“Great hotel, convenient location”

Hotel Mermaid Bangkok
Ranked #190 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Really good location, middle of sukhumvit area, 10 mins from bts/underground, so getting around is really easy. Also walking distance from some large shopping malls, loads of places to eat within walking distance too.
We booked a deluxe room - really nice. Beds are huge, comfortable, and come with really good pillows, guaranteed a good nights sleep. Rooms are cleaned very well, excellent shower. Staff really friendly, always help you out if you need it. Also has a convenient tourist office in the hotel where you can book excursions etc. Didn't opt for breakfast, but there's a 7 eleven really close to the hotel so that was never a problem.
All in all, definitely a good choice!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank M P

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Surprisingly good pizza in the Captain's Pub, which also offers a very good Brazilian churriscaria menu. Service is spot on, the place is VERY clean and inviting, prices lower than I'd expected. A great choice for solos, couples, groups. Family friendly, but with the open floor plan a noisy child could be a problem -otherwise pretty quiet and even a bit romantic if that's what you're seeking. A very good choice for wide variety of well prepared, affordable meals with a classy but not stuffy ambiance.

1  Thank Bubba_Beernut
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Centrally, in the middle of Sukhumvit, great atmosphere. Corner suites are spacious, practical and comfortable. The mattresses are fantastic - and it is in reality the most important thing in a hotel. We´ll be back!

Room Tip: Take a Corner suite!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sulen2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent three nights at the hotel. We arrived at 4:00am and had no problem checking in and going to our room. We checked out at 2:00am very quickly with Great and professional service! I was impress by the cleanliness of our room, I loved the bed! honestly, it felt like home even when I was almost 9000 miles away. The hotel room was pretty modern and I definitely would go back here if I ever go back to Bangkok.We took a taxi from the airport (make sure to take a metered taxi) and it was only 30 min from BKK airport and about US$15 it was even cheaper and faster to DMK airport!
I did not eat at the hotel's restaurant so unfortunately I can't give my opinion, but if you want value for your money this is the place to stay!!!!
The hotel is 10m walk from the sky train and Terminal 21 which makes it extra convenient to get anywhere! If you planning to go around all day get the one day pass for the sky train it's worth it!
Staff speaks english and were very helpful!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tica T
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Pretty nice hotel in a good location. Staff were extremely helpful - I had a problem getting my laundry returned before I had to leave for the airport, the staff went out of their way to have it returned from the outside laundry service early so I did not have to worry about missing my flight- much appreciated

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Parko530
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Modern boutique hotel in Sukhumvit area. Clean, spacious, comfortable, and quiet. Relatively close to public transportation -- about a 10-15 minute walk to the MRT and BTS lines, and various bus lines run along Sukhumvit right past hotel. There are some good restaurants within a 5-10 minute walk, but not much in the way of shopping or tourism in the close vicinity of the hotel. Public transport is easy to use, though, so still worth considering for your visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yepogeta
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We finished up a thailand tour in bangkok and decided on the mermaid hotel after reviewing many great reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disappointed.

The bed and pillows were AMAZING! Very clean room and the bathroom was very modern and clean. There was no hair dryer in the room but we were able to ask for one. There is a small, but nice, pool on site as well which was a bonus for relaxing after a hot day of site seeing.

The hotel is a 5-7 minute walk to either the skytrain or MRT which makes the location very accessible. Plus there are a bunch of good restaurants, bars, Terminal 21 shopping mall. Made getting around VERY easy.

I was traveling with another female friend and we felt very safe at the location - even at night.

The only downside we found was we pre-booked an airport pickup for 750 baht via the hotel and discovered this is VERY expensive so that would be the only thing I would recommend avoiding.

Enjoy!