“Great hotel”

Hotel Mermaid Bangkok
Ranked #193 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed here for one night. Very cozy room with lots of space and a good internet connection. Great location too -- walking distance to the BTS and metro, taxis had no trouble finding the place, and there were taxis waiting right outside when I needed a ride to the airport at 5am. I didn't stick around long enough to try the pool or the breakfast (I'm not sure if there even was a breakfast), but in terms of the quality of the room it was just as good as Legacy Suites which is next door and twice as expensive.

My one complaint is that I got a room right next to the elevator, and I could hear it dinging all night making it hard to fall asleep.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dzkorman

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Having had a 19 hour commute to get here, all we wanted was to get to our room.

Upon arrival we was met by a lovely lady who opened the door for us, nice and polite. Then shown to reception to a young man, he was helpful and gave us our room keys (pre booked two deluxe rooms) thought nothing of it as parents on the 4th floor and us on the 2nd.

Got to our room to discover that we had not been given the correct room, so off we went to reception. After some confusion he understood our issue, so offered us another room on the 4th floor opposite our parents. Upon opening the room I noticed in the dark an open suitcase, so closed the door quickly, just incase. Straight down to reception, explained and he looked mortified,, he apologised and upgraded our room to a corner suite!
Room was great, took a walk down the main road as we needed some food and it was approaching curfew time. Had some wonderful food off a street vender 60 baht £1.20.
Swimming pool was wonderful especially when swimming on a hot night staring at the stars and no one else around.
All in all thought the hotel was great until a disagreement with house keeping about hair colour on the towels, even though the towels had been in the same condition for all out trip.
Would we go back, we would and I'd like to go back tomorrow!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Chris J
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed one night - will use this hotel again. The rooms are large, bathroom too. It was clean. Mini bar was empty though - only water. Staff was friendly. The bed was pretty soft - prefer hard. The location was good - about half way between Asoke and Phrom Phong BTS stations. It is definitely worth the money. Smoking rooms are available. Hair dryer on request.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cmchaam
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had to go to Bangkok right now and needed a place close to emporium and soi 29so this one was pretty handy. I liked the guy at the reception.respectful and helpful. In general thai people are so much nicer than grumpy staffin hong kong hotels.first they gave me a room with connecting door...pretty noisy,you could listen even to normal talk of the guests next door. I nagged and complained and got a deluxe room.thanks for this,mates! I stayed three days and liked it.clean,new rooms,newbathrooms and just a short walk from soi 22 and the metro station.it is not the mandarin oriental but the value for money is good. I would call it a 3.5 stars hotel. The view was towards a non finished lehmann rothers skyscraper but the rest pretty well for the price.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe roo.the others are very noisy....and i mean noisy !!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DRLuxury
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We just spent a one night in this hotel but we were really convinced by it. The service is very good and the staff super friendly. The rooms are nice and clean. Absolutely nothing to complain about. We would go there anytime again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank FreddyFresh
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The location of the Hotel Mermaid Bangkok is close to the BTS Asoke Station , so it is convenient . The hotel was built in 2 years ago , facilities and the rooms are new and clean . I like the big room that there are good bathroom and balcony . the price of the room is reasonable. The staff are friendly and polite , their face always with smile . The night shift staff Mr Bom is very nice and helpful . I lost my travel book , he taught me how to go the shops that i wanted patiently. I can finish my bangkok trip successfully under his help .

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank avachan
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I attended a function here and was pleasantly surprised at the attention to detail that went into the design and fittings. A perfectionist Dane has appointed thís venue with exactly the things he likes. The bảr ís like someone's dream. The pool area lovely and even a wine cellar. The food for the buffet was very nice - but quite insufficient for the people attending - so ran out after 20 minutes. (I đid not stay overnight hểre) Whilst you can rent some very nicely fitted rooms - I sêe it ís not really a proper registered hotel - using a clever business name "Hotel Mermaid" Full marks for innovation. A nice alternate place to stay - even ìf it ís located off a strange soi 29. The food quality ís excellent ìf you are ordering a la carte - just make sure you get in early for buffets. well done!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo