's most touristy areas - Khao San.
Rooms are ok, but if you have a room against the road, it will not be quiet throughout the night as fellow tourists will be up and about.
The swimming pool is decent.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Viengtai, General Manager at ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Dear Peripateticously

The awesomeness of encircled recreational goes on every single night and day is indeed popular, most of the time noise uproar is inevitably. You are absolutely right that Viengtai stands tall in one of super busy-touristy in Bangkok and it is well recognized by visitors around the globe also your comment on the other side rooms are much quieter than road sides rooms is worthy for future travelers as well.

Thank you for spending your value time on reviewing us and for selecting Viengtai as your preferred choice of accommodation in Thailand.

Orange County, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We needed to spend one night in Bangkok while we waited for our flight next day. This was a perfect place to have something to do.

The location of this hotel is in the hart of the tourist area. You walk out the door and you see bars, shops, restaurants, live music etc. Awesome!

My usual review
1) towels were soft
2) sheets and towels clean
3) AC worked great
4) free wifi in room
5) lots of hot water
P.S. room had no safe

The room was very basic and dated. Very basic. Outside in the hallway they had buckets out with water dripping from the ceiling... lol

I found it funny how low the ceiling was in our bathroom... Very low hahaha

The staff were great.
Breakfast was OK... very basic... could have done without the breakfast.

So I would stay here again just to be in the hart of the tourist area and not need to cab it somewhere else. But for a longer stay probably not.

Overall I really have nothing bad to say about the palace...

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side that buts up against the parking garage. It is much more quiet on t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Viengtai, General Manager at ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear PT twice

I would like to genuinely thank you for your valued feedback on your recent stay with Viengtai. I am glad you enjoyed our soft towels, clean sheets, well function air-condition, efficient hot water. Thanks for appreciating our style of hospitality- we believe it’s important for every guest to experience the heart of Bangkok, Price wise with brilliant room quality.

We look forward to stay in touch with you and take good care of you when you are next in town please ask to use our safe deposit boxes at the lobby. They are free for all guest, you might love to know that water dripping from the ceiling in hallway was repaired nicely.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Good, clean and friendly 3 star. Mix of leisure and business guests. Large room, pretty Spartan but comfortable. Bed quite hard but still managed to oversleep! One block from Khao San Road which is as close as you'd want to be - very noisy and earplugs definitely recommended. Overlooking bars and restaurants on street below so noise of revelers continuing until at least 2am. Good breakfast, service fine.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear TravelSmarty111

Agreed, Viengtai location is second to none as we are right next to Khao San Street also it has harvested flattering reviews and served you well. Your feedback on noises from surrounded restaurants is much appreciated and I am delighted to assure you that we are actively working to improve noise disturbing, with double glass installation.

With comment like yours has sprung us to continually improve services providing to guests, thank you for your understanding and open-mindedness in our maneuver to resolve these matters. Please do not hesitate to contact our reservation at rsvn@viengtai.co.th directly to ensure you are well looked after on your next visit.

Sutiiruk K.
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 7 July 2014

On the whole I was very happy with the hotel in general and with my room. However, my experience was badly let down by the shower. I am only 6' (183cm) in height but I could not stand up straight in the shower without my head going through the polystyrene ceiling tiles. In my room this would've been a potential issue for anybody 5'10" (178cm) in height or taller. This unfortunately struck me as plain unacceptable, a lot of travellers are going to be taller than 5'10". This is not a problem I have experienced in any other hotel and not one I think a traveller should be reasonably expected to tolerate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear James R

Your recent stay feedback is greatly appreciated, whereas hearing your situation frustrates me. Allow me to apologize for the bathroom low ceiling inconvenient you had to endure. Please accept our assurance that we will seek to deliver a better experience on your next visit.

You may like to know that our plan to renovate has started and bathroom ceiling is one of the ideas. We hope that your recent stay has not marred your opinion of Viengtai and we hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you again.