“Would not recommend this place to anyone.”
Review of White Orchid Inn I

White Orchid Inn I
White Orchid Inn I
Ranked #460 of 667 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“Would not recommend this place to anyone.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

to expensive in this area, noisy back street some times. The reception does not care at all about other than being payed.
My ac got broken and water in half the room.
They tried to come up with some "this is how an AC works" bulls***..

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank alexdaland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have stayed in this cheap hotel before. It was close to the BTS and shopping areas. This time I noticed something I hadn't seen before; cockroaches! Not just one or two but literally dozens! I had prepaid my room so no refund was available. They sprayed my room twice but it did not help. When I returned to my room each day and turned on the light, they were all over my bed.
Another point is that there were prostitutes and lady boys coming and going at all hours. I was propositioned going in and out of my room several times. There was a man and woman arguing about payment in the next room and the yelling persisted for hours. I complained to the reception but they refused to do anything about it.
After 5 long days there I was relieved to be leaving. When I was on the plane, I noticed a cockroach on my shirt! At my next destination I emptied my suitcase in the bathroom and shook all my clothes.
The attitude of the receptionist at night was terrible. I will never go back there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Yankeefan56

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 4 September 2013

They ask 100bth for laundry service, when the near Hotels charge just 60 bth , they don t have a dry machine ,the aircon of my room didn t work. The position is good especially for single who want to have fun in the night. Area is full of hookers I not recommend this place for any family

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Iro14
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Good location if you want to be close to Nana entertainment, but noisy customers coming back with girls in the middle of the night, as all places in Sukhumvit Soi 4. Staff less or more friendly and the second day on the morning, coming back from breakfast, the door of the guest house was closed, as the desktop girl was in a room with a customer... We have to wait outside more than 30 minutes, fortunately we haven't a plane to take. Most very small rooms haven't windows, wi-fi NEVER works. 4 FLOORS, NO FIRE EXIT: YOU'LL BE TRAPPED IF A FIRE BROKE OUT.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ardithpica
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 28 August 2012

We stayed at the new White Orchid Inn-2(address : 21/14 Sukhumvit,Soi 4).this hotel is minutes away from 7-Eleven store,money exchange,vibrant nightlife at Soi 4,BTS Nana station,Foodland etc.takes no more than a 10 minute walk to Nana station.even though they dont have a lift in the hotel premises but that makes up for the affordable room rates with aircondition,attached toilet,free wifi.its pretty much safe for travelers with family as well if you dont mind the girls and bars on the street nearby.staffs are friendly and informative.recommended!

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have better wifi signal
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Candlemass
Chiang Rai, Thailand
Reviewed 27 July 2012

This Inn is located across the soi from the White Orchid Inn and is owned by the same people.

For it's price and location (two minute walk from Nana Plaza) it is one of the better places to stay. It's on a dead end soi so there is little traffic noise. The staff is nice and the rooms are very comfortable. If you want to have a guest visit for a while it is OK.

Laundry service is available on site for B70 per load, not per kilo. Many places will charge B30 per kilo so if you have a lot of laundry to be done this is a better deal.

There are free lockers in the lobby area to store valuables. The guest keeps the key and there is 24 hour access to them.

There is free wifi but it only works in the lobby or at the tables in front of the Inn. Perhaps if you stayed in a room closer to the front of the Inn it would work.

I stay upstairs on the back side and it was quiet, I seldom heard any other guests unless they closed their room door too hard.

Room cost per night is B750. For the room quality and being close to Nana Plaza I found this to be one of the better places to stay. Perhaps there are better deals/places in the area but I did not find them when I looked.

Con: Wifi did not work for me upstairs on the back of the building.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo