“Absolute rip off!”

We Tour Thailand - Day Tours
Ranked #64 of 239 Tours in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: “WE TOUR THAILAND” is recognized by Tourism Authority of Thailand to organised familiarization trips for many overseas agents. We guarantees you and your love ones a wonderful touring Experience in Thailand. We provide an exclusive range of additional activities that are truly exceptional. You can immerse yourself in local culture to be part of the Thai experience, and not just an onlooker. We provide a wide range of travel services and activities in the key cities and regions of Thailand e.g. Bangkok, Chaingmai, Pattaya, Phuket, Kanchanaburi and Huahin etc.
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I had booked to do a 3 in 1 trip which was the floating market, Tiger Temple and the River Kwai Bridge including stopping off at the cemetry.
I had been told I would be picked up at 6:20am, at 5:40am, I got a call telling me to be ready by 6:10am....10mins makes a lot of difference at that time of the morning. Anyway the driver was in the lobby and we proceeded to pick up the other guests. The first part of the day was fine in terms of the scheduling and the floating market which was a lot of fun, after this the group split as not all was going to the tiger temple and river kwai bridge, this is when it started to go wrong. We drove on further for about an hour and had lunch, then we stopped off so people could ride the elephants which I was not aware was even on the schedule, though some of us didnt ride the elephants, he then asked if we wanted to go to the snake show....again this was not apart of the schedule, anyway, I figured I would go as it was better than waiting for the others to finish the elephant ride. Once we got to the snake show they wanted money to go in, so I just paid it and went it. By the time it finished, the van pulled up with the other passengers from the elephant ride. We then drove another hour or so to Tiger temple, spent most of the time queuing and people had to buy clothes to cover their legs or top halfs due to the monks. I had long trousers on and a shawl, the driver told me it would be ok but it wasnt so I had to buy a tiger t-shirt!! Once we got inside, you are wizzed around from 1 tiger to another whilst the staff take pictures. This was about 5-10mins, then it was time to go! The option to feed the baby cubs was not even an option. After we left the Tiger temple we went to the River Kwai bridge, where the tour guide said we had 10mins, at that point we ignored him and stayed around 20mins, we did not even see the cemetry. Spend more money and go with another tour operator.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We highly recommend We Tour for wedding services.. we had a great and very solemn wedding inspite of rainy day, staffs are very helpful, effective, dedicated and attends to everything that you need.. also recommends tour services, me and my wife love to travel and We tour made it easy for us, we really love and enjoy our Safari world tour, definitely we will love to travel with We Tour again!.. Thanks Kik and Irene for warmth welcome for me and lee, hope to see you soon! more power to your company!

-Tez & Lee

Reviewed 20 November 2013

First off, they were late, by more than 40 minutes (not nice when you are told pickup is at 7:30am - at least two other hotels also had pickup times of 7:30 - so they already knew they would be late for some of them). Including pickup of other people and the usual Bangkok traffic jams, we arrived at the grand palace at 9:45. I could have easily walked there in that time.
The guide provided basically the minimum information and a lot of dubious trivia and ushered people quickly from place to place - there was only one hour for the entire grand palace.
After that, it was time to split the group depending on the afternoon package, at "Gem Gallery" - yes, a huge gem "factory" doing the hard sell on bus-loads of tourists. I respectfully declined. After that came a very average lunch at a hotel buffet and then finally the three temples with the golden/reclining/standing Buddha, each with 20-40 minutes visiting time.
Then the tour guide told us that we would be going to the gem factory to switch cars before going to the hotels. *Again*. At this point, I just walked off and took a tuk-tuk to the nearest skytrain station. I also noticed that the van drivers have "Gem Gallery" nametags on them.
To sum up, you are paying We Tour Thailand money to waste a day of your time (with about 2.5 hours net at the attractions) and be shuffled into a gem shop, potentially more than once. Avoid and visit the attractions on your own.

2  Thank mkx2000
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I've known Irene for some years now, and can honestly say she is a brilliant guide and tour organiser. I asked Irene to arrange a guide for myself in Chiang Mai, and in Bangkok. Irene arranged for two really nice guides to work with me, she made sure that the guides turned up on time, and she spoke with me during each day to make sure I was happy with what had been organised.
I would absolutely recommend Irene for any project you might have in Thailand where you need a guide, or just someone to arrange sightseeing for you in Thailand.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

As a result of the many positive comments on TripAdvisor, especially by people whose opinion I have come to trust, we used We Tour Thailand for airport transfers and tours. My initial enquiries by Email were responded to very promptly and efficiently. I was very impressed by the voucher they sent us for the airport transfers which included clear instructions on how to find the pickup point at Door 3, complete with photos of the doors location. The driver was waiting for us at this point with a large sign with my name making is quite easy to find him. The return to the airport from our hotel was also very efficient with the driver arriving dead on time and delivering us to the airport in ample time for our flight.

We also booked 2 tours, those being: 1 • Combine 2 in 1:Floating Market & River Kwai Bridge + Historical Train Ride + Lunch on the Thursday and 2 • Royal Grand Palace & Emerald Buddha +Temple of the reclining buddha (Wat Pho) on Saturday. On both tours we were accompanied by Poppy as our guide and a driver.

Poppy was very informative and pointed out a number of places of interest on the drive to the floating market. When we arrived at the market she was full of information and made our visit so much more enjoyable with her insight, pointing out a number of things that we would never have noticed on our own. She also introduced us to local vendors who were selling produce they had grown themselves locally so it was very fresh at very cheap prices. The pork noodles cooked up for us by a lovely little old lady on a small boat was bloody delicious. Once we tried that we were disappointed that we had eaten breakfast at the hotel because we would have loved to eat a lot more of this beautiful authentic local food. We also had time to browse the stalls for shirts, hats etc. My wife told Poppy how she had promised our youngest granddaughter to get her a T shirt with butterflies on it but couldn’t find one anywhere. Plenty of elephants etc but no butterflies, oh well.

We then left the floating market and headed for the River Kwai and the train ride. Although I found the number of vendors a little disconcerting it was a wonderful experience to ride the train and witness the amazing construction carried out by the poor souls who were POW’s. During the train ride I noticed a number of other tour company guides sitting quietly by themselves leaving their clients to their own resources. In our case Poppy was constantly showing us points of interest along the way enriching the experience for us and helping us to understand what the POW”s went through. At the end of the train ride we had lunch in a restaurant beside the river and railway line built by the POW’s. The views were amazing.

We then drove to the cemetery and museum commemorating the POW”s who perished as a result of the inhuman treatment of them by the Japanese. A very moving experience.

For the second tour Poppy once again greeted us at the front door and introduced us to another young lady who was in training as a guide, unfortunately I can’t remember her name but she was a very pleasant lass who was also very helpful. Again, we enjoyed the tour of the Grand Palace and Reclining Buddha. The experience being so much more enriched by Poppys extraordinary knowledge.

I must say the tours were fantastic but what blew us away was something that happened on the second tour. Once we got into the car and were on our way Poppy handed my wife a parcel and said, “I have something for you.” My wife was delighted to find a beautiful T shirt with butterflies for our granddaughter in the bag. We were very touched by Poppy’s generosity and thoughtfulness. Every time we see our granddaughter in that shirt we will think of Poppy and the wonderful way that she looked after us on our tours.

I certainly hope that the management of We Tour Thailand realise what a magnificent asset they have in this lady. She is fantastic and I certainly will be recommending her to all my friends travelling to Bangkok. Thankyou Poppy.