“My First Stay in Salil Hotel @Soi 11”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
Ranked #127 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
KARACHI
“My First Stay in Salil Hotel @Soi 11”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed first there from 20 to 23rd Oct, booking from official website sounds better, very good breakfast , one way air port transfer free , amazing staff and surprisingly they speak good English , always smiley face of every staff.
Bring partner is not an issue , nice clean room and relatively new hotel.
Nearby nice restaurants , have some indian hotels as well, Nana BTS station is very near and Terminal 21 Mall also not very far.
I would really stay again

Room Tip: Rooms on the road facing are more better and higher floor
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this review, 9 November 2013
Dear KAMRAN S

As the saying goes, “you never get a second chance to make a first impression” and we are glad that we have given you a memorable experience. we are glad the breakfast, being the most important meal of the day, had energized your mornings.
look forward to your return visit soon.
w.sirikul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

My stay: 22nd Oct to 24th Oct
Objective: Day time business. Night time chill out
My opinion of the hotel:

1. Location: Fantastic - near shopping, BTS, lots of night clubs and street food at night
2. Staffs: Courteous, can speak English, good service
3. Room: Clean and comfortable.
4. Price: Reasonably good
5. Others: No problem bringing lady back to hotel. No joiner fee. Hassle free.
6. Conclusion: Will stay there again for my next trip in about a month later. And will also recommend my friends.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Andy S

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. So happy to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality.thank you for your kind recomened and pls tell your friend to mention you on their booking and we will offer you a free UPGRADE to Deluxe room on you next visit.
We would be delighted to assist with the details of your stay to ensure another wonderful experience at “Salil bangkok, sukhumvit 11”.
Bagram, Afghanistan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is a good location and has a friendly, helpful staff - Araya R. helped me with my reservation, very attentive -answered all my questions about the hotel in English. Salil has nice clean rooms with really good prices, strong WIFI too. I chose this hotel for the location mainly and price but was surprised and impressed with the accommodations and staff. I will stay here again for sure on my next holiday... James_AFG

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear James_AFG

we are so glad you have had a positive and memorable experience here at the Salil Hotel Bangkok. We all look forward to welcoming you back to “Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11” soon.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

It was my first time staying at Salil hotel after hearing many good reviews about the hotel. I decided to book 2 rooms;triple-sharing and twin sharing during my stay from 13th Oct to 16 Oct 2013. Overall, the buffet breakfast spread is sufficient to start the day. But it would have been more hygiene to cover the vegetables and fruits placed at the corner as I saw many fruit files flying around. Triple sharing room is not big but enough space to open our luggages for packing. Distance from Nana BTS to hotel is more than 3 mins walk ( approx, 5 to 10 mins actual walking. If you have luggages, it is about 10 mins) than what is claimed from the hotel website.

Close to amenities with baskin robins ice cream, starbucks and good eateries just acorss the road. There is also Villa Supermarket and a 7-11 store as you walk into Soi 11. No worries if you forgotten to pack the travel essentials from home as you can get them here.

Reception Staff Jan is pleasant and friendly making sure that our requests are looked into immediately during our stay.. Appreciate her warmly smile and arrangement for the limousine car pick up to send us to airport when we check out the hotel. Complimentary airport transfer if you book directly from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear apr5lyn

Thank you for sharing your Salil experiences on TripAdvisor, we appreciate your feedback on the Veggie line we will make a special mention to the team.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Shillong, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I choose Salil @ Soi 11 mainly for the location.. n glad I did.. It has one of the best locations in BKK if you are looking to experience the food (good street side food or some lovely cafés), drinks (the roadside VW converted bars, Q-Bar, Above 11, Cheap Charlie's), dance (Levels, BED Supper Club), shopping (Terminal21 and Siam just 3BTS away) & the naughty side (Nana Plaza 10mins walk & Soi Cowboy 15mins walk) of BKK.. everything is close by.

The rooms are a little small compared to BKK standards but has all the necessary aminities. Soundproofing needs to be improved as you can hear people from other rooms/corridor (other than that no issues).. I stayed in their superior room.. a queen size bed.. 32" LCD (not many english channels).. DVD player.. refrigerator.. hot water kettle for tea or coffee with cups and saucers.. mineral water refilled everyday.. drinking glasses (broke one and had to pay ฿100).. iron was available on request.. bathroom slippers.. electronic safe.. torch.. silent individual aircon and an umbrella (very nice for the rainy weather).

The bathroom was of decent size and came with a bath tub.

Was given free & good wifi for my laptop and phone (ask for a seperate cupon for multiple device as you can connect only one device on one coupon)

Breakfast was included with the price of the room.. had fresh fruit & vegitable salads.. different types of breads.. buns.. croissants.. cakes.. yogurt.. a few Thai dishes (which changed daily).. ham.. sausages.. juices.. tea and coffee.. and eggs was on order.

Had a wonderful stay and the staff was excellent & was always ready to help.. Language is a little issue but being in a non-english speaking country, it was understable.
Would definately stay here again.. Thanks to everyone for making it a lovely stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RajibDas
Dear RajibDas

You are indeed right when you say that everything is so nearby We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful experience at Salil Sukhumvit soi 11, and thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor. We hope to welcome you back again soon to experience yet another memorable stay with us.
Abu Dhabi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

My location preference when visiting Bangkok is Soi 11 as it has a great selection of eateries, bars and shopping plus it is well located for exploring on foot and via the BTS. I normally stay at the President Palace but decided this time to try the Salil which is directly across the road from the PP.

Salil is at a slightly lower price point than the PP and I was reasonably happy with my time there. The room was smallish but okay and was serviced well during my stay. The staff I met were competent and the location of the hotel is good. I will probably though revert to the PP for my next trip as I prefer their larger rooms, pool and club lounge. The price difference is not enough to compensate for Salil's lack of these facilities.

My stay was okay. I only had one issue of note and that is the lack of soundproofing in the bedrooms. The walls are paper thin and I could hear everything that was happening in the room next to mine.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Phil W
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this review, 20 October 2013
Dear Philip_Ward,

Thank you for sharing your Salil experiences on TripAdvisor. Should you have any more suggestions which you feel would help to maintain and possibly improve our standard of service, we would sincerely appreciate your advice.

Nina.sirikul
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Hi., My recent stay during the Weekend recently from Fri 11th Oct 2013 - 14th Oct 2013 was excellent.

The staff and personel there are very warm and their services are excellent especially the front desk.

Room wise is clean an good,

Things should look into for improvement :

1) Every Room should provide a Local Mobile phone with the number intact where quest can use and is chargeable upon checking out.

2) wifi - is strong there but should not have to log in everytime if we dont use it as is very troublesome. just need to log in once upon using .

3) The lift to the room is hot and i believe the company need to talk to the lift company as if the lift stop every floor or malfunctioning , the guest inside will be suffocated .

4) Food for the buffet Breakfast need to improve a little as I understand the price is reasonable for the food but need to provide a little more choices as i think the management should look more on Western Choices food and some asian Food as well.

Overal review, excellent for the Location , price and comfort. Will stay there for sure again.
Keep it up.

Jason T

Room Tip: High Floors and Corner unit should be good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Jason T,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your feedback on the lift and the breakfast. We would welcome any comment which would help us in improving our service. With our repeated thanks for your valuable comments.
eagerly look forward to your return visit soon.
Nina.sirikul