“Fantastic service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mode Sathorn Hotel
Ranked #136 of 844 Hotels in Bangkok
“Fantastic service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend found this gem on tripadvisor and picked it out from all the positive reviews given. It helped that it is located right next to Surasak BTS station. The bathroom is so spacious with the bathtub facing the window. There is a separate rain shower with the necessary toiletries provided.

The bed is very plush and comfortable though a tad soft for my liking. 4 pillows were provided which I think is awesome. Most of the time, I find myself having to request for extra pillows in other hotels that I have stayed. The ac was blowing directly at my side of the bed though, which wasn't good because I came down with a fever the next morning.

There is a safe, kettle, minibar, slippers and bathrobe provided as well. If you need a minimart, there is one just across the road, a family mart. Very convenient. Healthland massage spa is located further down the road, a 5-10 min walk. (However, I would not visit it if I were you, am elaborating more in my review of it).

Every day the hotel tops up 4 bottles of water hence I found that I did not have to buy extra bottles of water while staying here.

My partner and I had an excellent stay. The staff are very helpful, friendly and efficient. The only gripe perhaps was our floor level. My partner had requested for a high floor and we got placed on level 15. That was the only disappointment.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shazcarvalho

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dusseldorf, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Our room was on 25th floor so we had a good view of the city from room and bathroom. The hotel is modern and big.
The staff in the breakfast restaurant are very friendly and helpful. The receptionists are friendly as well. But we asked them for the way to some tourist attractions. They explained it accurately but failed to mention that on this specific day there were some of the biggest protests in Thailand and the whole city was crowded with demonstrators. The tourdesk and the cafeteria in the lobby are expensive.
The rooftop bar has a great view as well as the beautiful pool on the 11th floor.
The Skytrain Station is just in front of the hotel so travelling through the city is easy.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four days with my husband and also my daughter and her husband. We arrived at about 2 am and were met by several very friendly and efficient staff. Our room on the 27th floor was fantastic, the bed was supremely comfortable and the room was decorated in quite a funky quirky design. It faced a serene view with lots of greenery and a few large houses amid the towering office blocks and apartments. The vista at night was sensational. The bathroom was huge with a large bath set in marble surrounds, as well as a large shower area. We had drinks by the pool on the tenth floor and also joined in the new year's eve celebrations at midnight to see the fireworks. ( not as good as Sydney's). The doors of the rooms are all set back with no really defined central corridor-this means that you don't have any noise as people come and go from their rooms. The place is very new and spotlessly clean and the staff are always very friendly, and offer to do anything they can to assist. Most places are 150 baht taxi fare away, but Bangkok has horrendous traffic, so be prepared for traffic jams. The hotel is adjacent to Surasak Skytrain but beware as my son-in-law had his wallet stolen on his way back from the markets whilst in the train. Check out Jatajak (Chatachak) Markets and Patpong- lots of fun and BARGAINS abound!!! Only drink bottled water including for teeth cleaning. Silom Rd Cultural Centre is great for food and scarves!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank terryanne9
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was here with my boyfriend for half my stay in BKK, we stayed over NYE and stayed on a couple of days more in this hotel before moving on to the next.

Prior to my stay, I re-confirmed my booking with the hotel and they were very prompt and helpful in their replies.

Upon checking in, we experienced an hour delay as the front desk explained to us that our room is still undergoing housekeeping due to the last occupants' late checkout.

We were briskly ushered to the lounge area where we enjoyed complimentary welcome drinks and free WiFi connectivity.

Apartment & Facilities:
Was on the 26th floor, Western style room. The room is well decorated, with a modern contemporary vibe to it.

The bathroom is exceptionally spacious and well laid out, which I liked a lot, considering that both myself and my boyfriend spend a lot of our time in the bathroom grooming ourselves. The bathroom is well stocked with all the basic necessities, dental hygiene (toothbrush, toothpaste and even mouth wash) along with the usual grooming and showering needs.

The rain shower is extremely enjoyable. (Do note that the shower area can get pretty slippery after a shower, suppose it's the choice of tiles used which had little friction/ grip)
The bathtub had a splendid view.
The water is consistently warm when you needed it to be.
The towels provided during our stay were always fresh and clean.

The bed and pillows were nice and comfort-y and we both had a good nights sleep on it.

Room is equipped with an electric kettle, allowing us to make tea every night. The pantry is well stocked in every aspect. Ttruly appreciate the hotel's touch.

We visited their infinite pool often, enjoyed the sun and a couple of drinks there. The view is great over looking the BTS line and beyond. The bartender is friendly and efficient in her service. There was a live DJ spinning downtempo and house on a couple of occasions.

Connectivity:
Unlike most hotels, Mode@Sathorn offers great WiFi connectivity throughout my stay. There was never a moment I had difficulty tapping into its WiFi to access my emails and surf the web.

Breakfast:
Breakfast starts ends at 10.30am, and the spread is decent, serving intercontinental. The cook-to-order eggs was fabulously done. The juice were fresh, and all the dishes were all up to standard.

Service staff was efficient and friendly.

Location:
The hotel is conveniently located right next to the BTS.
My boyfriend and myself took the airport link to Phaya Thai BTS station and took the BTS straight to Surasak station just to find the hotel right next to the hotel. Extremely convenient! The journey took us no more than an hour, as compared to taking the taxi which left me stranded in grid traffic for 6hours the last time I visited the BKK city.

A mall is situated 1 BTS station away, with plenty to eat and drink.

Saphan Taksin BTS station is just next stop, by paying a small fee for the boat service (some 20-50bath) you can visit Asiatique and RiverFront City which is all just around the corner.

Siam is not too far away either, just about 5 stops away.

And, Chatuchak weekend market (Mo Chit BTS Station) is not hard to get to, as the BTS takes you right there too.

All-in-All:

I would say this boutique hotel knows its clientele very well, and truly distinguishes itself from the other hotels. If you're looking for a boutique style hotel, with 5* service and details, instead of a mundane hotel I definitely say this is the one to go to.

The deco of the whole place is perfect in my opinion with friendly and helpful service staff.

Truly enjoyed my stay here. Making plans to return again. :-)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Orinda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel for 4 nights. The rooms were quiet and spacious. Modern and safe.Nice checkin process and friendly staff. Only minor drawback is when it is busy at breakfast it is hard to find a table but they worked hard to get it fixed.Location of hotel is near the Surasak BTS subway station and easy to get to and from the airport to avoid Bangkok traffic. Walking distance for us to get around or very cheap to use the BTS again . Would definitely stay again if in Bangkok .

Room Tip: Breakfast is quite worth it with made to order crepes and omelets along with Asian dishes and differ...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Have stayed in many hotels in bangkok and none can beat Mode Sathorn!

Upon arrival, we were greeted by friendly staff at the foyer and check in was a breeze. The hotel looks chic and our room was great, a big room with 2 queen sized bed! There was also a welcome fruit platter and welcome drinks on the house! The view was spectacular with a nice bangkok skyline view (new year fireworks included!) on the 17th floor. The swimming pool looks great with a dj spinning music, and the restaurants with a contemporary rustic look and feel.

The hotel is just beside the Surasak BTS, amazing convenience there if you like to travel via the metro. It is also located near the Healthland Spa (Sathorn), within 10 mins walk. Blue Elephant restaurant is just across an overhead bridge.

My only minor rant was the condition of the building, being a new hotel in the vicinity, wear and tear are visible on the building facade, as well as the room's finishing and walls. Also, the room was not serviced and clean until 5pm on the second day resulted in me having to wait in the lobby for 2 hours (house-keeping needs a wake up call).

Overall, i'm very pleased with the hotel's location, design and room's comfort. Service from the concierge was also exceptional. The soft launch rates is definitely value for money! Definitely would come back again.

Room Tip: Higher floors command a better skyline view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

A jewel in the hotels to be found in Bangkok.
Modern with all you will need,location and short stay.
Staff are very polite, food excellent. Good value for money.
Must check out the pool and roof top bar.
Location in the centre of the city.

Stayed January 2014