“Value for money”
Review of Blutique Hotel

Blutique Hotel
Ranked #349 of 752 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

Hi we were a family of 7 and booked Blutique for 3 nights but end up staying 7 nights. Small budget hotel with everything what you need. Staff very welcoming and helpful. Rooms are very clean as well and modern with all facilities LCD, kettle, safe etc... Only thing missing was coffee cups. They do have a restaurant on groung floor(Indian). Location wise everthg is close as it is in the hear of pratunam, busy area. Not recommended for people who want to relax, but will sure recommend for who like shopping and need clean budget hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Rin1308

Reviewed 14 July 2013

The best thing about this hotel for me was the location as I wanted to shop. It was clean and the staff were nice but the room was very small and the noise from the hallway (from the restaurant) woke me up during the night. I was in a studio room and the bathroom sink was actually next to my bed rather than in the bathroom which sounds strange but was a nice point of difference! The decor was nice and the blue lights make it more interesting. The Indian restaurant has nice food.

Room Tip: I assume higher floors further from the restaurant would have less hallway noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Blutique hotel is operated by Indians and Thais so it is not a problem to communicate in English. Initially, finding the hotel took some time as it is located in an alley and the banner is blocked by many other banners around. One tip to locate this hotel would be to tell the taxi driver you want to go to baiyoke sky hotel and then ask him to drop u there and u can walk over easily. It is located in the alley opposite a warehouse sale, or alternatively u can look out for "coffee world" and then u can find Blutique in the middle of the alley.

Once u located the hotel, it is just a 5 mins walk to platinum mall. There is morning wholesale market below the market which operates until 9am but their attitude is really poor I must say. Night market there is much more enjoyable as it is more relaxing and u need not purchase in wholesale quantity.

I booked 2 thetra deluxe rooms and was allocated level 3 and 4 as I believe there is only one of such room per level. Street food outside the hotel tastes fantastic! Must try their Tom Yum soup stall, the Phad Thai, and this banana chocolate egg prata fried by a handsome young Indian who wears the Indian cap!

Service by the hotel staff is commendable. They are very helpful and can help you call for taxis if u need it. One thing to note would be that if u require a bigger taxi on your last day to airport, u must let the hotel staff know one day in advance.

However, a downside of this hotel would be that tiny cockroaches can be found in the room and towels are not that clean as I got a dirty towel on my first day there. So probably bring along one of your own towel just in case! Other than that I would recommend this hotel as it is really very accessible and the street outside the hotel is bustling so not very dangerous even for girls to stay at. My frens and I are all girls and we felt safe as there are alot of people even in the alley. At night you can even hear the bustling sound from ur hotel. But still, for girls safety, try not to return too late I guess! My frens and I always return to the hotel around 11-12 at night.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Chai91
Reviewed 28 May 2013

If you are planning on a trip to Bangkok during the holiday season in Bangkok, Blutique isn't a good choice.

The hotel was understaffed during the Vesak Day weekend because it was a holiday period in Thailand. Our rooms weren't cleaned thoroughly - they left fake eyelashes from a previous guest on the sink top - and towels and linen weren't washed properly, and had stains on them.

My cousins' rooms had some towels taken away without any replacement. When they asked for new towels, the hotel said they didn't have anymore.

When I asked for help with my safe, the receptionist wasn't very willing to provide assistance, citing lack of manpower as a reason/excuse.

Walls were thin so noise from neighbouring guests and doors slamming woke me up numerous times every night.

The only plus point is probably its proximity to Platinum. But I'd say the area isn't ideal for girls because Blutique isn't located along the main road and the alley leading to it can be quite dark at night.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charlene H
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very cute hotel. I stayed with another female friend in a twin room and there was plenty of space to spread our shopping finds out.

Wifi in room is good and free.

Hotel very clean but I think will need maintenance soon as it is only a couple of years old and already as I show in my photo our room needs a little fixing. However, saying that I stayed 12 months ago at Baiyoki Sky Tower just around the corner and paid twice the amount for almost the same size room and no free wifi.

We stayed 4 nights and paid $168au through agoda. Check in and out was very quick and the mini fridge very cold. New towels, 2 x water bottles and bed made up each day. Also has a safe, kettle and hairdryer.

If you want somewhere close to shopping for minimum cost for only a couple of nights then this place is perfect.

They dont offer breakfast but there is about 20 vendors selling whatever you can think of just as soon as you leave the hotel and a 7/11 no more than 100metres away.

The beds were very soft by asian hotel standards. Air con was quiet.

Easy walking distance to the airport train link and Platinum Fashion Mall.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank makeup_ladyMelbourne
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed at Blutique Hotel for 2 nights in May 2012. As the name suggest, its theme was blue. It is operated by Indians and thus, communication through English was not of a problem.

It took us awhile to look for the hotel as it is located in the middle of the alley. About 2 minutes from the hotel, there is a 7-Eleven store. Beside the hotel is a massage parlour that looks quite sleezy.

The room itself is clean though a little squeezy and the corridoor is quite narrow too.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank traveller-tan
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Here's the good: The staff were very friendly and accommodating. We arrived much earlier than the stated check in time. They were nice to give us a "holding room" to freshen up and put our luggage so that we can continue on our planned day activity and check in later. They shifted our luggage up once the rooms were available. They were also kind enough to extend the checkout time as one of my friends was ill. In terms of location, it was convenient as we were focused on the Pratunam area. It's 5 mins walk to Platinum and 7 mins to the new Airport link. Plenty of street vendors and 7-11 around the area. There were also plenty of massage places around the area (I do not recommend the ones directly below the hotel... especially for couples and families as they provide "extra services"). The room we stayed in of decent size for the 3 of us and the aircon was very strong, providing a cool respite from the hot Bangkok weather. The Wi-fi was also fast.

And the bad:
The rooms were not sound proof. To close the room door, you had to slam the door shut. Our sleep was disturbed by neighbours who were returning late at night or leaving early morning. Not recommended if you are a light sleeper. Our other friend was staying in another room and the door actually couldn't lock! The hotel managed to rectify the situation. The doors had no peep holes so not recommended for female travellers. If you live on the lower floors like my friend, you can hear any commotion that happens downstairs. On our arrival the bedsheets and the towels had stains. There were not a lot of channels on the TV but we were out and about most of the time so it wasn't a major issue. They do not provide toothbrushes so remember to bring your own or you can buy from the 7-11. Soap and shampoo are the dispenser type. It rained on one of the days we were there and the streets leading to it were flooded - ankle to shin deep! The road to Platinum is dark and smelly at night so not recommended for female travellers. Finding the hotel initially can be difficult due to lack of signage and if you are carrying heavy luggage, can be very testing to one's patience.

You get what you pay for. A basic, no frills hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher level room if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends