“Awesome place”

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11
Ranked #139 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Stayed there for 4d3n. Had a great time. Rooms are clean. Staff are polite.. love e location.. will surely come back with my other girlfriends.
maybe can improve more on the breakfast side.. nonetheless we enjoyed ourselves there..

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank linzaza
SalilManagement, General Manager at Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear linzaza,

We appreciate your feedback on the Breakfast.Thank you for your wonderful compliments and we eagerly look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel with a friend from 11/11/2013 to 11/18/2013. Sukhumvit Soi 11, where this hotel is located, is very popular with foreign nationals because of the number of bars and clubs located along this street. Taxis to other well-known nightlife areas such as RCA and Soi Cowboy are a 10 -15 minute ride and typically cost 150 - 200 Baht from this location. Therefore, if you are looking for a convenient base from which to go party, then Salil Hotel is an excellent choice. Note however that due to the party-goers who frequent this street, you will most likely hear people yelling and laughing from outside as they continue their revelry well past midnight.

I also found the amenities and rooms to be nice, spacious (compared to similar level hotels in Bangkok and really in Asia in general), and clean. The staff can communicate fairly well in English and they offer personal chauffeurs to key tourist locations throughout Bangkok. These chauffeurs cost roughly 1000 baht if you reserve them for a half-day (6 hours). We also asked our driver to take us to and pick us up from the beach town of Cha-Am, located 200 km south of Thailand. A round trip costs 5000 Baht and will take 3-4 hours one way, depending on traffic. Personally, I felt the staff was very generous in offering to drive us to and pick us up from a location so far away. We noticed several other travel packages to popular tourist locations within and around Bangkok being offered by the staff, with prices ranging 1500 to 3000 baht but we did not partake in those.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Beili L,

We are glad you love the rooms and amenities and we would be more than happy to have you back with us again.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Really good location as it is just down the street from Nana BTS skytrain station. The front desk staff are great. They were very helpful with directions to Wat Pho, Wat Arun and the Grand Palace. We booked 2 excursions through the hotel. The trip to Ayutthaya is good but beware of Bankok traffic on the way back. You get back much later than the estimated time. The Floating Market was also alot of fun but they make stops on the way back at an elephant attraction and a cobra show that you either pay extra for or wait in the van. Again getting back much later than expected. The area is very busy so if you're looking for a quite place this isn't it. There are some good pubs in the area and shopping is close. Our room was nice and clean. The bathroom was nice with a good shower and the room had much needed air conditioning! The breakfast had a variety of different foods all of which were very good. Overall it's a very nice place with great staff as long as you're fine with a noisy neighbourhood.

Dear Happy G,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. So happy to hear that you enjoyed our hospitality and that you liked the Breakfast. Our staff are trained to provide you with local connections in the city and we are happy that you were delighted in our impeccable service and that we were able to guide you to some fantastic places in Bangkok.Believe me, there are many more here in BKK and Sukhumvit 11 that is worth experiencing. We all look forward to welcoming you back to “Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11” soon.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This is was my first trip to Thailand and I picked this Hotel because of the location. We stayed for four nights. On the third day, the hotel was black out but lucky the hotel management offered us a glass of Thai Tea and some fries. All staff was great especially Pat from front desk. :)

Dear azuwa,

Thank you for your lovely comments.I am so fortunate to have a wonderful team working with me. We regret very much the inconvenience caused on the black out.
we eagerly look forward to your return visit soon.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Booked online through hotels.com. Booked the superior room and requested an early check in. When I got there early morning, I was told that the room I booked was not available and I had to pay extra for a deluxe room. I argued with them for 15 minutes but they wouldn't bulge. So I agreed. After this, they told me that even the deluxe room wasn't ready and therefore I couldn't check in at that time (9 am). They did however get the room ready by 12 noon.

The deluxe room was small but clean, the bathroom was nice too. All fittings were new and worked perfectly.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank raheellalani

Dear Raheel L,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.It is usually rather difficult to provide early check in room, especially high period. May us explain that the standard check in time is 2pm and the check out time is 12 noon. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. Appreciate your feedback on this. We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was our first trip to Thailand. For some reason I had booked only two nights instead of my needed three, but luckily I was able to book one for our first night when we arrived at 2am and Joe and the other man there were so sweet and accommodating. The first night we got a king bed on the 10th floor and it was quiet and comfortable and the room was cutely decorated with a lot of charm. Joe said there was a continental breakfast in the morning and I was thinking something like rolls and coffee, but it was so delicious with numerous hot food dishes that had vegetables and tasted so good and healthy after a long plane trip. Fresh fruit, salad, and of course the regular like toast and cereal and milk. I didn't realize until the second day that you could also order eggs.
My husband had some health issues with his back and Joe guided me to a place to get a cane, and Vit in the morning guided us to get a cab the hospital (there are many in Bangkok) where we had good service.
The second and third nights we had a double bed on the 8th floor that I had booked and it was also very comfortable. I loved the way the key card turned on the lights and AC. What a good energy saver.
This hotel is located near a lot of action, yet I felt it was quiet enough to sleep well, and I would like to come back to explore more in the future. Also, it is amazing how it seems like people know English. That was certainly a bonus.
We had to leave, and go back to the US because of my husbands back, so I don't know how to compare this with anyplace else, but I thought it was a very nice place to stay, and loved the breakfast.

Dear CapnJD,

As the saying goes, “you never get a second chance to make a first impression” and we are glad that we have given you a memorable experience.we are glad the breakfast, being the most important meal of the day, had energized your mornings. My associates and I are simply thrilled that we had given you and your husband a wonderful stay at Salil Hotel sukhumvit 11.Thank you for your wonderful compliments and we eagerly look forward to your return visit soon.
Hope your Husband get well soon

Reviewed 12 November 2013

[Room] clean, nice & good service but abit small.
Easy to travel to MBK, plantinum mall, siam square , central world and paragon.
nice breakfast.
Except the distance to BTS.
I hope that Salil Soi11 provide the TUK TUK service to nearest BTS station.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Queen884

Dear Queen884,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We all look forward to welcoming you back to “Salil Hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11” soon.